Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
It's that time again! We've all forgotten about the miserable weather from last year and pray for a bit warmer weather this year!

We are looking to have the Gathering at our place again, just west of the big city of Gilmer, TX, but a bit later in April due to scheduling conflicts here.

Looks like the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, April 24, 25, and 26 will be the dates.

I am hoping that everyone who was here last year can make it again and those who couldn't make it, will be able to join us!

There will be eating, drinking, lie telling, singing (if I can get curdog4570 to bring his guitar whistle ) rifle, handgun, and shotgun shooting, bullshooting (different from lying wink ), fishing, archery, and a snipe hunt.

We can shoot out to 350 yards and will have several shooting contests set up.

The Prairie Dog Shoot will be featured, any rifle, any caliber, any sights or optics, any position, one shot, cold bore at a 1/2" orange dot on a life-size silhouette of a prairie dog at 200 yards. Closest to the center of the dot wins. Ties will be decided by a shoot-off.

Last year, we had planned on a military rifle shoot, traditional archery shoot, an Elk Shoot, and a pistol duel (using a dueling tree, not each other! eek grin )but we got weathered out. Those are options again as well as any other suggestions y'all might have.

Oh, we HAVE to have a BPCR shoot! grin ( I think I'll drop a hammer on sharpsguy's hands a couple of times to handicap him. Accidently, of course. whistle grin )

Kids are welcome as this is a family affair. There is plenty of camping spots available, a couple of beds inside the "Barn House", and hotels in Gilmer, roughly 15 miles away if that's your idea of "roughing it". grin

I expect most folks to come in on Friday, the 24th, and most folks stay until Sunday afternoon.

Once we have an idea of how many folks can come, we will start looking seriously at the menus and accoutrements.

We had a great time last year and I think this year will be even better! I hope y'all can make it!

Ed

Here you go ED #2
Welcome home

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~