Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
anyone know if those CB shorts will run in a Ruger Mark 2 target pistol???

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GhettoSportsman
anyone know if those CB shorts will run in a Ruger Mark 2 target pistol???

They will not.

A bolt action or Marlin 39 is the way to fly with the CB Shorts. A long barrel on either is preferable to reduce noise.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I doubt the shorts will cycle a semi auto, but you'll be fine in single shot mode.

They are however much louder out of a pistol than a rifle. I've fun cb's out of a variety of 22's over the years, and out of a long barrel they are very quiet.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Damn it! I'm starting to think maybe a claymore is what I need and I'll just have to take my lumps with the law!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a great excuse to go rescue an old single shot from a local pawn shop or similar.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

Now those looks really nice! I'd have to use that out a window in the house!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Just make sure you use something powerful enough and make a good head shot. Nothing brings attention like a wounded cat screaming all over the neighborhood.

Yep.. Use enough gun, and shoot them in the right place. A caterwauling lawn lion doing somersaults across the front yard gets all kinds of unwanted attention.

Like mentioned, the havahart and a 50 gallon drum of water is pretty quiet.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If your really from the ghetto you might put out a bounty of a pack of Kools,and an Old English 40 ounce on the cat.or better yet maybe you'll get lucky and the cat will get shot in a driveby .LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Louder than a CB Short out of a single shot with a long barrel, and less powerful or effective.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Use a live trap. Once you have the offender, drop the trap in a trash can full of water like Pat said. Put the carcass in a heavy garbage bag and and drop it in the freezer till trash day. Problem solved. whistle

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 4ager
Sounds like a great excuse to go rescue an old single shot from a local pawn shop or similar.

That would be nice! Maybe I could do like Steven Seagal and tape a plastic pop bottle to my barrel and save the world! lol

Good Idea though! I have an Encore that shoots minute of barn at 50 yards! Maybe I could trade it in and step UP to an old 22!

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by DeereJohn
If your really from the ghetto you might put out a bounty of a pack of Kools,and an Old English 40 ounce on the cat.or better yet maybe you'll get lucky and the cat will get shot in a driveby .LOL

Heck if I was really in the ghetto I'd be shooting out the window daily and I doubt anyone would notice!

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

Louder than a CB Short out of a single shot with a long barrel, and less powerful or effective.

NO kiddin? Louder than an air rifle! I gotta look for some of thes CB's!!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

I bought a new Gamo. It held 4 in at 20 yds. Booklet said it would take 800 to 1500 shots to blow the grease out and then it would become accurate. Big 5 gave my money back.

I have a .20 Silverstreak that has taken a hundred cats- if you count the nine lives.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by mart
Use a live trap. Once you have the offender, drop the trap in a trash can full of water like Pat said. Put the carcass in a heavy garbage bag and and drop it in the freezer till trash day. Problem solved. whistle

I wish it was that simple! That bastard knows what traps are and stays away from em. He can catch all the food he needs. He's got no reason to get near the trap!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sheridan pellet gun or CCI CB's. Don't buy Remington CBee's if you need quiet, they are much louder than CCI.

Traps will work too, live or spring, I made on from a suitcase that would latch upon closing once. I would just pick up in the morning, toss in the pack of the pickup, and drive away.

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If this tom is as wary as you say you may not be able to get close enough to get it with an air pistol. I suggest you snare him. He will be less wary of a snare than a trap. Dispatch him with hammer handle or hang him with the snare.

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I know a guy that had a problem with a dog once. He told me that the key to getting rid of an animal you don't want around is to shoot it ONE TIME, Very very late at night or Very very early in the morning. ONE SHOT. People may here it, BUT they aren't sure what they heard or where it came from. At least that's what a guy told me. I wouldn't know personally. whistle

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How close are you able to get to him? Within range of a slingshot?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.