Originally Posted by labarr
Hi, Guys. Have been a bit out of pocket but watching and anticipating the gathering in East Texas. It will probably be 110F, you know, so on the average, we will be just right.

Leonard, It's good to see you chime in. I was beginning to think you weren't interested. grin

I am fervently hoping it wont be above the normal 80F in the daytime, and no lower than the normal 55F at night. The way this year has been going so far, we're running about 5F above "normal", so it still shouldn't be too bad.

I have fired literally thousands of rounds of rifle, pistol, and shotgun at steel targets from 10 yards out past 500 yards. That includes jacketed rifle pistol and monometal shotgun slugs. The only time I ever had a ricochet was at 10 and 15 yards when firing FMJ pistol rounds and fragments came back. No puncture wounds, just sting. Everyone should be wearing safety glasses when shooting steel. That's a given.

We won't be shooting steel any closer than 25 yards, with most of it being 50 yards and farther. We also don't shoot perpendicular to the face of the steel, so bullets and fragments don't come back uprange.

Most of our targets will be paper or plastic.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell