Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by poboy
I've had flu shots for years. I haven't seen
a down side to them.
I've never had a flu shot. I don't see the upside to them..

But that's just me. Well, my sister has never had one either and she's 73 now and healthy as a horse..

Sorry DocR - there's no question you mean the best for us all (well, most of us LOL) and I've had shots in my life for a bunch of other stuff - especially when I got into the Navy (geez, I swear I got 50 shots in 30 days.. laugh )...

My wife gets one every year; she's a nurse and it's required.. BOTH of us had the flu about two years ago and we were BOTH equally sick for about 7-9 days..

It's good to build up some anti-bodies.. smile

I've never ever had any type of vaccination and I am a healthy 63 year old, will be 64 shortly.

jwp, redneck, poboy... if you recall what I wrote in the OP, you'll recall that at no time did I suggest that folks who don't get themselves a flu vaccine are a problem. You're adults, you have the right to make that choice, and I fully support your right to not get a Fluvax.

But that's not what this is about. This thread was started to point out that the anti-vaccine crowd is led by fake scientists and fake experts who play on folks' fears to erode support for mass vaccination programs. The overwhelming evidence & consensus among TRUE experts is that mass vaccination programs work: they reduce mortality and morbidity due to infectious diseases and they do so with exemplary safety.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars