-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The victim has to be in reasonable fear of his life in order to justify the use of lethal force...

I'd say getting beaten to death during a robbery would easily qualify on that count.

He shot at the perps to stop the beating...the flying bullets were the only factor that stopped the attack.

In a situation like this one you don't want to hesitate, that next doubt in your mind might be your last one.

He showed far too much restraint in my eyes...I would have emptied the pistol.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Old people will shoot a burglar.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=725_1346953264
His commentary on the cops, and how that's "not America," is spot on.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GunReader
A good lawyer ought to be able to get at least a hung jury out of that.

Temporary insanity? Continued fear for his life?

Give an 80 yo man a good beating up and you should expect that he can not make rational decisions for a while and he might still be overcome by a dread fear for his life that he should have recognized had passed but for the mental confusion they caused by beating him up.
Yep.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RickyD
The only thing he should have said to the police was, "lawyer".

^This.

Reminds me of a saying. Never pick a fight with an old guy. He is tired and will just kill you or something to that affect.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Two resons I think California won't prosecute him. One, he's probaby going to be dead of natural causes before the trial, not to mention any appeals. Two, the state doesn't want the extra healthcare expense that incarcerating the old codger requires.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If he'd shot them on ingress or actually during the struggle this would be so much easier. If it turns out he put a couple bullets into the girl's back while they fled outside it gets a lot more complicated. (even if we all agreed the world is better off)

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Calhoun
They've got the accomplice under arrest. The accomplice may be charged with murder since a death occurred during the commission of a felony. DA is reviewing it.

That would be one worth while outcome of this whole sad mess.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
These are the type cases that are chosen as the MSM hype stories.

They are chosen because they ARE controversial, and may have multiple choice answers.

Much like the Zimmerman case and the guy that shot the two burglars in his home, the cases are hard to judge and THAT is why the MSM focuses self defense issues and gun control issues on cases like this.

They don't publicize or promote the case of the young blonde mother that shot 3 retarded, black hoodrats as they were setting fire to her home after killing her husband.... No controversy in a story like that, and it doesn't head down the liberal road they want you to take, emotionally.

This story is about "Pregnant Mother Killed by Evil Gun Owner!" Period.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
one less Obama supporter.....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
These are the type cases that are chosen as the MSM hype stories.

They are chosen because they ARE controversial, and may have multiple choice answers.

Much like the Zimmerman case and the guy that shot the two burglars in his home, the cases are hard to judge and THAT is why the MSM focuses self defense issues and gun control issues on cases like this.

They don't publicize or promote the case of the young blonde mother that shot 3 retarded, black hoodrats as they were setting fire to her home after killing her husband.... No controversy in a story like that, and it doesn't head down the liberal road they want you to take, emotionally.

This story is about "Pregnant Mother Killed by Evil Gun Owner!" Period.

Good point! and evil with a capital E.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the US would be a better place if 80 year olds took out more bad guys.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Coroner just announced that the dead lady was NOT pregnant.

Might calm the hysteria, but still expect him to be charged.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Intruder-Shot-by-Homeowner-Not-Pregnant-268655212.html

Last edited by Calhoun; 07/25/14.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He fired at them inside the house and missed, then followed them outside and fired again while they fled. He lives in California. The only good thing about this situation is that he is 80, so he won't be able to do a lot of time.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Feel for the old boy, but at 80 years of age, go ahead give me life.

stupid [bleep], thieves ought to be shot, so should politicians that pass laws that say you can't shoot a thief

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-calif-man-80-fatally-shot-pregnant-home-intruder/

Cops: Calif. man, 80, fatally shot pregnant home intruder

LONG BEACH, Calif. - Police said a California man fatally shot a woman who he claimed was ransacking his home, reports CBS Los Angeles.

Authorities are investigating whether 80-year-old Tom Greer, of Long Beach, Calif., shot the unidentified woman in self-defense, according to the station.

On Tuesday night, officers responded to a call of shots fired at the home. Greer told police he walked in on a man and a woman going through his things. He said the couple tackled him but that he was able to get his gun and turn it on the woman, CBS Los Angeles reports.

"She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant! I'm going to have a baby!'" Greer told KNBC Wednesday. "And I shot her anyway." He said the couple had been to his home twice before and that he shot the woman twice in the back while the male accomplice ran away.

Investigators would not say whether the shooting occurred inside the home or in the alley behind the house. According to the station, Greer is not under arrest and police are still determining whether or not the homeowner will face charges.

"We're looking into the possibility of someone else being involved, but we don't know just yet," Deputy Chief David Hendricks told the Long Beach Post. "We're just sorting out what happened."

Neighbor George Romero told CBS Los Angeles Greer is a nice man who has been burglarized several times in the past. "I remember the first break-in. They literally tore down the front door," he said. "And that's where I came in and met him. I said, 'Hey, what's going on? You okay?' And ever since then, we've been acquaintances."

Video

Click the link for news video, and interview with 80 year old shooter.....

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1931419

The old man is smart , now he doesn't have to pay child support

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TopCat
The victim has to be in reasonable fear of his life in order to justify the use of lethal force...

I'd say getting beaten to death during a robbery would easily qualify on that count.

He shot at the perps to stop the beating...the flying bullets were the only factor that stopped the attack.

In a situation like this one you don't want to hesitate, that next doubt in your mind might be your last one.

He showed far too much restraint in my eyes...I would have emptied the pistol.

Yes, but then the beating stopped and they fled - he followed them outside and shot her in the back as she was running away. The fact that he was beaten and is 80 may help his case, but if I did that, I'd be charged.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Coroner just announced that the dead lady was NOT pregnant.

Might calm the hysteria, but still expect him to be charged.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Intruder-Shot-by-Homeowner-Not-Pregnant-268655212.html

I found this interesting too....

"The mother of a man charged with murder stemming from the fatal shooting of his alleged accomplice by a homeowner during a Long Beach robbery has been arrested on suspicion of robbery in connection with the case.

Ruby Adams, 49, of Long Beach, was booked into jail on Thursday night, police said Friday. She is the mother of Gus Polly Adams, a suspect in a Tuesday night robbery that ended with his accomplice getting shot by the homeowner."

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I am so sick of every newspaper article leading with the pregnancy angle in an attempt to blame the victim rather than the idiot criminal who put herself in that situation in the first place. Hopefully now that it's shown she was just lying (who'd have thought?) the public scrutiny will die off and the DA will be able to let this one slide.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
she was not only a Thief, but a liar also. Good ridden to both of them , to bad he didn't kill them both

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sort of on the fence...leaning towards the old dumb fart.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,988 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.