-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Feel free to tell all of the story that you know... not much there, is there?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys - Hate to bust up your little pissing contest but it's getting old. Who gives a rat's ass if steel wool makes freckles anyway when there are perfectly good non-ferrous alternatives that do a better job and, by the way, avoid the whole issue.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Point ceded...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The smell of urine is overwhelming.

That said, SD knows his chit as far as I can determine from more limited experience. I used steel wool just once...

As to the original question, to take a high gloss down some, I use rottenstone and mineral oil or linseed oil, as said.

I am of like opinion with Rost, but really, if they are close enough for "flash" to make a difference, they are close enough to shoot.... much ado about virtually nothing.

I just don't like flash....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
+1000 on what nighthawk said in his post. Seven pages of discussion/debate/argument goes far beyond adequate. People are individuals and have individualized approaches to doing a job. As long as they are satisfied with the result I see no reason they should be browbeaten and derided by SD and others.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
+1000 on what nighthawk said in his post. Seven pages of discussion/debate/argument goes far beyond adequate. People are individuals and have individualized approaches to doing a job. As long as they are satisfied with the result I see no reason they should be browbeaten and derided by SD and others.

So if someone is satisfied with say a 10MOA benchrest rifle he should give advice to someone looking for say a 1MOA hunting rifle?

There are lots of easy fixes for common problems. Perpetuating problems you do not understand and fighting about it is not doing anyone a favor.

Sorry you feel that amounts to derision and browbeating... and you obviously missed prior threads where certain posters proved they should be asking advice rather than giving it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I read the entire seven pages of the thread Mr. SD sir, enough to know that your posture was condescending and bullying in regard those with opinions other than yours. It is well past time that you lighten up and recognize that it takes all kinds to make the world go round. The gunsmithing section of this forum was a place that I enjoyed when folks were more civil with each other. There were seldom posts that ran seven pages long that is before you appointed yourself gunsmithing guru in residence. I did not count your posts in this thread but sufice it to say you have more than adequately contributed your knowledge and opinions regarding the topic at hand. Why is it you feel the need to post ad infinitum? Give it up and move on man, most reasonable posters have long ago done so. You need to recognize that others are entitled to opinions other than yours, that's what diversity is all about. Narrowminded insistence that "it's my way or the highway" is just that, not constructive by any means. Do us all a favor and consider these remarks to be rhetorical. This thread is finis, not just my opinion read what some other posters have said. Nighthawk states it pretty concisely. Besides your reply to him was "point ceded", some reason you cannot honor that?

Last edited by gunswizard; 10/01/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Besides your reply to him was "point ceded", some reason you cannot honor that?"

And you felt the need to continue it because? And not just once? And I ceded his point about better alternatives should have mooted the issue.

But you failed to answer the posed question... Should those advocating for steelwool be giving advice, especially since the advice given by me was simply to test it for themselves?

I demand nothing of anybody looking to finish anything... but I keep suggesting they test it for themselves. If that is browbeating to you, so be it.

And again you fail to grasp history with the folks above.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good night Mr. Sitka Deer, will you please turn out the light? It is long past time this thread should be put to bed. Sweet dreams.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Please don't tell me you stayed up until 1:10AM just to be able to say that!

(I got an excuse- my new roomie here at the rehab therapy torture palace is a wet snoring SOB who is guaranteeing yet another sleepless night for me. I would truly love to stuff a wad of 0000 steel wool in his mouth. Hey! There's a good use for the stuff!)

Thank god my hip replacement recovery has been rapid and I can soon leave.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yet another use for shooting muffs!

Good for you! Seems there can be quite a range in recovery time. The few I've known with hip replacement thought it was the next thing to a miracle.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

"Please, show me a single thing I posted that I was wrong on..."

Art... I think it was my first post here on Campfire.... smile

But it wasn't on stock finish. And I haven't caught you out since (13 years).

But I haven't given up hope.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,514
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.