Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475
I've never ever had any type of vaccination and I am a healthy 63 year old, will be 64 shortly.
I hear that a lot among people who've never had any sort of vaccination, not even in infancy.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmmm. Well this "narrative" might have held some water except that the vaccinations against smallpox and polio went so well. There are folks out there who are abnormally sensitive to just about anything. That is a fact of life. There ar also some who have very very powerful immune systems. Both together represent a rather small portion of humanity so all the others benefit greatly from vaccinations.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by poboy
I've had flu shots for years. I haven't seen
a down side to them.
I've never had a flu shot. I don't see the upside to them..

But that's just me. Well, my sister has never had one either and she's 73 now and healthy as a horse..

Sorry DocR - there's no question you mean the best for us all (well, most of us LOL) and I've had shots in my life for a bunch of other stuff - especially when I got into the Navy (geez, I swear I got 50 shots in 30 days.. laugh )...

My wife gets one every year; she's a nurse and it's required.. BOTH of us had the flu about two years ago and we were BOTH equally sick for about 7-9 days..

It's good to build up some anti-bodies.. smile

I've never ever had any type of vaccination and I am a healthy 63 year old, will be 64 shortly.

jwp, redneck, poboy... if you recall what I wrote in the OP, you'll recall that at no time did I suggest that folks who don't get themselves a flu vaccine are a problem. You're adults, you have the right to make that choice, and I fully support your right to not get a Fluvax.

But that's not what this is about. This thread was started to point out that the anti-vaccine crowd is led by fake scientists and fake experts who play on folks' fears to erode support for mass vaccination programs. The overwhelming evidence & consensus among TRUE experts is that mass vaccination programs work: they reduce mortality and morbidity due to infectious diseases and they do so with exemplary safety.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket
they reduce mortality and morbidity due to infectious diseases and they do so with exemplary safety.
That's an easy record to fake when the medical profession drags its feet when it comes to identifying serious complications as being vaccine related.

When my mom developed Guillain-Barre in reaction to her flu vaccine, the staff neurologist refused to indicate the flu vaccine as the cause. My dad happened to be friends with a top administrator at the hospital (a cardiologist associate), whom he contacted about it. Only then did the staff neurologist agree to indicate that it was a reaction to the flu vaccine. Most folks, however, don't have a close relative who's a doctor with connections at the hospital where they're being treated, so it's a very reasonable conclusion to draw that most bad reactions to flu vaccines go unreported, and thus don't appear on the safety statistics you cite.

Medical professionals are psychologically predisposed against drawing the conclusion that serious medical conditions might be associated with a treatment that they've personally recommended in the past to patients as safe.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's an easy record to fake....

When my mom developed Guillain-Barre in reaction to her flu vaccine....,

That's an easy claim to make considering we can't see her chart.

Not to mention, even in 2010, the last report I've seen on GBS versus the 70's swine flu outbreak, people still don't know the cause of GBS in general, let alone has another statistical anomaly of flu vaccine versus GBS been shown.

Given the isolated spike, some theories hold that the particular strain of flu in question may have been more of a factor than the vaccine.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by poboy
I've had flu shots for years. I haven't seen
a down side to them.
I've never had a flu shot. I don't see the upside to them..

But that's just me. Well, my sister has never had one either and she's 73 now and healthy as a horse..

Sorry DocR - there's no question you mean the best for us all (well, most of us LOL) and I've had shots in my life for a bunch of other stuff - especially when I got into the Navy (geez, I swear I got 50 shots in 30 days.. laugh )...

My wife gets one every year; she's a nurse and it's required.. BOTH of us had the flu about two years ago and we were BOTH equally sick for about 7-9 days..

It's good to build up some anti-bodies.. smile

jwp, redneck, poboy... if you recall what I wrote in the OP, you'll recall that at no time did I suggest that folks who don't get themselves a flu vaccine are a problem. You're adults, you have the right to make that choice, and I fully support your right to not get a Fluvax.

But that's not what this is about. This thread was started to point out that the anti-vaccine crowd is led by fake scientists and fake experts who play on folks' fears to erode support for mass vaccination programs. The overwhelming evidence & consensus among TRUE experts is that mass vaccination programs work: they reduce mortality and morbidity due to infectious diseases and they do so with exemplary safety.

Not disputing what you posted or that vaccines do not serve a purpose for many, which of course they do. I was simply making a statement that I never taken any type of vaccine the same for the majority of my family.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D

Medical professionals are psychologically predisposed against drawing the conclusion that serious medical conditions might be associated with a treatment that they've personally recommended in the past to patients as safe.

Hawk, this is COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT!!!

You have yet to come up with any credible reports/studies/reviews that support your assertions... everything you've EVER cited is personal experience and the occasional piece of junk science from one of the pseudo-science websites you favor.

There is a huge body of credible peer-reviewed evidence supporting the efficacy and safety of vaccines which you are of course completely unable to refute, so you put up a BULLSHIT post like this one. Again.

Aside from a few bad apples here and there, doctors are NOT invested in specific treatments in any real way. For example, we recommended estrogen replacement for menopausal women for years, until the WHI and Nurses Study came out showing links between estrogen supplements and certain cancers, heart disease, and stroke. Most doctors immediately about-faced and stopped prescribing HRT. (As it happens, the WHI and Nurses' Study were both wrong, and both have recanted their previous findings, but you don't read that on the Front Page... after all, any cub reporter knows that if it doesn't bleed, it doesn't lead...)

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Never thought you were disputing, John, and I'm more than pleased to hear of your continued good health. Got any handgun hunting plans for this fall?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Too busy with work and the horses at this time. I may be able to get s bit of hunting in here at home.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You have yet to come up with any credible reports/studies/reviews that support your assertions... everything you've EVER cited is personal experience and the occasional piece of junk science from one of the pseudo-science websites you favor.
Not sure what websites you're referring to, but the statement quoted above bears the authority of the person who composed it, i.e., myself, a holder of a Master's Degree in clinical psychology, as a result of which, I enjoy a certain expert-level of understanding of human motivation.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm [bleep] crying

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
... myself, a holder of a Master's Degree in clinical psychology, as a result of which, I enjoy a certain expert-level of understanding of human motivation.

You're also a holder of a Doctor of Law degree, IIRC, which allows you to enjoy a certain expert-level of understanding of the law.

Tell us, in your capacity as a legal expert, do you think a judge would accept you as an expert witness regarding human motivation based on the mere fact that you have a Masters Degree in clinical psychology?

Or would there have to be something more to your CV before that could ever happen?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure what websites you're referring to, but the statement quoted above bears the authority of the person who composed it, i.e., myself, a holder of a Master's Degree in clinical psychology, as a result of which, I enjoy a certain expert-level of understanding of human motivation.

Classic.

Your an expert.

It's such a [bleep] lay up I tripped on my laces enroute to the basket.

By the way, meet any abortion bombers having their rights trampled lately?

Apparently the masters degree doesn't cover vetting source material.

Like this topic perhaps?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tjm10025
... myself, a holder of a Master's Degree in clinical psychology, as a result of which, I enjoy a certain expert-level of understanding of human motivation.

You're also a holder of a Doctor of Law degree, IIRC, which allows you to enjoy a certain expert-level of understanding of the law.

Tell us, in your capacity as a legal expert, do you think a judge would accept you as an expert witness regarding human motivation based on the mere fact that you have a Masters Degree in clinical psychology?

Or would there have to be something more to your CV before that could ever happen?

I'm thinking if the judge saw a few of the threads he started here he would commit him in a straight jacket

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Classic..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what level of motivation there is for someone that continually posts unsubstantiated [bleep]?

Is there a Masters in Clinical Psychology here that can help me out on that one?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I visit another website (which I won't name, but its name is a little bit like gun breakers...) mostly for laughs. It's a hotbed of conspiracy nuts, anti-vaccine types, and espousers of all things whackjob.

I've tried, but there's no way to convince those mental midgets that vaccines aren't a plot against humanity. It wouldn't bother me that some of them will learn the hard way, but the travesty is that their children may suffer through their parents' idiocy.

I am surprised at you. Don't you know that when administering the flu shot they are secretly placing a small tracking microchip in your body? It then reports home to the mothership.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RWE
I wonder what level of motivation there is for someone that continually posts unsubstantiated [bleep]?

Is there a Masters in Clinical Psychology here that can help me out on that one?

I don't have a masters in Clinical Psychology, nor did I stay at a Holliday Inn last night but i'll take a stab at it

His motivation is that he covets the KOTY award

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

He is also skilled in the arts of war and military tactics.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

He is also skilled in the arts of war and military tactics.

Didn't Longshanks chuck that [bleep] out the window in Braveheart?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

432 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,513
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.