Originally Posted by Wtxj
Well on the PDS I would like each person to shoot their own rifle only. Military sounds good, except Bob would win that one.
How about a Sharps at 200 shoot off. 8" steel, hit it you get to continue. Pistol at 100 yards, min. bore of 41 and up.
None I can win but it will be fun watching. Yes and shooting.

Thanks, Gordon!

200 yards at an 8" gong with barrel sights on a Sharps is a chip shot. I know of several Shiloh Sharps that will be there and all are 1/2 moa guns. Gonna have to come up with something that is more challenging. grin

As to the PDS, the fellow who took 3rd place last spring did so with a borrowed rifle because he didn't have one, so I'm kinda leaning towards allowing folks to borrow one.
We can put a little "group-loosening solvent" in Bob's coffee to help there, but if Blue shows up, I ain't gonna be the one to doctor his coffee! eek
As to the pistol shooting, Paladin, curdog4570, Blue, and a couple of others would make us move it out to 200 yards + just to keep it sporting! Them boys can shoot!

If we do have a military rifle shoot, we need some guidance such as any era, any sights, any caliber, and course of fire.

What say you guys? We need some help here!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell