Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You could love M4 IE short tube, if you were putting a suppressor on the end.

Or if it was a house defense gun.

Nothing military or wanna be about those uses.

Other than that I don't like 16 inch tubes either.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
You could love M4 IE short tube, if you were putting a suppressor on the end.

Or if it was a house defense gun.

Nothing military or wanna be about those uses.

Other than that I don't like 16 inch tubes either.

I agree Rost. That "wanna be military" was out of line. I just think there is a better use of powder, primers and bullets than out of an M-4 barrel. The military should of stuck with the M-4 as a mount for a grenade launcher and NOT for everyone in the squad. I just won't go any shorter than a 16 middy again. In Iowa the suppressors are a no go. When some bills get paid and some other issues resolved it will be time for something new to play with. It will probably be 20" minimum. kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 04/26/14.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
OOps wrong thread

Last edited by Esox357; 04/26/14.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
kwg- I think that I could live with 18 as a compromise. Not so loud, not so much loss and a tiny bit handier than 20.

And having shot longer tubes, you really don't gain so much even from 20 to 26 inches in reality.

I had a suppressor on the list just for pigs and yotes and such, but never got that far. When it became legal for anything I jumped on it last fall when I finally ahd the money. Nov 7 emailed and order to a dealer and picked up 2 today.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you got them in Jeff. I was one spot away from a certificate for a Saker and trust a few weeks ago. Had it in my hand as a matter of fact, but the guy ahead of me came looking for it so I passed it off. I've really been wanting one, so it's probably just as well that I didn't get it. Then I'd just want to keep it.

After hunting with ear pro a few times last year I'm ready for one.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the 18" option as well. I'm thinking 6x45. The problem is finding .243 bullets in the 60 to 70 grain range. It seems the 6 mm stuff is hard to come by. Iowa has had a suppressor ban since 1977 when the liberals had Iowa by the gonads. My wife fell and broke her arm last week so lots of things are on hold for me.

To the fellow who did the original post on reviewing their rifle, now is the time to come up with something outside of the box. There are way too many M-4 carbines out there now. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My hat is off to Bluedreaux for the editing and pointers. Not just a rant but a very considerate and useful response.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
OP Offline
Thank you for an actual evaluation on the video. Again, this was our first video and we will improve. As I said in my first response, we knew we would get hammered for the "EYE PRO" as you put it and decided to risk it for length's sake. So enough said about "EYE PRO", we get it. Now as far as the english lesson, my wife is a grammer nazi so I can handle it HA HA. It is not my biggest concern, there are guys out there doing much worse. And as for your critique on technique, most of this was discussed prior to publishing, and we will improve guaranteed.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good on you for wanting to improve.

Just saying there are others out there doing worse does nothing at all for me.

Shoot for the top or stay home.

OP Offline

Just saying there are others out there doing worse does nothing at all for me.

rost495 Sir, Sorry I didn't clarify This statment was only refering to the poster who picked apart my poor spelling and grammar not about the video.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Oh you are fine, I was implying, I don't care a flip about how sloppy others are, you should always strive to do the very best you can, not just a bit better than the rest. Even in posts. And I'm by far not the one that follows my advice, mostly because I type SO fast and make mistakes that I don't correct but should...

But we all should do the best we can every time.

Get back to us on the cost, availability and when you do some real testing for accuracy, rather than just blasting. I"m curious.

OP Offline

Get back to us on the cost, availability and when you do some real testing for accuracy, rather than just blasting. I"m curious.

rost495 here is alittle info about bearcreek

Bear Creek Arsenal is owned and Operated by the Moore Family.
They have a long history here in our North Carolina not only as master machinist but as shooters, armorers and craftsmen.
Until now Bear Creek has been mostly known behind the scenes in the firearms community for making custom barrels, complex receivers, and high end private label rifle parts for builders across the country.
More recently, their sister company , Moore�s Machine, introduced a base level AR-15 to the market. This is a rifle that we carried for a while, stopped carrying, and then re-introduced after extensive testing and becoming comfortable with their new found level of consistent quality. After being re-introduced, they were a huge success� (this info was taken from classicfirearms.com) rost495 I paid $500 for mine with a hard case not a high quality hardcase, but a hardcase none the less. It was purchased at classicfirearms.com the price has increased to $569.99 and is taking 6-8 weeks to deliever because of popularity of this weapon and the price and performance. We are planning to do a series on some other weapons but we may come back to this. rost495 thank you for your post.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I bet its somewhat hard to go from making custom barrels, to just punching a tube out for a cheaper gun where accuracy is not the goal.

Some of the above info will be good on the review.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
more damn spam. Geez

Sam......

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by SIArsenal

Until now Bear Creek has been mostly known behind the scenes in the firearms community for making custom barrels, complex receivers, and high end private label rifle parts for builders across the country.

I would be curious as to who they made custom barrels and high end parts for as it is an often made statement in the AR world. Going from high end and custom to bottom dollar seems like it would be a difficult stretch for them to make. Without any info on material specs, such as what material are their barrels, bolts, etc; made of, it's hard to say anything about them based upon the review other than it was cheap.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Internet is full of complaints about how bad the Moore Machine Company ARs were. Even classic firearms stopped carrying them for a while. The. They switch names and put out another super low cost AR......No thanks.

"They've been known for high end rifle parts" Gimme a break.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
people worry too much about the eye protection.

That's because anyone can run down to Wal-Mart and get a new set of eyes for under $10?

I always have glasses on so its no biggie for me. ...

I've worn glasses for over 50 years. They've saved my eyes more times than I can count, from objects as large as baseballs to particles ejected from a muzzle brake a couple of benches over.

That kid didn't have any eye protection. Keep it up and he might soon need some of these replacement eyeballs from Wal-Mart. Oh, wait, they don't really exist.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (17CalFan, 219DW, 1234, 219 Wasp, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,017 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,462
Posts18,508,236
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.