Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by poboy
I've had flu shots for years. I haven't seen
a down side to them.
I've never had a flu shot. I don't see the upside to them..

But that's just me. Well, my sister has never had one either and she's 73 now and healthy as a horse..

Sorry DocR - there's no question you mean the best for us all (well, most of us LOL) and I've had shots in my life for a bunch of other stuff - especially when I got into the Navy (geez, I swear I got 50 shots in 30 days.. laugh )...

My wife gets one every year; she's a nurse and it's required.. BOTH of us had the flu about two years ago and we were BOTH equally sick for about 7-9 days..

It's good to build up some anti-bodies.. smile

I've never ever had any type of vaccination and I am a healthy 63 year old, will be 64 shortly.

jwp, redneck, poboy... if you recall what I wrote in the OP, you'll recall that at no time did I suggest that folks who don't get themselves a flu vaccine are a problem. You're adults, you have the right to make that choice, and I fully support your right to not get a Fluvax.

But that's not what this is about. This thread was started to point out that the anti-vaccine crowd is led by fake scientists and fake experts who play on folks' fears to erode support for mass vaccination programs. The overwhelming evidence & consensus among TRUE experts is that mass vaccination programs work: they reduce mortality and morbidity due to infectious diseases and they do so with exemplary safety.

Not disputing what you posted or that vaccines do not serve a purpose for many, which of course they do. I was simply making a statement that I never taken any type of vaccine the same for the majority of my family.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first