Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
One of the things i have been expecting in the progression of the story of Mr. Bundy, was what i expected to be the marginalization, demonizing, ridiculing of him and his family by the left, big govt. bunch. And their psycopants. Seems like it is right on schedule, got to make fun of them first, before you send in the troops.
Spot on.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jdm953
I just went and checked the reports about what Bundy was supposed to have said and compared it to the video.Bundy never said blacks were better off as slaves.Its a lie.
Lots of folks here are falling for the leftist propaganda, though, aren't they?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
He better hurry up and make another video of himself riding a horse and carrying the Flag.

Travis

LMFAO!

Maybe the dude is smarter than we think. He knows he has no case so he's angling for a lucrative contract with the idiots at Faux News for an anchor spot. Ought to help pay the bills...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4100fps
It's funny to watch the fleas bail from the dead dog. Laffin! Hey Rock where are you on this?

You are a special kind of dumb, aren't you? grin

I already weighed in on this, this morning.

But since you want, I'll expand on it. It'll be over your head and you won't understand, but I really don't care if you do or don't.

"Where I am on this" is simple. A country boy says "negro" on TV and everyone. especially liberals get their panties in a wad. OK. You wanna get upset, then get upset. That's your opinion... You are welcome to it.

As I said, he was always in serious need of a spokesman and a lawyer. The first thing either or both would have told him as a condition of working with him is simple too. STFU. He didn't. So now he deals with that. But, in all honesty, Cliven probably thought he WAS being very PC when he made those statements. I have been around old ranchers that would have laid the bat to the ball if they had been asked about such matters. But, they are not in the limelight, so it doesn't matter.

I'll tell you where I am with the whole issue too.... wink

The same place I was yesterday.

Whatever Bundy said or did doesn't excuse the behavior of the government in the way that they dealt with the situation. Nor does it excuse them from the laws they broke, or the Constitutional violations they flagrantly and arrogantly imposed on American Citizens. Nothing that happened today or tomorrow will change those facts. No matter how much they try and discredit Bundy, the violations by our own government still need the attention it takes to see if a remedy and prevention of future incursions can be had.

I also would rather have a crusty old rancher continue to graze that whole area than to hand it to the special interests of a tortoise group, or made
into a Garden of Eden to make the greenies feel better about destroying such large tracts of desert for solar farms that are a proven hoax by the government in the first place. Americans need beef. They need oil, and coal and lumber, and copper and lead.... This administration does NOT have the best public interest in mind when they do away with what purposes the public lands were created for in the first damn place.

So. Now you know where I stand.

No amount of distraction by liberals takes my eyes off of the real ball. Nor does it hide who is pitching. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jdm953
I just went and checked the reports about what Bundy was supposed to have said and compared it to the video.Bundy never said blacks were better off as slaves.Its a lie.
Lots of folks here are falling for the leftist propaganda, though, aren't they?
Hook line and sinker.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice post

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hell if Vegas would have never been built, had there never been the population and housing explosion seen there in the last couple decades.

But it was....

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
exactly, this is nothing more than slight of hand leftist BS.
rather than being the rancher the gov came to force off his land and he stood defiant, he is now the poster child for "racist right wing ranchers and farmers"
the right is so gung ho on back peddling they missed the fact that the whole thing is a smoke and mirrors bit to hide the real truth in what happened. alienate Clive and you can go kill him with impunity because no one will stand beside him if they think they might be labeled a racist. most on here jump on that bandwagon proving why the right is weak. congrats to those who bowed to the race card again. we're screwed six ways from sunday. this was nothing more than a ploy to discredit him and all who stood with him.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
His own mouth will continue to do him in, but he can't help himself.

He thinks he's someone now.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
He better hurry up and make another video of himself riding a horse and carrying the Flag.

Travis

Speaking of that clip, you guys are all slow on the uptake.
I knew right off that he was a dimwit when I saw that he rides an Arab.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have seen grown men walking across the courtyard in the projects with women and kids everywhere.Pull his d$$k out and start pissing and not miss a step.Its insane.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
rather than being the rancher the gov came to force off his land and he stood defiant...

Ummm, his land?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
exactly, this is nothing more than slight of hand leftist BS.
rather than being the rancher the gov came to force off his land and he stood defiant, he is now the poster child for "racist right wing ranchers and farmers"
the right is so gung ho on back peddling they missed the fact that the whole thing is a smoke and mirrors bit to hide the real truth in what happened. alienate Clive and you can go kill him with impunity because no one will stand beside him if they think they might be labeled a racist. most on here jump on that bandwagon proving why the right is weak. congrats to those who bowed to the race card again. we're screwed six ways from sunday. this was nothing more than a ploy to discredit him and all who stood with him.

his land?

your sig line seems to apply to this situation:

"Everything happens for a reason, sometimes that reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions."

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Are you working on a exit strategy?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What ever caused Bundy's problem with the government... it wasn't the cost of the grazing lease... he'd been paying it all along since they obtained it in 1954. And the rate had actually decreased by 40 percent from 1980 to 2004, while grazing fees charged by private ranchers increased by 78 percent for the same period.

His refusal to pay the fees apparently was only due to the BLM's management of the leases within the area, which he fully understood and agreed to... and which included nothing that wasn't voted into place by congress.

Was he too dumb to think that he could stop paying the fees all together suddenly and nothing would be done.

Apparently for nearly 20 years it worked, but in the long run he and his family is still going to loose.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Republican Sens. Rand Paul and Dean Heller on Thursday both denounced as �offensive� and �racist� Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy�s recent comments about African-Americans.

�His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him,� Paul said in a statement, according to Business Insider.
Continue Reading
Text Size

-
+
reset

Latest on POLITICO

Israel halts talks with Palestinians
Loesch: Bundy not 'media trained'
Longoria backs 'Voto Hispano' film
Colorado '16 poll: Paul beats Clinton
PAC backs pro-gay rights GOPers
Krauthammer: 'This is lawlessness'

�Senator Heller completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy�s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way,� Heller spokeswoman Chandler Smith said in a statement.

Both Paul and Heller have previously defended Bundy, the Nevada rancher who is in a standoff against the federal government. Heller has referred to his supporters as �patriots.�

(Also on POLITICO: Rand Paul makes a muddle)

But on Thursday, The New York Times reported Bundy using the word �Negro� and wondering if blacks were better off as slaves.

�They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,� Bundy said over the weekend, according to the Times. �And I�ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn�t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.�

Appearing on �CBS This Morning� on Thursday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry said he hadn�t seen Bundy�s comments. The Republican called Bundy a �side story� in the greater issue of how the federal government deals with public and private land.

Fox News host Greta Van Susteren on Thursday released a statement on her official blog: �Let me make this plain: I condemn what Cliven Bundy said about African Americans.� Van Susteren has devoted significant time on her program to the Bundy issue, interviewing both Paul and Carol Bundy, Cliven�s wife.

(Also on POLITICO: Bundy and BLM: 10 things to know)

�Morning Joe� co-host and former GOP Rep. Joe Scarborough on his program Thursday morning slammed Bundy and Republicans who have embraced him. He said that Bundy is demanding �a right that no other rancher in America has.�

The host appeared to be equally upset with conservatives that have championed Bundy over the course of the past few weeks. �There�s nothing conservative about this man,� Scarborough said. �This is where nihilism about the federal government gets you in trouble every time.�

Comparing Bundy to George Zimmerman, Scarborough continued: �They basically pick their friends based on who their �enemies� are. In this case, a lot of people in conservative media have raced to this guy�s defense. They must be feeling very exposed this morning.�

Mo Elleithee, communications director for the Democratic National Committee, took to Twitter to criticize Paul for what he thought was a slow response. �So @SenRandPaul took 12 hours to condemn Bundy�s racist rant. 12 hours. I dunno about him, but my outrage was pretty instant,� Elleithee wrote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/rand-paul-dean-heller-cliven-bundy-105982.html#ixzz2zouCoOui

Nothing you don't hear here at the fire.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The new poster boy for the conservative voter! It is amazing how many conservatives jump on board of every clown who pretends to challenge the government before they vet the kook. Can you say 9-9-9 Herman Cain?

"And I�ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things"

That will leave mark! Just another angry old white man looking for his government handout!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think I can understand what Bundy was trying to say, Even though is came out terribly wrong. I've heard old Ranchers talk this way a lot. It was bound to happen, and a matter of time.

Is what really bothers me is the fact that they (negros) are wronged and chastised for taking a subsidy thrown to them, (the system make them slaves where they could be out picking cotton), but he has no clue he's in the same boat. The difference is he really feels entitled to his subsidy, and feels he should have MORE, then proudly parades the American flag around all the while pissing on it. Unbelievable.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Cliven Bundy is a martyr. I don't wish it on the man, but my bet is that he ends up like most martyrs.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
What ever caused Bundy's problem with the government... it wasn't the cost of the grazing lease... he'd been paying it all along since they obtained it in 1954. And the rate had actually decreased by 40 percent from 1980 to 2004, while grazing fees charged by private ranchers increased by 78 percent for the same period.

His refusal to pay the fees apparently was only due to the BLM's management of the leases within the area, which he fully understood and agreed to... and which included nothing that wasn't voted into place by congress.

Was he too dumb to think that he could stop paying the fees all together suddenly and nothing would be done.

Apparently for nearly 20 years it worked, but in the long run he and his family is still going to loose.

Phil

I don't think he lost. He got free grazing for 20 years on a herd five or six times the size he would have been allowed to have had he played by the rules the BLM set for him. Heck, his ranch is at least partially owned by a family trust, and not the revocable kind (although there is one of those too) so it might not even be subject to a judgment.

At this point, it is difficult to see a way that he comes out of this worse financially than he would have if he had reduced his herd to 150 animals in 1993.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 45 invisible), 3,360 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,576
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.