Home
Mine is probably pork tenderloin.
On now

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I love them all. Ribs both beef and pork. Brisket, pork butt, chicken. It's all good. laugh
fat roe mullet in the fall of the year
For me, it's less about the cut, and more about who's smoking it.
Bacon, pork chops.
Jowl
tri tip is up there out on the west coast...made two Friday night. All gone by Saturday morning.

Favorite because it is delicious, but also almost too easy.
King Salmon
Beef cheeks. No contest.
Boston Butt- - - - -slow smoked with mixed wood pellets for about 12 hours. I'm doing two of them for the meal before our next American Legion meeting.
Salmon, baby back ribs, and lamb ribs.
I would have once said brisket or pork butt. However now I’m with the OP. Pork tenderloin for the win!! Takes about half the time as butt and dang it’s good!!
Boston butt at about 270 on the egg. 6 to 8 hours.
I'll second the tri tip, super easy cut to smoke.
Sirloin tip roast cut 2X thick
Originally Posted by Showdog75
I'll second the tri tip, super easy cut to smoke.

And I hereby give the flavorful tri-tip a third recommendation!

Perfect for after work, that and pork chops.

If I had more time and if we had better meat selection it would be fun to do some long cooks.

Jealous of you smoke masters!
I’d have to say salmon..I love beef and pork but don’t prefer it with a heavy smoke flavor.

Salmon can’t be beat in that regard
Salmon.
Originally Posted by Certifiable
I’d have to say salmon..I love beef and pork but don’t prefer it with a heavy smoke flavor.

Salmon can’t be beat in that regard

Same way here, hell half the time I just use plain lump when 'smoking/grilling' on the Egg. Depends on the crowd...

And salmon is great on the grill with a little apple wood. The grillgrates(that crittr reco'd) are really nice for grilling fillets. Flip 'em flat side up...
Maybe because I haven't done it in about a year, but I'll say lamb shoulder, cooked like a pork butt/shoulder.

Ribs,brisket,beef ribs,prime rib,pork butt, elk roasts all up there.
Tuna or mullet
Tri tip around here is horrible, unless I got to sniders brothers meats which is good. Lamb yuck
Pulled Ham

Sturgeon for fish
I'm all ears if someone wants to tell me how to smoke fish on a BGE because I can't keep the temp low enough before it starts cooking it
Pork
Crittr, I'm talkin' 'smoked' at 400F for less than 10 minutes....lol
Brisket so far. Fixing to do a my first tri-tip, though, so we will see what the fuss is about.
Smoked 2 turkeys today with apple for friends

A lighter smoke flavor...not bad....
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Beef cheeks. No contest.
This sounds awesome. I enjoy the cachete tacos, I bet all that fat would be decent. I also really enjoy pork belly and could happily founder on brisket.
Just pulled it off the smoker.

Originally Posted by SamOlson
Crittr, I'm talkin' 'smoked' at 400F for less than 10 minutes....lol

Ya I've done that many a time, but you ain't smoking no damn fish on an egg
Elk tenderloin on a smoker grill that they no longer make because of everyone switching to Traeger…

Another vote for chinook salmon

Pork chopz aint terrible either
There are not many smoked meats that I am not crazy about. There's certainly an art to smoking. Unfortunately I absolutely suck at it.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
There are not many smoked meats that I am not crazy about. There's certainly an art to smoking. Unfortunately I absolutely suck at it.
A lot of innuendo there

🤣
Originally Posted by APredator
Brisket so far. Fixing to do a my first tri-tip, though, so we will see what the fuss is about.
Nothing magic with the Tri Tip.
Most people grill it, so it's a steak thing (rare, medium rare, etc) for people that want something quick.
It's a chewy cut of beef unless you do it brisket style.
But as you know, that takes time.
I had Paul figured for a tube steak expert.
Originally Posted by slumlord
A lot of innuendo there

🤣

Ya know, reading it again, I do get that vibe.
Probably brined turkey breast so far. I like using a smoker in certain applications or when we are ready for something different. But I gotta say in general I like it best for just that, something different here and there. I know people that use a smoker constantly for just about everything.

Not me, I like the variety of flavors of well made good food. A smoker shouldn't be to cover up the inability to cook.
Angus corn beef brisket ,smoked garden Kanabec potatoes and fresh smoked sweetcorn
A lot of innuendo there

🤣

LOL
Originally Posted by SamOlson
A lot of innuendo there

🤣

LOL

I will double that lol
cooked low and slow is always the best way ,another thing the meat should be seasoned and put back covered in a fridge 3 -5 days minimum. never use fruit wood to smoke meat use only hard wood like white oak , hickory ,real maple hard wood ,mesquite probably some others , always soak your wood before you use it.it takes a long time to smoked a beef brisket 8- 12 hrs the longer the slower the better.
I love spatchcocked smoked chicken and pork loin.

Pork tenderloin is too dry, Boston but too greasy….
Pork Shoulder and chicken thighs.
Smoked Veggie Burgers.
Salmon
Bacon wrapped deer backstrap with a mixture of hickory and pecan wood chips.
Salmon
Stuff given to me for free
I like just about any meat that’s been properly smoked and not too dry. I have a Kamota Joe I found beside a dumpster in the ritzy part of town. I disassembled it and stuffed it into a Nissan Rogue one hot July Sunday afternoon, and hauled it home. Had a neighbor make the circular rack for it and a damper (they were missing). Wife raised sand at first but now enjoys what I smoke on it. Love brisket, Boston Butt, pork chops, and cream cheese and other cheeses smoked on it. She’s gluten intolerant and really likes the squash, peppers, onions smoked on it. Bryan thick sliced bologna was excellent. Venison and chicken are good too. I do smoked sausage, brats and chicken too. Been using red oak like the Choctaws preferred to cook their hominy when I worked on the Rez.
Well it didn't suck, and yes I like peas

Pork belly is my new favorite. Easy to do and mouth watering. Sweet dry rub and crispy on top seemed best.

Off topic a bit, brother showed up to deer camp with a couple blocks of smoked cream cheese. He had some seasoning rub on it. Unbelievably good. 😳
Fresh King Salmon caught offshore is hard to beat. But since I don't live where fresh can be caught I would go for a fat boston butt next.
Pecanha
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Meatloaf

My favorites are venison, salmon, pork steaks and chicken thighs all smoked with Alderwood.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Meatloaf

Smoked meatloaf is one of my favorites. I use a recipe from Cowboy Kent Rollins
Roundhead or Tanner Blues...

Puppy Drum under #4.
Mark did some Sika a few weeks ago and said it was amazing.

I haven't tried that.
Duck. Ten hours over the cherry wood, you would not believe how good it is.

ANY!!!!
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Got ant tips, seasonings, etc
That's looks very good.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

English peas??

Barf

😳💀😱

Do you eat them off of a butter knife like Donald Duck and Wabigoon? That’s some skill!!! 😃
Pork butt then chicken.
Ribs is #1 but I admit to making Burgundy Spoon Roasts most often.

Pick one up from the grocery store, smoke to 125 ish and let rest.
Originally Posted by Remington280

That's looks very good.

We sprinkle garlic powder and salt all in the body cavity, and then all over the outside. We don't use much spices, the flavor of the duck alone is wonderful. Then we stuff the birds with cut up apple and onion chunks. You don't want to use a strong wood like mesquite, or hickory, with duck. You want fruit wood, we use cherry.
The smoker has a 5 quart water pan, which keeps the duck moist. I also, during the ten hours, add a fifth of red wine to the smoker pan.

After ten hours, it is getting near supper time, check the duck with the thermometer, we want 185 degrees, if the ducks are not cooked, we put them in the oven for 45 minutes at 350.
Smoked duck. Try it, you will like it!
Originally Posted by Remington280

That's looks very good.

We sprinkle garlic powder and salt all in the body cavity, and then all over the outside. We don't use much spices, the flavor of the duck alone is wonderful. Then we stuff the birds with cut up apple and onion chunks. You don't want to use a strong wood like mesquite, or hickory, with duck. You want fruit wood, we use cherry.
The smoker has a 5 quart water pan, which keeps the duck moist. I also, during the ten hours, add a fifth of red wine to the smoker pan.

After ten hours, it is getting near supper time, check the duck with the thermometer, we want 185 degrees, if the ducks are not cooked, we put them in the oven for 45 minutes at 350.
Smoked duck. Try it, you will like it!

Awesome!

English peas??

Barf

😳💀😱

Do you eat them off of a butter knife like Donald Duck and Wabigoon? That’s some skill!!! 😃

Hell ya!!
Salmon & burnt ends. A friend rolled up a pizza and wrapped it in bacon for appetizers.
I had a BBQ business for 6yrs, brisket burnt ends was about the only thing the wife and I never got burnt out on.

Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Meatloaf

Smoked meatloaf is one of my favorites. I use a recipe from Cowboy Kent Rollins
Mine too...I go with a modified Kent recipe...
Smoked Whitebass , channel cats and salmon.
Brisket, Dino bones, whole chicken, brined wild Turkey breast, chicken wings
My smoker favorite isn't meat, but hefty marinated steelhead fillets.
I like smoked meatloaf too

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Baby back ribs
I can smoke a mean brisket.
Pecanha

Meatloaf

Damn, I'd get up on that.
My favorite is anything that ends up on my plate once it leaves the smoker. That being said, I'll be smoking two pork butts to feed the American Legion at the dinner before our February meeting. There probably won't be any leftovers.
Do NOT care for smoked meat.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Do NOT care for smoked meat.

You do not like Bacon, that's a first.

What about Ham, don't like that either.

Chuck roast

It’s better than brisket and that’s a hill I’d die on.
Shrapnel that looks delicious.
Cornish Game Hens!
Injected with Tony Chachere creole butter and slathered with a mix of mostly mayo and a little mustard then dusted with a mix of salt, paprika, and chili powder. Smoked 225-250 for about 3 hours then seared on hot grill for a few minutes to crisp up the tips.
I always assume "smoked" means low and slow. That being said, I'm not a fan of smoked tri-tip.... maybe because it's so common here in Ca, but cooked hot and fast to about 130 on an open fire (Santa Maria style) grill is the best.

If we are talking smoked low and slow I'm a pork butt and chicken man..... stuffed jalapeños are bad ass too.
Venison Bacon

Venison Polish

Brisket, salmon, ribs. But that smoked chuck roast looks amazing. And I'll be trying pork shoulder soon for the first time.
I bought 2 today. Got to make some room in the freezer. I will buy 2 more tomorrow. If I'm going to all the trouble of cranking up the smoker, I am going to smoke 4 of them.
Smoked duck for Christmas. mmmmmmm good.

I like smoked meatloaf too

Oh yeah...!!
Yessir!!!
Hard boiled eggs, cheese, northern pike, any fish really. Any meat for that matter. The pork tenderloin and turkey I have been smoking it for only a couple hours then move it to a crock pot to finish it off so it doesn’t dry out. Instead of making a mess basting.
Polish done with venison.
Originally Posted by Upperplainsman
Polish done with venison.

Lookin Good.

Care to share what’s inside?
Have to say pork first, then chicken and probably a tie between brisket and chuck roast.
Favorites in the house are brisket for me, venison bacon for my wife.
Salmon, Steelhead, pork chops ,wild turkey .
Mine,..... the smoker is somewhere in the basement.

Ha, interesting, Here is my "smoked" Polish recipe. Very similar.

12.5 pounds Pork Butt
10 Pounds 100% lean Venison
2.5 Pounds Pork Back Fat

13 Tbs Canning Salt
5 Tbs Dextrose ( Sausage Sugar)
5 tee Cure #1
3 Tbs Fresh Black Pepper
2 Tbs Granulated Garlic
3 tee Marjoram
4 tee MSG
2 Cups HT Milk Powder

Stuff into casings and smoke

When I make Fresh Polish like yours, I just remove the Cure #1 and the Milk Powder

I use Canning Salt, what type of salt do you use with 14 Tbs?
Table or canning. Very similar recipes. My son adds a bunch of cayenne pepper to his but I'm not interested in adding any heat.
Table or canning. Very similar recipes. My son adds a bunch of cayenne pepper to his but I'm not interested in adding any heat.

Do you notice any difference when switching salts?

I have found a Yuge difference with different salts measuring by volume, by weight, not so much.

Kick it up a notch and start adding MSG
© 24hourcampfire