Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I should add, the solution is to ask for the Holy Spirit. With it, you will get what you lack.

Not lacking on this end. Take your own advice, perhaps?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Because all that schit ain't nearly as important or as personal.

I don't discuss my wife, nor my family life with her, or my kids, or the rest of my family. I don't bring another man's family into things unless he brings them in himself, nor do I bring in his religious beliefs unless he does it.

Agreed. It 'is' important and personal...for many.

But it's a thread 'about' religious beliefs, and you participate on other threads about religious beliefs too. I'm just tryin' to understand where you're comin' from, as you don't seem to mind discussing other people's religious beliefs, just not your own...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You're only making yourself look all the more small and petty, and that's a damned shame. You're a good man, and prior to this I'd thought much more highly of you.

How I look is not too much a concern at the moment. I have tried to be faithful to tell what I know. Hopefully that's why you say I'm a good man. Otherwise, if you think I'm a good man, you'd be wrong. I know my tendencies better than you do! shocked
Don't misunderstand me, I'm proud, and think highly of myself, more than I should. That's my cross to bear, and I hate it. But I see what a wretch I am w/o God helping me. I fail, I try, I fail, I kill Christ on the cross again, every day, all by myself. I don't have to try hard to remember 33 years living as I liked to know what I was. Why God would offer me anything is a great mystery. There are certainly more deserving people in the world. Kind people, generous people, gentle people. He loves me, that's my only answer. But why?

Because Jesus made it possible for Him to look away from my horrible, sinful nature and embrace me, since I first embraced Jesus' completed work on the cross on my behalf.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers

I don't discuss my wife, nor my family life with her, or my kids, or the rest of my family. I don't bring another man's family into things unless he brings them in himself, nor do I bring in his religious beliefs unless he does it.

Agreed. It 'is' important and personal...for many.

But it's a thread 'about' religious beliefs, and you participate on other threads about religious beliefs too. I'm just tryin' to understand where you're comin' from, as you don't seem to mind discussing other people's religious beliefs, just not your own...?

I have only asked questions about what another has put out there themselves in the first place. If they don't want something questioned, they probably ought not make it public.

My dear departed friend Mickey Coleman was one of the most devout, honest Christian men I've ever known. I never, once, saw him evangelize about his faith, but you knew it was there. To him, it was personal and it was sacred. The only thing that mattered to him was his relationship with God. I respected that, and we talked about it on more than a few occasions. There are several others here who are good friends and who share a lot in Mickey's traits on this. We've had numerous religious and philosophical discussions; each asking questions but none evangelizing. They also don't preach here and put their faith on display like some peacock with painted feathers covering up a common chicken's ass, either.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're only making yourself look all the more small and petty, and that's a damned shame. You're a good man, and prior to this I'd thought much more highly of you.

How I look is not too much a concern at the moment. I have tried to be faithful to tell what I know. Hopefully that's why you say I'm a good man. Otherwise, if you think I'm a good man, you'd be wrong. I know my tendencies better than you do! shocked
Don't misunderstand me, I'm proud, and think highly of myself, more than I should. That's my cross to bear, and I hate it. But I see what a wretch I am w/o God helping me. I fail, I try, I fail, I kill Christ on the cross again, every day, all by myself. I don't have to try hard to remember 33 years living as I liked to know what I was. Why God would offer me anything is a great mystery. There are certainly more deserving people in the world. Kind people, generous people, gentle people. He loves me, that's my only answer. But why?

Because Jesus made it possible for Him to look away from my horrible, sinful nature and embrace me, since I first embraced Jesus' completed work on the cross on my behalf.

Honest advice: get over yourself.

That's not an insult. Look at what you wrote and how and where you put all the emphasis. You do nothing, every day, except think about you. Get over yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
common chicken's ass

That's an accurate description. I'll own that. I offer you nothing good of myself. Any word from me is just an argument waiting to happen. If you want to talk Savage 99's I can maybe help you, but that's about it.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Honest advice: get over yourself.

That's not an insult. Look at what you wrote and how and where you put all the emphasis. You do nothing, every day, except think about you. Get over yourself.

Whoa fella!! When you force someone to explain themselves don't you think you should expect to hear their perspective? After all, that's what you're screaming for!!!

This is why I quote scripture. Take it up with God and leave me out of it.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
common chicken's ass

That's an accurate description. I'll own that. I offer you nothing good of myself. Any word from me is just an argument waiting to happen. If you want to talk Savage 99's I can maybe help you, but that's about it.

Your's is not the only feathered ass around here.

Quit playing victim and get over yourself. Really. If your relationship with God is all about not being worthy and how you fail constantly, that schit ain't healthy and that's no relationship with anyone or anything worth having, and it damn sure ain't anything like a healthy relationship with God that I've witnessed before. I guarantee you Mickey wasn't like that with God, nor are many others.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Quit playing victim and get over yourself. Really. If your relationship with God is all about not being worthy and how you fail constantly, that schit ain't healthy and that's no relationship with anyone or anything worth having, and it damn sure ain't anything like a healthy relationship with God that I've witnessed before. I guarantee you Mickey wasn't like that with God, nor are many others.

I talk about scripture, you're mad about that. Someone asks about your beliefs, you're not down with that. I finally address your questions by explaining myself, you tell me to get over myself, that my focus is on me. I say fine, i'm a chickens ass, you're still bitching.

Go figure.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You missed the point. Completely.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not missing the big picture. Which brings me full circle to a bunch of scriptures I quoted earlier, but that would be a complete waste of time to regurgitate. Let's try this one instead-

Matthew 7:6

Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

See what I mean about the Bible having so many answers to life's difficult situations? If only everyone read it.

LOL
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
[ uke 11:5-10 ESV / 34 helpful votes

And he said to them, “Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves, for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and he will answer from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up and give you anything’? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his impudence he will rise and give him whatever he needs. And

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think questions are good.

Some folks here feel it's OK for them to voice their opinions on, and express their own beliefs, regarding 'religion' and/or their relationship with God. It doesn't 'always' mean they're 'evangelizing' or 'preaching' or putting their faith on display. They're simply voicing their opinion and expressing their beliefs on this particular issue...in the same way that we all voice our opinions and express our beliefs on all of the other 'issues' that we discuss here. If someone voices their opinion and expresses their beliefs on slavery or politics...it's OK, even though others might disagree with their 'stance' on the issue. But it seems to be 'different' for many here when the 'issue' being discussed is religion or people's personal religious beliefs and/or opinions. It seems as though it's OK to discuss anything here...anything...'except' people's feelings and beliefs regarding God, or their perception of Him, or their relationship with Him.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh the irony.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Lies.

Is it your business why I am selling off guns? No.

Did you send me a private message asking about my personal reasons for doing it? yes.

And was I open and forthright with you, a complete stranger, about my personal reasons for doing that? Yes

So you can hide your personal life, but be prepared to be called a hypocrite for it. In this case, you are lying.

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/04/15.

LOL
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I may be wrong but I do no think anyone on either side of this issue will convince the other side they are correct.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antlers
I think questions are good.

Some folks here feel it's OK for them to voice their opinions on, and express their own beliefs, regarding 'religion' and/or their relationship with God. It doesn't 'always' mean they're 'evangelizing' or 'preaching' or putting their faith on display. They're simply voicing their opinion and expressing their beliefs on this particular issue...in the same way that we all voice our opinions and express our beliefs on all of the other 'issues' that we discuss here. If someone voices their opinion and expresses their beliefs on slavery or politics...it's OK, even though others might disagree with their 'stance' on the issue. But it seems to be 'different' for many here when the 'issue' being discussed is religion or people's personal religious beliefs and/or opinions. It seems as though it's OK to discuss anything here...anything...'except' people's feelings and beliefs regarding God, or their perception of Him, or their relationship with Him.

This^^^.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Lies.

Is it your business why I am selling off guns? No.

Did you send me a private message asking about my personal reasons for doing it? yes.

And was I open and forthright with you, a complete stranger, about my personal reasons for doing that? Yes

So you can hide your personal life, but be prepared to be called a hypocrite for it. In this case, you are lying.

If you didn't like the question, you didn't have to answer. I asked that out of concern.

Now, this is twice you have called me a liar without basis and being completely off base.

Someone asked the question, and I gave them the answer. I didn't bring it up, and I won't, and I don't have to answer the question any differently. You could have chosen to say "it's personal and I would rather not discuss it", and that would have been your choice. You chose not do to do so.

There's no hypocrisy there, and there are no lies there.

You're completely bent out of shape because you missed the point of what I was saying, and you're uncomfortable with questions about topics that YOU brought up and brought out. From this, you accuse, false, another of lying, of being at war with God, and of a myriad other things.

Tell me again how that aligns with the faith you profess?

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by dawggone
I may be wrong but I do no think anyone on either side of this issue will convince the other side they are correct.

Sometimes people learn something they didnt know by reading something posted by another, even if it is scripture they dont remember or never read.

None are forced to read it, but if it is helpful to someone it was worth it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I say fine, i'm a chickens ass, you're still bitching.

Nice language from a 'thumper.

You religious types never fail to make me laugh at you.

Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 50 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,235
Posts18,504,442
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.