Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to be a serious turd in Georgia to be a felon, you have negotiations prior to plea, then the First Offender Act and Conditional Discharge Statute opportunities to avail yourself of.

Then there remains a possibilty of having your record expunged or restricted as they call it now after you successfully complete Parole or Probation..

So yes I don't want Felons in my gun club.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
You have to be a serious turd in Georgia to be a felon, you have negotiations prior to plea, then the First Offender Act and Conditional Discharge Statute opportunities to avail yourself of.

Then there remains a possibilty of having your record expunged or restricted as they call it now after you successfully complete Parole or Probation..

Mike

So you have no probem giving up your right to privacy and giving your gun club/range your social security number, DL number,address, date of birth etc? Since in most states felons cannot own or possess firearms, do you really think they are going to flaunt their guns at a public shooting range where half the members may be leo? Wow lol.

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Would you be OK with a sex offender moving in next door to you after his release (rehabilitation) as well ?

Is this a real question?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would you be OK with a sex offender moving in next door to you after his release (rehabilitation) as well ?

Absolutely...as long as I knew he was a sex offender. I'd much rather have him close where I can keep an eye on him, than watching me and mine from a distance.

I'll tell you a secret: sex offenders are handy people to know. The sex offender community, so to speak, is fairly tightly connected, and having an ear in it can be very helpful when it comes to protecting your own people. Probably you won't want to introduce him to your daughters, though.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by headhunter130
guns clubs, shooting ranges, etc.? What is everyone's opinion?
I believe background checks should be done on all members and if you are a convicted felon, you should not even have a firearm, much less be a member. Just wondering what everyone thinks.

If it is a public range any and everyone should have access.

If it is private the club they should be able to ban anyone for any reason at anytimne.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I asked Travis as I believe he does have children and to your point, it doesn't matter (possibly) whether there are young daughters or sons. Perhaps I've misunderstood his point as to the distinction between "free man" and safe to the public.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I asked Travis as I believe he does have children and to your point, it doesn't matter (possibly) whether there are young daughters or sons.

No. I don't want them living near me or in my community (although I've never lived anywhere they didn't) but if society says they're safe enough to be free, they should be afforded the same rights as everybody else.

Now if you're asking if I think they should be free? No. I don't.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak
...sex offenders are handy people to know...

Jayzus! crazy

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by California_Kid
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Mike

So you have no probem giving up your right to privacy and giving your gun club/range your social security number, DL number,address, date of birth etc? Since in most states felons cannot own or possess firearms, do you really think they are going to flaunt their guns at a public shooting range where half the members may be leo? Wow lol.

No I give my info the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and they tell Probate Court Judge "OK" and they mail me my Concealed Carry Permit. I show the card to the gun club and it's filed along with my application.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And no I don't think most would attempt to join anyway but y'all asked the question about gun clubs.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I asked Travis as I believe he does have children and to your point, it doesn't matter (possibly) whether there are young daughters or sons.

No. I don't want them living near me or in my community (although I've never lived anywhere they didn't) but if society says they're safe enough to be free, they should be afforded the same rights as everybody else.

Now if you're asking if I think they should be free? No. I don't.

Travis

"Society" has no say in their release and we have no way to measure rehabilitation. So my point is not all "free men" should be given the same rights (gun ownership) as you and I if they have a history of violence toward others. If they want o hurt themselves......so be it. Folks with a history of robbery, for example, are released all the time with no intention of changing their behavior and use incarceration to fine hone their skills and network with like minded folks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sure glad I live in Montana and do not have to go through all that crap to shoot at the range.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Range" ? I thought you guys just shot up street signs.............. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Range" ? I thought you guys just shot up street signs.............. grin

They do that too but not so much around here. I haven't seen a shot up sign in a long time.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I asked Travis as I believe he does have children and to your point, it doesn't matter (possibly) whether there are young daughters or sons. Perhaps I've misunderstood his point as to the distinction between "free man" and safe to the public.

Okay, yes, don't introduce them to your sons either.

Sorry, I thought that'd be obvious.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Difference between gun club (private) and Range (public)

We have had convicts take guns to pawn shops and then get new felony charge of possessing firearm by convicted felon laugh

It's not the smartest individuals we are dealing with sometimes.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well our range is a public private range I guess. I purchase a membership, which includes a key to the locked gate, every year. It's a family membership which in my case includes the wife only. We also have 7-day guest passes that allows a guest to go with a full fledged member to the range for up to 7 days.

The range is owned by a non-profit sportsmen's association although the land is leased from the Forest Service.

I have no idea of what this makes us. A public private range, private public range?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

"Society" has no say in their release and we have no way to measure rehabilitation. So my point is not all "free men" should be given the same rights (gun ownership) as you and I if they have a history of violence toward others. If they want o hurt themselves......so be it. Folks with a history of robbery, for example, are released all the time with no intention of changing their behavior and use incarceration to fine hone their skills and network with like minded folks.

Gun control is stupid and ineffective. I don't care what demographic you try to apply it to.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with regards to civil, law abiding citizens who conduct themselves accordingly. At least you are honest about being OK with criminals maintaining weapons so they are free to go about their business as well.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,465
Posts18,471,363
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.