Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
so the shooting contests will be at what ranges?
200 yards for the prairie dog shoot? And the others?

These are my ideas, but I'm still waiting for some input from you guys.

DGR Shoot - Any rifle, .40 caliber and up, iron sights only, two 8" targets fired at, in order of farthest to closest, starting at 35 yards, then 15 yards. NO light loads. Factory load equivalent only, This will favor double guns as far as speed, but accuracy is what is important.

It doesn't help if you miss really, really fast. shocked laugh

.22lr Shoot - Any rifle, any sights, any position, 100 yards, tightest five shot group with one round REQUIRED to be in the orange center dot. If no one gets a round in the dot, then closest group wins. Time limit of 90 seconds for the five shots.

BPCR Shoot - 12" target, three rounds, barrel sights only, any position, 200 yards, in one minute. Smallest group wins.

Military Rifle Shoot - Any vintage military rifle, any caliber, iron sights only, military issue or equivalent loads, three shots, off-hand (slings permitted), in one minute at 100 yards.
Maybe we should just go ahead and call this the "Bob "kaywoodie" Norment Shoot". laugh

Spaghetti Western Practice Shoot - 15 yards, any Centerfire Revolver or auto-pistol, iron sights only, five shots, one-handed, beginning with the handgun in the shooters hand and at his/her side, at five beverage cans on a log, in 30 seconds. Ties will be decided by a shoot-off consisting of five cans on a log, five shots in 30 seconds at 50 yards. grin (Thought y'all were going to get off easy, didn't ya?)

I need ideas on a "Kids Shoot", too. Any thoughts?

We can have a Traditional Archery Shoot here in the yard at anytime. 4" balloons at 20 yards, pick the color of balloon BEFORE you release the arrow. grin
Ties will be decided by shooting an apple off of the opponent's head. First shooter will be determined by a coin toss. shocked

Or, shoot-off will be at golf ball size balloons at 20 yards. Your choice. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell