~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Looks like, since there are some discrepancies about the rules, we will have to go 'all the way to the top', for clarification.
Yep, we're going 'straight to the top', not going to fool around with any of the pions. Gonna ask Mrs Barbara to be the moderator and make a ruling.grin

I keep forgetting to tell y'all, Mrs. Barbara said that she would be proud to be the Moderator, but that y'all have to keep in mind that she has whips AND spurs and knows how to use them. shocked eek laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Mrs. Barbara said that she would be proud to be the Moderator, but that y'all have to keep in mind that she has whips AND spurs and knows how to use them. shocked eek laugh
Ed

Will that make her a Moderator or a Regulator??? East Texas??
Feud between old codgers?? Am I missing something dangerous in here?
Should I stay away or bring my kids to see history replayed by those who participated in its making? whistle
BAM!

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Bring the kids, Pablo! I've never seen two grown(?) men shooting at each other with slingshots and ping pong balls, so it's going to be a new experience for me, too. grin

Mrs. Barbara is Moderator, Regulator, and Empress Of The Known Universe (on some subjects). laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
We brainstormed and decided we should get a remote controlled car, mount a target holder on it, and use it for our charging dangerous game shoot. grin Now, survivability of the vehicle may be problematic, is the only concern I have...Have we started a list yet of who's bringing what?

We have not. First, here is a list of those who have said that they are most likely attending (in no particular order except how my brain sifted them out);

Milespatton
RIO7
Oldman03 & Boss
'Bout Half Cocked
ldholton
gunner500
Texczech & Kelley
DLALLDER & Wife
Wtxj
dennisinaz
Kristy80 & family
Velvet Tines & Co
tex n cal
labarr
curdog4570 & Peggy
kaywoodie
Sponxx & Family
TDD4570
OSUSig
Seafire
Birdwatcher
My daughter, Heather, & grandson, Hunter

There are a couple of more "tentatives" who won't know until 48-72 hours before the weekend if they are coming.

Next post will be the menu items and who we have (so far) bringing what.

Ed

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Ed is the pd shoot any gun and how far?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Here is the list showing what we have coming so far and who has volunteered to bring it;

Milespatton - Bacon, 1 large can coffee, coffee pot, frozen french fries, George Dickel grin , maybe more as needed.

RIO7 - Steaks for Saturday Supper

Oldman03 & Boss - Crawfish Boil for Saturday Lunch

Bout Half Cocked -

ldholton -

gunner500 -

Texczech & Kelley -

DLALLDER & Wife -

Wtxj - Eggs for breakfast for Saturday & Sunday, 108 eggs, Hot sauce of some sort, need 2 assistant's out of the below group to help, becky creek whiskey

dennisinaz -

Kristy80 & family -

Velvet Tines & Co - Sausage(s)?

tex n cal -

labarr -

curdog4570 & Peggy -

kaywoodie -

Sponxx & Family - Pisco Sours for Saturday Evening

TDD4570 -

OSUSig -

Seafire -

Birdwatcher -

My daughter, Heather, & grandson, Hunter -

There are a couple of more "tentatives" who won't know until 48-72 hours before the weekend if they are coming.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 04/09/15.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Texczech
Ed is the pd shoot any gun and how far?

200 yards, one shot, cold bore, your choice of rifle, sights, caliber, and shooting position. Most shoot from a benchrest. Closest shot to the center of the orange dot on the PD silhouette wins. Ties will be decided by a shoot-off.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the list showing what we have coming so far and who has volunteered to bring it;

Milespatton -Bacon, 1 large can coffee, coffee pot, frozen french fries, George Dickel grin, maybe more as needed.

Bout Half Cocked -

ldholton -

gunner500 -

Texczech & Kelley -

DLALLDER & Wife -

Wtxj - Eggs for breakfast for Saturday & Sunday

dennisinaz -

Kristy80 & family -

tex n cal -

labarr -

curdog4570 & Peggy -

kaywoodie -

TDD4570 -

OSUSig -

Seafire -

Birdwatcher -

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Milespatton -

Bout Half Cocked -

ldholton -

gunner500 -

Texczech & Kelley -

DLALLDER & Wife -

Wtxj - Eggs for breakfast for Saturday & Sunday, 108 eggs, Hot sauce of some sort, need 2 assistant's out of the below group to help, becky creek whiskey

dennisinaz -

Kristy80 & family -

tex n cal -

labarr -

curdog4570 & Peggy -

kaywoodie -

TDD4570 -

OSUSig -

Seafire -

Birdwatcher -

Ed

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Miles and Gordon, changes noted and post above duly edited. :-)

Ed

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks Ed. I must have missed it through the pages.

By the way,I haven't been able to put the gift you gave me last year to use. Maybe somebody at the gathering could use it. I'll bring it and see. Oh it's Kevin and Terri.

Have you decided what needs to be brought?

Oh it's Kevin and Terri.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Feeling the dang vise tighten. mad hope I can shake loose Ed.

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
You ain't that far from here. I'll just kidnap you and demand a ransom. We can split it. grin

Ed

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'll bring what's ever suggested. It will be nice to attend one and not be heading it up crazy

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You ain't that far from here. I'll just kidnap you and demand a ransom. We can split it. grin

Ed

I fear I may be summoned 180 degrees from Tejas. mad

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
Ed
I fear I may be summoned 180 degrees from Tejas. mad

You're going to Southern California? eek

Ed

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Ed

That won't work, Wifey will send you repeated large sums of money to keep me. grin

Trump Won!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Can I please beg the timing rather than sort my way through the thread. I am home on Sunday retired with nary a thought... Middle boy is schooling in Tyler so a combo trip is perfect.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's that time again! We've all forgotten about the miserable weather from last year and pray for a bit warmer weather this year!

We are looking to have the Gathering at our place again, just west of the big city of Gilmer, TX, but a bit later in April due to scheduling conflicts here.

Looks like the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, April 24, 25, and 26 will be the dates.

I am hoping that everyone who was here last year can make it again and those who couldn't make it, will be able to join us!

There will be eating, drinking, lie telling, singing (if I can get curdog4570 to bring his guitar whistle ) rifle, handgun, and shotgun shooting, bullshooting (different from lying wink ), fishing, archery, and a snipe hunt.

We can shoot out to 350 yards and will have several shooting contests set up.

The Prairie Dog Shoot will be featured, any rifle, any caliber, any sights or optics, any position, one shot, cold bore at a 1/2" orange dot on a life-size silhouette of a prairie dog at 200 yards. Closest to the center of the dot wins. Ties will be decided by a shoot-off.

Last year, we had planned on a military rifle shoot, traditional archery shoot, an Elk Shoot, and a pistol duel (using a dueling tree, not each other! eek grin )but we got weathered out. Those are options again as well as any other suggestions y'all might have.

Oh, we HAVE to have a BPCR shoot! grin ( I think I'll drop a hammer on sharpsguy's hands a couple of times to handicap him. Accidently, of course. whistle grin )

Kids are welcome as this is a family affair. There is plenty of camping spots available, a couple of beds inside the "Barn House", and hotels in Gilmer, roughly 15 miles away if that's your idea of "roughing it". grin

I expect most folks to come in on Friday, the 24th, and most folks stay until Sunday afternoon.

Once we have an idea of how many folks can come, we will start looking seriously at the menus and accoutrements.

We had a great time last year and I think this year will be even better! I hope y'all can make it!

Ed

Here you go ED #2
Welcome home

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 1minute, 69 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,787
Posts18,515,869
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.