Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
most anarchists believe they're libertarians.

SPOT ON.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 257wby
In reading the stop light thread I was wondering if there was ever a reason to give consent to have your vehicle voluntarily searched. What could be the downside of making the Leo produce a search warrant outlining what exactly they were looking for?

I'm not trying to bash cops but truly curious about what possible benefit it could be to me to consent to a search?

If you are driving commercial then consent or go to jail. Any officer, ant time, no cause needed. Get your CDL and you become a sub form of human filth whit no rights.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll concede 257 Wby's point: I have never been asked. Hell, I've only been stopped once in the half century since I was 16. And that cop noted the concealed carry notation on my license, told me to be a little more aware of the speed limit (I think I was 12 mph over on a strange road) and waved me on.

If I were stopped and asked, it would probably depend on how much of that day I was willing to lose.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
This site (24hourcampfire) seems to be getting more and more paranoid and anti-establishment types on it every year - thats NOT a good thing and is quite puzzling to me.
That is because there is thin line between anarchy and libertarianism and unfortunately, most anarchists believe they're libertarians.

Never been asked for a search, but would never consent. I have nothing to hide, but they also have no reason to remotely suspect me of anything. My rap sheet consists of exactly 1 speeding ticket in the last several decades. So consenting would have absolutely zero benefit for me, and they'd probably manage to find my lost Mepps and then need a tetanus shot.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Never. No searches without a valid warrant.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
4321:
He likes the ACOG quite a bit. I had a little tomfoolery in getting it shipped his way, but that's USPS. The seller is a stand-up guy, despite his views on fitness grin

Now if I could only convince his wife to be a republican....

smile Whatever you are doing appears to be working for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The SCOTUS has ruled that a warrant isn't needed for a vehicle, just consent or probable cause.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
257wby Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If probable cause is all that's needed, then why ask for permission?

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because you don't have probable cause.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

I admit that I go out of my way of recent to buy non-registered firearms (obama and holder proof) as opposed to 4473'ed guns but that is not paranoia nor is it a crime!

If you are not a criminal then what possible harm would befall you if you allowed a search of yourself, your vehicle or your home?
Paranoia runs deep

You go out of your way to buy non-registered firearms. That isn't paranoia nor a crime, Okay.
(**See Second Amendment)

A law abiding citizen taking exception to having their private property searched for no other reason than they can be searched, is neither paranoia nor a crime either.
(**See Fourth Amendment)

What's good for the goose...

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
PC has to be identified prior to the search?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Because you don't have probable cause.

Right, and sometimes we ask for consent, even when we have probable cause, just for the dialog.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
PC has to be identified prior to the search?

Yes, unless it's consensual.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If probable cause is all that's needed, then why ask for permission?

Cause trying to invent new and entertaining "probable causes" makes their heads hurt? grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
257wby Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ok that makes sense. So you give the driver a form outlining the reason for probable cause and the specifics of what you're looking for?

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't care but I'd insist on retaining control of any donuts that might be on board.

And they'd have to promise not to spill my beer.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 12/16/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In reading the stop light thread I was wondering if there was ever a reason to give consent to have your vehicle voluntarily searched. What could be the downside of making the Leo produce a search warrant outlining what exactly they were looking for?

I'm not trying to bash cops but truly curious about what possible benefit it could be to me to consent to a search?

I say always demand a search warrant. Without a search warrant they could always plant evidence to entrap you. Never assume the cops are your friend. Cops always serve their master, the State.

Flame away!!!!!!

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ok that makes sense. So you give the driver a form outlining the reason for probable cause and the specifics of what you're looking for?

No, when we have probable cause, we remove them from the vehicle and search. I don't know about other agencies, but we usually have the driver sign a form when consent is given, just in case the recorders don't work. (Which is often.)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The SCOTUS has ruled that a warrant isn't needed for a vehicle, just consent or probable cause.

Okay, I don't consent and you don't have probable cause. Now what?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude

I say always demand a search warrant. Without a search warrant they could always plant evidence to entrap you. Never assume the cops are your friend. Cops always serve their master, the State.

Flame away!!!!!!

No flame...but there is never need to obtain a search warrant on a vehicle that is currently being operated.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 28 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,191
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.