Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Harry M Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Executive Order, I have seen it used in the past of course but on issues of a much smaller magnitude than Obama is using them for.

Giving people immunity from the crime they have committed, aka illegal�s, takes it to a higher level of use, so much so I wonder where does it end?

What�s to stop Obama, or any President for that matter, to simply pay no attention to how Congress votes and pass every item on their personal agenda via Executive order?

Where does it end? What are the rules governing Executive Orders as I can�t seem to find any?

What if Obama makes an Executive Order tomorrow banning all guns?

The Supreme Court would back us up....really....what if they don�t?

Obama in the next two years could Executive Order this Country into oblivion?

Am I wrong here but I find myself sitting here thinking WTF is going on?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have entered the Imperial Era.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Harry M

What if Obama makes an Executive Order tomorrow banning all guns?

Well, that would eliminate the guesswork for a lot of people.

I expect the forum would see a few posts on it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get used to it, that's going to become the new norm anytime there is a congress divided from the White House. As time goes on, the two parties work with each other less and less.

Neither side ever wants to compromise on anything anymore. Yet the public still wants stuff done. So the only thing left is executive orders.

This is a failure of our legislature due to the fact that the electorate on both sides will not tolerate a law maker that will ever compromise on anything. Meaning, the voters are to blame. So when we all stood up and said no more compromise, this is the fruit of that labor.

The unintended consequence is we force the President into making more executive orders, and that gives the president even more power.

So either the electorate grows up and comes to the realization that you can't always have it your way, or we grind our government to a halt.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So Kevin, what exactly should our side compromise on?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Grind that schit to halt. Shut it down. Remove funding line by line from every single executive function. Make that sumbitch go to his penny jar for green fees.

The public doesn't want things done, they want things to stop being done...TO THEM.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bummer will not be granting "immunity from a crime" because he denies they have committed a crime. Nothing that costs the government money will be done because the House will defund anything that costs money. This will amount to nothing. Its all aimed at the 2016 presidential elections trying to curry favor with the hispanic vote.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Get used to it, that's going to become the new norm anytime there is a congress divided from the White House. As time goes on, the two parties work with each other less and less.

Neither side ever wants to compromise on anything anymore. Yet the public still wants stuff done. So the only thing left is executive orders.

This is a failure of our legislature due to the fact that the electorate on both sides will not tolerate a law maker that will ever compromise on anything. Meaning, the voters are to blame. So when we all stood up and said no more compromise, this is the fruit of that labor.

The unintended consequence is we force the President into making more executive orders, and that gives the president even more power.

So either the electorate grows up and comes to the realization that you can't always have it your way, or we grind our government to a halt.

There is a third option, and the one that will come to pass. We go from the original Constitutional Republic to a de facto Caesarian empire. That will come to pass. From there, either the empire falls from decay within or splits apart via revolution and outside instigated/initiated war.

Roman history continues to shed more and more light on our present and our future.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Oh, and by the way, compromise is not "Elections have consequences and our side won." Compromise is "Hey, I know you guys hate immigration amnesty, but if you'll send something up on that, I'll cut capital gains taxes and sponsor some real entitlement reform."

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
as i understand it, executive order doesn't mean anything. it's just the president telling congress what he thinks they should do. what he going to do tomorrow is an executive action, which basically tells how the gov is going to enforce existing law. he does have the authority to tell federal employees to basically ignore this law, or that law, but cannot use executive privilege to enact new law in any way.

the way i understand it, he is basically going to tell federal law enforcement to stop enforcing the laws against being here illegally by itself, and instead focus on drug muling, trafficking, gang activity etc by illegals.

i'm not sure how much the status quo is actually going to change. this is all politics, and so is the conservative reaction to it.

we know the existing laws against being here are not being enforced, and haven't been for some time. otherwise, there wouldn't be millions of illegals here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He is saying the same thing he said in 2008. Only now, instead of saying it to government entities behind closed doors, he's saying it publicly.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by 4ager

8Some how you have chosen to look past the history of the use of the Executive Order. Shale we take a closer look?

Hell Ya!

A Reality Check on Executive Orders and the �Dictator Obama� Myth

President Obama has only signed 168 executive orders so far. This compares to 291 executive orders signed by the previous president. In fact, George W. Bush signed more orders in his first four years, 173, than President Obama has signed in just over five.

Read more if you choose!

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/01/a-reality-check-on-executive-orders-and-the-dictator-obama-myth-2/

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
numbers are nice.

can you expound on the exact nature of Bush's executive orders?

Just how dynamic of action were they?

Did any of them really compare to giving a pass on criminal charges to millions of people in the country illegally?

And BTW, GFY.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

8Some how you have chosen to look past the history of the use of the Executive Order. Shale we take a closer look?

Hell Ya!

President Obama has only signed 168 executive orders so far. This compares to 291 executive orders signed by the previous president. In fact, George W. Bush signed more orders in his first four years, 173, than President Obama has signed in just over five.

Read more if you choose!

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/01/a-reality-check-on-executive-orders-and-the-dictator-obama-myth-2/

Yes, there is no difference in an executive order declaring next Thursday a National Gay and Lesbian Pet Day and one granting de facto amnesty to twenty million illegal aliens.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Very well put! The art of governing for the good of the people is all but over on both sides. Compromise has become a dirty word and thus we are here!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Read the link my man. It lays it out nicely.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Oh, and if as I understand it he is order work permits, then the Repubs could kill it with a single speech. They should simply announce that once they gain control, that everyone who received a work permit under this executive action they consider to be illegal will move immediately to the front of the line for deportation and a permanent ban from the United States.

THAT would kill the whole thing instantly. None of the illegals would apply for those work permits. True, it wouldn't do much to help the situation we have now, but it would maintain the status quo because no one would be getting those work permits.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
So Kevin, what exactly should our side compromise on?
Yeah..I'd like to hear that too. And since when has the lefties compromised with the right??

In case you forgot, Kevin, the last 6 years it's been "our way or the highway".. THEY did zero compromising. But now, since they've finally lost their azz and the GOP has both houses, NOW all of a sudden Reid wants to 'compromise'..

My words to Reid = GFY...

Compromise = defeat..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

Hell Ya!

Read more if you choose!

So Bush doing stupid schit by EO gives Obama a pass to do similar stupid schit?

Is that about what you are trying to convey?

Last edited by heavywalker; 11/19/14.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,551
Posts18,472,973
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.