Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There seems no way any longer to assure the safety of your dog from being shot by a cop. If they wanted to search the property, they should have first contacted the property owner. This wasn't farm land. It was the fenced-in curtilage of a man's home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Maybe. Or maybe the dog owner is the neighborhood child molester and the kids mother was in the street screaming that she knew he had the kid and as raping it in the back yard.

Or maybe the dog had the kid in its' mouth. crazy
The only thing for sure is that people that draw absolute conclusions without absolute knowledge are absolute idiots

Well you got that one right.
The cops at the scene seemed to agree w/ the owner though.
They knew the shooter cop was in the wrong, so did the shooter cop.Why else would he leave?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There seems no way any longer to guarantee the safety of your Dunkin' Donuts break from people who forgot what their children looked like or that they had a basement.

We can all agree that the cop shouldn't have shot the dog. Can we also all agree that the parents are idiots and shouldn't have called the police to begin with?

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 06/27/14.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Just finished the article. Pretty pathetic. Law enforcement had better figure it out soon or the tables will turn and things will get very ugly.
'

I agree. Screw the public. Let 'em look for their own kidnapped children. They should be more responsible.

Wow. I would expect this response from Dink, but not you.
Not as much difference between the two as you may have thought. He's really been showing his true colors lately.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time to look for a lost kid in that cops neighborhood and shoot anything of his that threatens the searchers (dog, cat, kids, wife, him, whatever).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bluedreaux, you and Itp can joke all you want but there is going to come a time when homeowners shoot back and good people are going to die all because dumba$$es like the SLC cop above weren't vetted properly by their "brothers in blue".

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sooner or later some Cops are going to get killed over something like this.

People are funny sometimes. Some people love their dogs more than their own relatives and would consider it murder for this to happened to their dog.

Some guy who's lost a job, went thru a divorce, no health insurance, has nothing left to lose, etc, etc, will come home and find his house busted into and the one thing that's been with him thru it all, has been shot and killed by a cop.

It's only a matter of time till somebody flips out and goes postal because some LEO killed his pet.

It'll happen sooner or later...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Sooner or later some Cops are going to get killed over something like this.

People are funny sometimes. Some people love their dogs more than their own relatives and would consider it murder for this to happened to their dog.

It's only a matter of time till somebody flips out and goes postal because some LEO killed his pet.

Some guy who's lost a job, went thru a divorce, no health insurance, has nothing left to lose, etc, etc, will come home and find his house busted into and the one thing that's been with him thru it all, has been shot and killed by a cop. It's gonna get ugly...

It'll happen sooner or later...
If that happened, I'd find it very hard to shed a tear for any cops involved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bluedreaux, you and Itp can joke all you want but there is going to come a time when homeowners shoot back and good people are going to die all because dumba$$es like the SLC cop above weren't vetted properly by their "brothers in blue".

Some cop retard in Utah ain't my brother any more than any other retard in Utah. And I've got no more knowledge of what he does everyday or influence over him to change his behavior than you do.

The guys I have contact with every day aren't shooting dogs, or doing body cavity searches, or whatever else behavior of strangers you want to hold me responsible for.

I've turned in subordinates and testified against superiors who are now in prison and encouraged folks to complain against jackass officers that I couldn't change. So try again, oh Painter With A Wide Brush. I've done my part and will again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

We can all agree that the cop shouldn't have shot the dog. Can we also all agree that the parents are idiots and shouldn't have called the police to begin with?

Yes. ^

What I won't agree with though is LEO's defending this kind of chit with wisecracks and innuendo simply because it was another LEO that did the deed.

The a-hole that shot the dog shouldn't have a the job to start with. Period.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 06/27/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What did I defend?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What did I defend?

I think he's referring to;
I agree. Screw the public. Let 'em look for their own kidnapped children. They should be more responsible.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't necessarily referring to you.
Sux when you all get lumped togeather, huh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well see...the cops should have told the parents to search their house and call back later if they still can't find their baby.

why can't we just expect the police to do what we hired them to do, which INCLUDES looking for lost children, but does NOT include shooting dogs?

I wish we could get them to shoot dogs more often. Perhaps there would be fewer loose ones running around, biting (our) my kids, killing our (my son's) dogs, and scattering trash all over the place. Admittedly, they all are cute as puppies. But, they don't want us killing loose dogs ourselves; it's their job. wink

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Well see...the cops should have told the parents to search their house and call back later if they still can't find their baby.

why can't we just expect the police to do what we hired them to do, which INCLUDES looking for lost children, but does NOT include shooting dogs?

I wish we could get them to shoot dogs more often. Perhaps there would be fewer loose ones running around, biting (our) my kids, killing our (my son's) dogs, and scattering trash all over the place. Admittedly, they all are cute as puppies. But, they don't want us killing loose dogs ourselves; it's their job. wink

This one wasn't loose. He was in a fenced yard.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Some cop retard in Utah ain't my brother any more than any other retard in Utah. And I've got no more knowledge of what he does everyday or influence over him to change his behavior than you do.

The guys I have contact with every day aren't shooting dogs, or doing body cavity searches, or whatever else behavior of strangers you want to hold me responsible for.

I've turned in subordinates and testified against superiors who are now in prison and encouraged folks to complain against jackass officers that I couldn't change. So try again, oh Painter With A Wide Brush. I've done my part and will again.

No where in any of my posts did I "hold" you responsible for the actions of the SLC cop, so get off your self proclaimed pedestal of self righteousness. I responded to your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling at anyone who has critical remarks of LEO.

If your dept. is walking the moral high road then great, keep up the good work, but there are too many cases around the rest of the country that in the least, show basic disregard for constitutional rights of the general populous and at its worst represent abject criminal activities committed by the very people who are paid to prevent those crimes.

LEO, across the board, need to reassess it's mindset of "us vs them" and realize they are in fact, civilians just like the rest of us. If they want support from the people who pay their salaries then they better start exercising their oath or there really will be a future of "us vs them".... and LEO is totally out numbered by many magnitudes.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Yep, anyone that can defend what this cop did is a first class douche. No sense in it happening. Even the cops left on scene knew it was a screw up...you can tell by their reactions.

I respect law enforcement and have many friends and family that are but this kind of crap has to end.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks. I've always thought I was pretty adept with my flippancy, but it's nice to know other people notice too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just finished the article. Pretty pathetic. Law enforcement had better figure it out soon or the tables will turn and things will get very ugly.
'

Nice red herring. Make the argument about whether or not the cops should be out looking for lost children, that action is much easier to defend and makes anyone attacking that action the bad guy.

The issue is not that an officer was out looking for a child. That's well and good and one of the things we expect the police to do. The issue is that the officer went into a man's private back yard and shot a dog that was doing what a dog is supposed to do - defend its owner's property against strangers coming into its territory. Going into random back yards an officer would have reasonable expectation of encountering a dog or other family pet.

What people get upset about is that the officer took the recourse of using deadly force as his first choice. If he felt threatened he had non-lethal means at his disposal to mitigate the threat but chose to do otherwise.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (16gage, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 3,020 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,617
Posts18,492,642
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.