Page 45 of 120 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 119 120
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
hey Coach, chill out. You're talking to a recovering cancer survivor.

That is great news, it also probably means he needs a "coach" even more, as elevated cortisol feeds cancer about like sugar, and about the best way to jack up cortisol levels, short of SFAS or Ranger School, is to run too much.

So now you're an expert oncologist giving medical advice online.

Do us all a favor. Rack your brain and try to recall what the subject of this thread is. Then, don't read any books by Mark Rippetoe, or anyone else for that matter. Go backpack hunting, kill a big animal, and tote it out on your back a good distance.

Then get back with us.

GFY, then produce ANYTHING of substance that refutes anything I've posted here, and then GFY again.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How about you produce anything of substance that shows you've ever backpack hunted?

And by the way, who the hell are you to get in between a cancer patient and his doctor?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How about you produce anything of substance that shows you've ever backpack hunted?

And by the way, who the hell are you to get in between a cancer patient and his doctor?

So, as usual, you've got ZILCH to disprove any assertion I've made. This seems to be a pattern for your azz.

While I'm at it, I may as well delve into a little cardiology as well. Several longitudinal studies, over decades, of ranked competitive level cross-country skiers have demonstrated a powerful correlation between world-class aerobic fitness, maintained for prolonged periods, and early onset of atrial fibrillation. This leads to strokes and other maladies. The cancer correlation has been fairly common knowledge in sports medicine circles for at least a decade.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Take a knee: I don't expect this to register with you, but sometimes, the only "right" way to respond to a post like Scott's does not involve giving your opinion or advice, no matter how well-informed you may or may not be.

In other words, I don't care if you're the medical director of Sloan-Kettering, don't be an ass-hole.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yes, well rounded, strength with endurance is a good RX for health. Too far one way or the other and things get off...etc...etc...etc.... Lot's of ways to get there, sound research, etc... All good points TAK.

The one point that you keep making, that is lost on no one and is beyond refute, is that you are an AZZ.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

The one point that you keep making, that is lost on no one and is beyond refute, is that you are an AZZ.

Opinions are like azzholes, they are all somewhat different but they all stink. Have a nice day JM.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Take a knee: I don't expect this to register with you, but sometimes, the only "right" way to respond to a post like Scott's does not involve giving your opinion or advice, no matter how well-informed you may or may not be.

In other words, I don't care if you're the medical director of Sloan-Kettering, don't be an ass-hole.

So, if I shout at someone about to step in front of a bus, I'm an azzhole? I'd readily agree that sutlety ain't my strong suit, and maybe I am an azzhole. It is what it is.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
So, if I shout at someone about to step in front of a bus, I'm an azzhole?

You're making a huge mistake by assuming that Scott has no competent medical advice from the MD(s) he's been working with. And being insulting in the process by using that analogy. If he had no doctor and was here asking for advice, then giving advice would be appropriate.

But he's not asking for advice. You're putting yourself between him and his doctors, and in the process making the assumption that neither can get by without advice from some unknown stranger on the internet.

And the sad thing is, you don't seem to realize just how arrogant that is.

As a matter of fact, no one here is asking for advice or critiques of their workouts. The purpose of this thread is for people to post what they're doing to get in shape, as a motivational tool. Not to be harped at by some stranger about how they're doing it all wrong.

For backpack hunting, not special forces. And by the way, that was pretty slick how you wedged in the reference to special forces training.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
TAK on a backpacking forum....

[bleep]' funny.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave
TAK on a backpacking forum....

[bleep]' funny.

Travis

Your bald-headed azz on the west side of the Bob.....NOT.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
And by the way, that was pretty slick how you wedged in the reference to special forces training.

I do it just for your limp-wristed azz. The fact that it bothers you is YOUR problem. It bothers the hell out of you that you never manned up and joined. Too bad. I regret I didn't do more than I did.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It don't bother me at all. I just like to point out every time you feel the need to introduce the subject when it's totally irrelevant, which is often.

It's called "overcompensation."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Scott
Finally got my 2 mile interval run pace under 11 minutes at 10:57. Next goal = 10:30.
Surprising since we've been on shutdown at work since Friday so not-so-easy 12hr days are the norm.

Excellent.

TAK: When someone obviously doesn't care for your advise then leave it be. We all run our own race.

Last edited by battue; 06/19/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It don't bother me at all. I just like to point out every time you feel the need to introduce the subject when it's totally irrelevant, which is often.

It's called "overcompensation."

That beats the hell out of deep seated feelings of inadequacy, as in your case.

Since I'm accused of ruining threads with my posts, and every time I post ANYTHING, your goofy azz HAS to post a retort to anything and everything I say, what does that say about you?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Scott, my apologies. I should've just said what Battue sadi and left it at that.

Battue is just so much older and wiser than me. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Grandmother was in her late 80s and blind. My brother who was a hard core biker was visiting and gave her a hug. She felt his beard and asked. "Why the big beard?"

His reply was, "It's to tickle the girls with Grandma." To which she replied, "Your a man, you have something else to tickle the girls with."

Thats the wisdom of age. grin

Last edited by battue; 06/19/14.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good one, sounds like something my grandma might have said.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Smokepole - no worries.
TAK - I think I'll take the advice of those whose credentials include MIT, Penn, UPMC, Harvard, etc. Whose resumes I've read, whose advice has gotten me this far. The only credentials I can gather from your posts are that you spend way too much time on the internet and you have some type of military background. Probably 11B.
BTW TAK - its Mark Allen, not Marcus. I'm reading Iron Wars now. Sure he probably looks used up. He and Dave Scott took it to the extreme, not anywhere close to my goals.

Thanks to all. I'm not looking for the spotlight. I check this post to see how everyone's doing, get some ideas to research and possibly throw into my routine, and keep motivated.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Scott, keep us posted on your progress. It's good to hear, and it's a bit of a motivator, just like everyone else's progress.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Scott,
You have to watch those people who work over there at UPMC. grin

Keep grinding.

Page 45 of 120 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (300_savage, 01Foreman400, 264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 2five7, 49 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,443
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.