-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why can't we all be left to decide who we will live with, work with, play with, associate with, worship with, poke, as it's really no ones friggin business but our own..

I hate to have this chit shoved on me with no choice in the matter.

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RobJordon
Slavery was common in antiquity. The Bible does not justify chattel slavery as a positive moral good. It recognizes the existence of and tolerates slavery. The Christian case against slavery, based on the bible, is much more compelling than the anecdotal evidence you have mustered of tolerance for a practice common in the old world.

So your position is that God knew Slavery was evil, but decided to tolerate if for 3000 years just because it was "common". If God know slavery was so evil, why not include a simple commandment "Thou shalt not own another human being as property"?

It didn't, it condoned it, which by your own admission is evil, and now you claim there is some tortured excuse proclaiming the Bible doesn't say what it actually says.

I don't know why you are invoking the Bible in a secular discussion about racism. If you want to start a discussion re why you don't believe in the Bible, start a new thread. Not gonna let you hijack this one.

BTW, I take your refusal to respond to my correction of your misrepresentation of Luke as an admission you were wrong.
bwwaaaahha You're the one that invoked the Bible. Personally, I'm a Bible-believing Christian. So I'm not knocking the Bible at all, just advising you of what's in it in a traditional and non-revisionist way.

I believe in taking every man on his own merits...when I know enough about him to know what those are. The problem with all this stuff about good negroes is that it flies in the face of experience. Are there good negroes around? Certainly. Are there a lot of them? Certainly. With 15% of the population being negroid, then that would account for something like 45 million. If only 10% of them are what we'd term "good" then that is a significant number of people. That still leaves enough of them that if I see a bunch of them in hood-rat clothes, shucking and jiving their way down the street towards my family, I am avoiding them if possible. Of course, many here would say that is racism because it is based on color, clothing and superficial behavior. There is a possibility that despite all these things, they are in the "good Negro" category. I know right off though, that 80% of violent crimes are committed by that demographic. I further know that people of that demographic acting and dressing like that make it even more likely that they will cause trouble. IOW, marry your daughter off to OJ if you want, but I will not condone it.

To put it bluntly, you're a crime-enabling, apologistic idiot of Ferguson proportions.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
OH, so now you are saying YOU GOT TROLLED, and somehow it's my fault that I responded to your baseless claims regarding the Bible and Slavery?

By now you should be well aware, I do not let such claims go unanswered, and I will respond when and how I wish, and in the thread of my choosing.

If you don't like my responses, feel free to hit the little red X in the top right hand corner of your browser.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I made no baseless claims about the Bible and slavery. You tried to find away to hijack this thread to mount an attack on the Bible, got called on it and now you're sore.

If you want to attack the Bible. Have at it. All you have to do is start your own thread. Don't blame me if I decline to cooperate with your attempt to hijack this one.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I made no baseless claims about the Bible and slavery. You tried to find away to hijack this thread to mount an attack on the Bible, got called on it and now you're sore.

If you want to attack the Bible. Have at it. All you have to do is start your own thread. Don't blame me if I decline to cooperate with your attempt to hijack this one.

I see your revisionism isn't limited to scripture.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live in a very white community, have all my life.

Due to my very limited dealings with negroes I'm probably far too ignorant on the topic to comment, however the events regarding O.J Simpson, Rodney King, Trayvon Martin, and most recently the events surrounding the thug that robbed the convenience store in Ferguson have had a defining influence regarding how I feel and I will leave it at that...

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Liar. Please show where I initiated a discussion on the Bible and slavery in this thread?

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Liar. Please show where I initiated a discussion on the Bible and slavery in this thread?

Homosexuality is wrong for the same reason chattel slavery and genoicde are wrong. Its not possible to hold to absolute moral principles and condemn slavery (and racial discrimination), for example, without also condemning homosexuality.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/21/14.

T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Phuqe it; were all condemned by our experiences in life. If we were under fire in one of the many wars the last few generations have gone through we'd all be happy with whoever covered our ass, be they black, white, brown, red, yellow or what ever color/race we want to bitch about Want to bitch about a person's skin color, think about the Jeffrey Damers, Son of Sams, Ed Gueins, and other so called holy white folks before you babble about black people being the ultimate evil. If you hate blacks, or other minorities because they are not white holier than thou, that's your opinion; just remember, it's ONLY your opinon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Homosexuality is wrong for the same reason chattel slavery and genoicde are wrong. Its not possible to hold to absolute moral principles and condemn slavery (and racial discrimination), for example, without also condemning homosexuality.

lol

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjk
Phuqe it; were all condemned by our experiences in life. If we were under fire in one of the many wars the last few generations have gone through we'd all be happy with whoever covered our ass, be they black, white, brown, red, yellow or what ever color/race we want to bitch about Want to bitch about a person's skin color, think about the Jeffrey Damers, Son of Sams, Ed Gueins, and other so called holy white folks before you babble about black people being the ultimate evil. If you hate blacks, or other minorities because they are not white holier than thou, that's your opinion; just remember, it's ONLY your opinon.
I don't hate colored folks, nor do I think they're the ultimate evil. I just speak the truth and if by doing so it makes me "holier than thou" or whatever, then that's just how it is.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[/quote]

Well actually Rich,

Kids grow up a product of their environment, its whether their parents were involved or not...

it was said best by one of my son's teachers over here at Hidden Valley High here in the County...." I always see the parents I really don't need to see because their kids are doing fine, but they show up because they are involved...but I never see the parents of the kids I really need to see, because they can't be bothered...."

I pointed out to him, that as a parent I was aware, that 90% of their time is spent on the 10% of the class that is constantly being disruptive, instead of being able to teach the other 90% who want to learn.... His comment was "BINGO! A parent who actually understands it!"

So what I am saying works out right here in JoCo... yeah, we ain't got a lot of blacks, but substitute all the Mexicans, and you end up with the same thing...

Parental involvement or lack of it, makes all the difference...
not money, lack of it, skin color, ethic origin etc... [/quote]

First thing I've agreed with from you. Plenty of white parental freaks in Oregon, plenty of good Mexican families in Oregon would be where I differ...

Charlie

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
and as far as racial labels goes, I prefer the ubiquitous label " ASSHOE"...werks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having introduced the Fire to a negro engaged in growing potatoes I'll remind you to keep an eye on Ferguson, MO over the next few days.. See how many potato farmers are there. Mind if I remind you the day it happens?

Reality check time.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Except for that part where the Bible condones slavery:

You and I are on the same page so often when it comes to the Bible. It says what It says. Why do these "Christians" deny parts of God's Word? They create a god in their own image rather than accept the God of the Bible.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

Except for that part where the Bible condones slavery:

You and I are on the same page so often when it comes to the Bible. It says what It says. Why do these "Christians" deny parts of God's Word? They create a god in their own image rather than accept the God of the Bible.

Words have meaning, and the text says what it says.

Now if we can just get the liberals to understand that about the Constitution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lets see how many white kids are out rioting, destroying, looting when a black cop shoots a white thug.

True that, in England they only do it after football matches grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Lets see how many white kids are out rioting, destroying, looting when a black cop shoots a white thug.

True that, in England they only do it after football matches grin

...and IIRC, six Black folks who saw Michael Brown get shot gave pivotal eyewitness testimony to the Grand Jury absolving the Police Officer of wrongdoing.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The way I heard it, after we all croak and depart this mortal coil, God will judge us one at a time, on our own merits.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GeoW
Short answer.. Pit Bulls and Golden Retrievers are both breeds of dogs...

Any differences between the two? Both are dogs. Do you think one breed is born with a trait to kill and the other not? Or do you believe one has to train a Pit Bull to do what he does?

They are born the way they are.

I've always been a firm believer on Dogs, that no matter how much thoroughbred papers or breed they have, they are all still mutts on the inside...

if they can't play with it, piss on it, eat it or screw it, they haven't got much use for it... grin

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (1OntarioJim, 41rem, 16penny, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,421 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,103
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.