Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Fist cop, "Who gave you the best blow job you ever had?"

Second cop, "Some ass pirate named Sherp."

Why don't you view police the way they want to be viewed?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I cannot fix in 15 minutes ,what you screwed up for 15 years!Referring to parents who call for their screwed up kids and expect us to fix them! Failure to parent should be a crime! If you do not like us, or want us, just call someone else when things go south and your are in a jam!

Great idea, but of course that shouldn't apply to police officers.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rman-ware-justin-collison-jerry-hargrett

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rost495,

The FJ is great. That game warden was John Leliew in Karnes County by the way. Lenz Hall Road.

Funny part is we had all heard stories about Johns 440 Plymouth and 140 plus runs. We ended up with that car after they put in him a truck. It was the Game Warden car and the engine was rebuilt and ended up in my 67 Satellite in the early 90's.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Aah men to that!!!! I've found over the years that 99.9% of the time it all depends on the attitude you take when you have that discussion with the officer as to whether you get a ticket or a warning. Been there, done that and have walked away without the ticket all because of my attitude toward the officer.

Ass kissing only works with EXACTLY the kind of person who has no business with a badge.

No "ASS KISSING" here, just dealing with the situation at hand as I'm generally guilty of committing the offense in question. There is no need to be offensive to the officer, he's just doing his job, so why should I complicate the situation.

Telemarketers are just doing their job as well..... but they interfere with your life.

Are you nice and polite to them?

I am. Tell em thanks for their time, not interested and then say good bye and hang up.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by UPhiker
First, let me say that I haven't had a ticket in over 30 years. I work in a large gunshop that has a contract with the county sheriff department so that they can spend their firearm/equipment vouchers with us. Most of them are arses. They treat the employees the same way they treat criminals-like schit. 90% of them have the us vs them mentality and act like high school jocks.

Man 90%. Maybe its Michigan folks in general?

Actually I am thinking its possible it could be city LEO in a big city with an attitude. I've been out of a big city for most of my adult life so I don't really have run ins with them. The ones I do know that work for big cities are good as gold folks and gun nuts to boot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 007FJ
rost495,

The FJ is great. That game warden was John Leliew in Karnes County by the way. Lenz Hall Road.

Funny part is we had all heard stories about Johns 440 Plymouth and 140 plus runs. We ended up with that car after they put in him a truck. It was the Game Warden car and the engine was rebuilt and ended up in my 67 Satellite in the early 90's.

Do as I say. Not as I do. LOL, tahts a good story. Odds are he'd have run you off once in the day, and warned you not to get caught again... around here the kids always got a warning or two... but you better listen.
These days the liability is so high you can't afford to warn, from what I hear...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Sam, I have never talked like that to anyone that didn't start the exchange by being a complete asshat and continuing until my patience was gone.

I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those.

Ed

oh I know that Ed. This is more in line with 'shop talk', things that those in the profession might share amongst themselves, humor that comes out of stressful occupations.
Nothing personal intended, from my point of view. I'm on the other end of the police/citizen continuum. laugh

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Sam, I have never talked like that to anyone that didn't start the exchange by being a complete asshat and continuing until my patience was gone.

I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those.

Ed

oh I know that Ed. This is more in line with 'shop talk', things that those in the profession might share amongst themselves, humor that comes out of stressful occupations.
Nothing personal intended, from my point of view. I'm on the other end of the police/citizen continuum. laugh

Yeah, just be glad that only police are effectively ok'd to use force against someone who doesn't give them the respect they want. Imagine the bloodbath that would ensue if service industry folks had that leeway.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by UPhiker
First, let me say that I haven't had a ticket in over 30 years. I work in a large gunshop that has a contract with the county sheriff department so that they can spend their firearm/equipment vouchers with us. Most of them are arses. They treat the employees the same way they treat criminals-like schit. 90% of them have the us vs them mentality and act like high school jocks.

Man 90%. Maybe its Michigan folks in general?

Actually I am thinking its possible it could be city LEO in a big city with an attitude. I've been out of a big city for most of my adult life so I don't really have run ins with them. The ones I do know that work for big cities are good as gold folks and gun nuts to boot.

I think the deputies here did every bit as good as any big city PD, from start to finish.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-toddler-injured-swat-grenade-faces-1m-medical/story?id=27671521

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those. Ed

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
It's really too bad that there IS that continuum.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (cops) don't live with that in the forefront of our minds and treat everyone as a criminal, we get the divide we have.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (as citizens) don't hold our individual agencies accountable AT THE SOURCE then we get the divide we have.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those. Ed

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
It's really too bad that there IS that continuum.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (cops) don't live with that in the forefront of our minds and treat everyone as a criminal, we get the divide we have.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (as citizens) don't hold our individual agencies accountable AT THE SOURCE then we get the divide we have.

Ed

Yep, it is all the fault of civilians, not police officers. If a police officer gets convicted of something despite the efforts of their fellow officers, prosecutors, and judges, then 10 civilians should be chosen at random to serve the sentence.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 007FJ
rost495,

Do as I say. Not as I do. LOL, tahts a good story. Odds are he'd have run you off once in the day, and warned you not to get caught again... around here the kids always got a warning or two... but you better listen.
These days the liability is so high you can't afford to warn, from what I hear...

A Deputy pulled me over one time back in high school. I wasn't drunk but had three or four beers over 4 plus hours at a dance in Panna Maria. Parked my car at the Pizza Hut in Kenedy. He had me ride around and shoot the breeze with him for about 4 hours. Took me back to my car and said to get home. I did for a few reasons, one being it was after my curfew from mom. Thanks to lawyers, civil suits and a general lack of common sense on all parties at all levels, I could never see that happening these days.

They don't make them like that anymore. RIP Rudy

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I say this to chitty cops...
"Go ahead, be a d1ck. One night your gonna run up on someone who has no respect for that tin star and who has no qualms about handing you your ass. And when John Q Public rolls by, he's gonna either help you out or keep rolling. And that's dependent upon the worst of your ranks"

[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ringworm
"Go ahead, be a d1ck. One night your gonna run up on someone who has no respect for that tin star and who has no qualms about handing you your ass. And when John Q Public rolls by, he's gonna either help you out or keep rolling. And that's dependent upon the worst of your ranks"

See my earlier post;

"Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (cops) don't live with that in the forefront of our minds and treat everyone as a criminal, we get the divide we have."

You're exactly right.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One time I was pulling over a Hummer and got on the radio, called out my location and then whispered into the mic, "MMMMMM......I'm getting a hummer......"

So there's a cop quote for ya.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure miss 1960 hunter 's additions to these topics...
God rest his soul.
Differences or no, better'n later coming distractions.

Shrepk, you might be an interesting fellow a few more
years wisdom and insight under belt.

Gotta earn it, like any good cop or any good citizen.

Earn... see ?

Borish don't earn respect.

T'ain't nothin' free.

Sit up strait in class. Important things been said in
this thread.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ringworm

[Linked Image]

John Q here will stop regardless of best or worse. Heck I stop to help folks that I don't even know, so would have no clue if they were good or bad.... to start with.

Of course once again it can be a country thing vs a city thing.

We get help offers at almost any fire or ems call we go to. Police need only ask as there are always folks around. And we stop for wrecks and such even if not called to, just to check on the well being of everyone.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Fist cop, "Who gave you the best blow job you ever had?"

Second cop, "Some ass pirate named Sherp the Twerp."

Fixt it...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,408
Posts18,470,229
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.