Home
who he eventually married.

ADULTERY, DISHONESTY AND CORRUPTION AREN'T "BAGGAGE".

In this age of euphemisms, it�s rare to hear a spade called a spade any more. No one is blind any more, they�re �visually impaired.� We don�t put criminals in jail any longer; we house �career offenders.� And we don�t bomb the crap out of countries that cross us, we engage in �kinetic military actions.� So, it shouldn�t come as much of a surprise to anyone who follows GOP politics that former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich is often referred to as �having a lot of baggage.�

Let�s clarify something up front. Adultery, dishonesty, and corruption aren�t �baggage.� They are the outward signs of an inner lack of integrity and character. They are the symptoms of an unprincipled and dishonorable life. They are like the oft-overlooked tiny wormhole on the shiny red apple that leads to a rotten inner core. When we ignore the symptomatic signposts that warn us of serious character flaws, we end up with bad politicians who do bad things to our country, our system of government, and ultimately, to us.

Newt Gingrich is the only Speaker of the House in history to have been disciplined for ethics violations. Eighty-four ethics charges were brought against him. In order to avoid a full hearing, Gingrich negotiated a settlement in which eighty-three of the charges were dropped, and he was sanctioned for the remaining charge by a House vote of 395 to 28 and fined $300,000 on January 21, 1997. And let�s not forget that this was while the Republicans had a majority in the House!

At age 16, Newt Gingrich slept with his high school math teacher, Jackie Battley, whom he eventually married in 1962 when he was 19, and she was 26. Perhaps this sort of thing was accepted with a wink and a nod in the early 1960′s, but today, we call such behavior �statutory rape� and �inappropriate teacher-student relationships.� There are plenty of female high school teachers languishing in prisons today for exactly the same behavior.

Consider this narrative, which appeared in a 1995 Vanity Faire article about Gingrich:

In the spring of 1977, [Anne Manning, who admitted to a relationship with Gingrich that started during his 1976 campaign] was in Washington to attend a census-bureaus workshop when Gingrich took her to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. He met her back at her modest hotel room. �We had oral sex,� she says. �He prefers that� because then he can say, �I never slept with her.� Indeed, before Gingrich left that evening, she says, he threatened her: �If you ever tell anybody about this, I�ll say you�re lying.�

During that same period, one of Newt Gingrich�s neighbors told the following story about him:

Kip Carter, who lived a few doors down from the couple, saw more than he wanted to. �We had been out working a football game �I think it was the Bowdon game� and we would split up. It was a Friday night. I had Newt�s daughters, Jackie Sue and Kathy, with me. We were all supposed to meet back at this professor�s house. It was a milk-and-cookies kind of shakedown thing, buck up the troops. I was cutting across the yard to go up the driveway. There was a car there. As I got to the car, I saw Newt in the passenger seat and one of the guys� wives with her head in his lap going up and down. Newt kind of turned and gave me his little-boy smile. Fortunately, Jackie Sue and Kathy were a lot younger and shorter then.

According to first wife Jackie Battley, in April 1980, Gingrich and their children visited her while she was in the hospital, recovering from surgery to remove a tumor, and Gingrich surprised her by asking for a divorce. She learned he�d been carrying on a long-term affair with Marianne Ginther. Gingrich fought hard to avoid paying any alimony or child support to Battley. She said, �We went to court to get the basic financial necessities met.� The utilities were about to be cut off. Jackie�s testimony at a hearing to determine alimony �revealing Newt�s $34,000 personal debt, his irresponsible spending habits, his refusal to pay household bills� appeared in detail on the front page of the hometown newspaper on October 23, 1980.

He married Marianne in 1981, and not long afterwards began a long-term affair with House of Representatives staffer Callista Bisek, who was 23 years his junior. Gingrich carried on this affair, even as he led the Congressional investigation of President Clinton for his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Newt's three wives: Jackie, Marianne, Callista

Gingrich�s second wife, Marianne, described how she learned that Gingrich wanted a divorce:

�Marianne went to the doctor and was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. In early May � just before Mother�s Day � she went to Ohio to visit her mother. She told Esquire that Gingrich didn�t return her calls for two days � which, for a man that usually checked in several times a day, was quite unusual. And when he finally returned her calls, that�s when she knew. He wanted to talk in person, he said. �I said, �No, we need to talk now.� Marianne responded, �There�s somebody else, isn�t there?� She kind of guessed it, of course. Women usually do. But did she know the woman was in her apartment, eating off her plates, sleeping in her bed?�

In fact, Gingrich admitted the affair to Marianne just days after after giving a speech in Erie, Pennsylvania about the importance of family values. He divorced Marianne, and in 2000, Gingrich married Callista Bisek, his congressional staffer, with whom he�d carried on an affair for 6 years. In 2009, Gingrich � a Southern Baptist since college � converted to Catholicism, Bisek�s religion.

Gingrich�s instincts for politics were just as chaotic, disloyal and unprincipled as his personal life. Here are just a few highlights, in no particular order:

During an 8-year period leading up to the housing bubble burst and recession in 2008, Gingrich was paid as much as $1.8 million in �consulting fees� by Freddie Mac during a period when congressional Republicans were demanding more accountability and attempting to reign in their irresponsible lending practices. Critics say Gingrich was a lobbyist, bought and paid for by Freddie Mac, hired to lobby influential Republicans. Gingrich claims he was paid the exhorbitant fees for his �knowledge of history,� and to dispense advice that Freddie Mac did not take.

In November 2003, in support of expanded Medicare entitlements, Gingrich wrote in the Wall Street Journal, �Every conservative member of Congress should vote for this Medicare bill. It is the most important reorganization of our nation�s health-care system since the original Medicare Bill of 1965.�

In April 2007, Gingrich had this to say about Anthropogenic Global Warming, and Cap and Trade: �I think if you have mandatory carbon caps combined with a trading system, much like we did with sulfur, and if you have a tax-incentive program for investing in the solutions, that there�s a package there that�s very, very good. And frankly, it�s something I would strongly support.�

In 2008, Gingrich teamed up with Speaker Nancy Pelosi as part of the �We Can Solve It� global warming ad campaign sponsored by former Vice President Al Gore�s Alliance for Climate Protection, and made this television commercial.

You may also recall that recently (May 2011) Gingrich angered many conservatives by commenting thusly on the Ryan Plan for balancing the federal budget: �I don�t think right wing social engineering is any more desirable than left wing social engineering.�

For those who reject Gov. Mitt Romney over individual health care mandates, Forbes reported the following in May 2011:

In a June 2007 op-ed in the Des Moines Register, Gingrich wrote, �Personal responsibility extends to the purchase of health insurance. Citizens should not be able to cheat their neighbors by not buying insurance, particularly when they can afford it, and expect others to pay for their care when they need it.� An �individual mandate,� he added, should be applied �when the larger health-care system has been fundamentally changed.�

Lest you think that this was a one-time slip up on Newt�s part or some misunderstanding of biblical proportion, think again. Gingrich has been pushing individual mandates as a matter of individual responsibility ever since he joined up with Hillary Clinton in 2005 in a bi-partisan effort to solve the growing health care problem in the United States. As recently as 2008, in Gingrich�s book, �Real Change�, Newt called for everyone earning above a defined income level to be obligated to buy health care insurance or post a bond to guarantee their ability to pay for their care should they fall ill.

Bottom line: Newt Gingrich�s personal, financial, and political life have been one long train wreck. He has shown again and again a total disregard for any semblance of loyalty to his three spouses, the Republican party, or even to his religion. Anyone who can reject a good man like Governor Mitt Romney as the GOP nominee, and throw their support behind a cad like Newt Gingrich needs to take a long hard look at their own scruples, and their unfathomable reasons for doing so.

so are you jealous or what.
Who do you support Rob?

It's obvious who you don't.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Life ain't fair! Some guys have all the luck! wink
Hell, I used to spend lots of time wishing Julie Stevens, my high school health teacher, would do that. laugh

Read the article. Do you really want a man of that character for president?

Who do I want? I follow Bill Buckley's "rule of politics for grown-ups"---support the most conservative electable candidate. That person is Romney.
Romney is no conservative and maybe if you got a little you wouldn't be so uptight.
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Who do I want? I follow Bill Buckley's "rule of politics for grown-ups"---support the most conservative electable candidate. That person is Romney.

I saw Newt loading dead Babies into a truck with his PITCHFORK once, Rob, and Laughing !

.....I just don't have the Moral Certitude to go after him with anything VAGUELY resembling your tenacity.

Keep up the good work,....

GTC
Could give two [bleep] less about Newt, but one thing I do know is, you're giving a couple of guys a run for their money in the Biggest Internet [bleep] Contest.
You need to get a life..............I wouldn't vote for Romney if he was running unopposed..I will write in Porky Pig 1st

In fact I hope Porky Pig runs as he is a far better choice than any and all!
I just like seeing you guys get your panties in a wad!
I think you are the one with bunched up panties.....just look at your posts....go get laid and relieve the stress. your pet sheep might appreciate you.
Originally Posted by Rob Jordan
Originally Posted by stx hunter

Newt's still better than what's in the Oval Office now. I'd take him any day over the Liar 'N Chief from Kenya and/or Indonesia.
Krap with a history like that(?), based on the Democrat viewpoint of the fine job Slick Willie done and using that same reasoning Newt should make both parties happy. He could fit right into Bill's oral office. Rob Jordan thanks for all your informaton and Newts endorsement. GW grin
I guess it takes a scumbag to condone the actions of a scumbag. I always knew there were plenty of them here.
Am I the only one to mind my own d**n business anymore? Dutch.

Pretty poor way to boost one's ego.
heard Newt drives one of those sporty Ford Explorer Sport Tracs.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Could give two [bleep] less about Newt, but one thing I do know is, you're giving a couple of guys a run for their money in the Biggest Internet [bleep] Contest.

Is there a poll going,...who are the top 5, at this time ?

GTC
If he isn't man enough to take his wedding vows seriously there's absolutely no reason to believe he'd take the oath of office seriously either. I guess scumbags deserve to have scumbags in the white house.
Robjordon,

What church do you go to?
And you're still too [bleep]' stupid to comprehend the difference between a sport and a sport trac. Par for the course, retard.
LOL do you work for the National Enquirer. Their missing you somewhere but it ain't here.
I don't attend church---I know I should, but I just don't. I am what you call a "Jack Mormon".
Nope,....Jack OFF
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I guess it takes a scumbag to condone the actions of a scumbag. I always knew there were plenty of them here.

ahh the pet sheep showed up!

And you're still too [bleep]' stupid to comprehend the difference between a sport and a sport trac. Par for the course, retard.

speakin of tards...you showed up!
Interesting to watch the apologists and accompanied modified standards come out when their latest guy takes the stage for an audition and just a wee bit of scrutiny... confused
I don't attend church---I know I should, but I just don't. I am what you call a "Jack Mormon".

So is Romney your "man", because he's a Jack Mormon too? Just curious.
i wouldn't drive either one so who cares' your the only one coming across as a retard mister holier than thou. been my experience the ones who yell the loudest are usually the most guilty of what their crying about. you have an affair that's eating at your conscience wouldn't surprise me one bit, probably just another loud mouth hypocrite. carry on, your doing a good job of looking like a fool.
Originally Posted by eh76

Hmm... seems like you just might be surrounded?

laugh
It still comes down to you have just one vote and that one vote doesn't make a perennial 25%er (Romney) or 5%er (Paul) into the 40%er that it will take to win the nomination. Newt is closing in on the 40% as it narrows down. Romney won't, same as '08.

There's not much in Newt's past that can't be seen as a good or bad decision based on the circumstances of the 'times' and that in these times a different decision must be made. That's just life.

I have no problem challenging any candidate's individual policies of 'today'. Mostly his stated policies are correct, more correct than the other candidates. Hopefully he means it, the choices are dismal this cycle when we really needed someone better.

Kent
Originally Posted by add

Hmm... seems like you just might be surrounded?

laugh

by a bunch of dipschitts....you are correct.
is'nt this "Blackheart" clown the terrible Ghengis Khan type that's just gonna' run around pillaging everybody else's investments, homesteads, and camps,.....if / when "SHTF"

Or is that some other AZZWHOLE ?

GTC
No. I think Romney is a very commited Latter-Day Saint. Huntsman is pretty much a Jack Mormon though. I can't stand Huntsman. Now there is a man with no principles.
I think they are both losers.............
I think they are both losers.............

Well that's absurd. Neither one are losers in the correct meaning of the word---both are wealthy and married to attractive women and have beautiful kids. If they are losers, what does that make Joe Average? I guess what you meant to say is you don't like either one. I certainly don't care for Huntsman. The difference for me is that Huntsman governed from the left in a very conservative state---the most conservative state in the nation by far. Whereas Romney governed conservatively in a very liberal state---the most liberal in the nation by far. If you analyze Romney's record---especially his vetoes---he was the only thing standing between the peope and chaos---chaos which the legislature sought to foist upon them. It is especially enlightening to see how Romney fought hard for family values. His actual record has been horribly distorted for politcial ends, but if you get at the facts, you see very courageous and principled positions against stem cell reseach and sodomite marriage. Maggie Gallagher has singled him out in a big way for defending marriage.

Life ain't fair! Some guys have all the luck! wink

If ALL of us, of a CERTAIN age, were to be judged by our behavior in the Seventies, DAMN FEW would be left standing.

Just sayin'.
You have been on this site for 6 years and have 500+ posts. Now in the last week you seem like you are trying to double you post count strickly with anti-Newt threads? I don't get it, did you just finish up a typing class?
I heard he kicked his dog.

Originally Posted by krp

There's not much in Newt's past that can't be seen as a good or bad decision based on the circumstances of the 'times' and that in these times a different decision must be made. That's just life.

Kent

Most conservatives would call that an argument moral relativism.

Originally Posted by Partagas
You have been on this site for 6 years and have 500+ posts. Now in the last week you seem like you are trying to double you post count strickly with anti-Newt threads? I don't get it, did you just finish up a typing class?

I just have a little time on my hands this week---and I don't like the pszchizoprenia (sp?) I am seeing on the right. Been a raging conservative my whole life and I see us committing hari kari.
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Truer words were never spoken.
Does reading the sordid things in the origial post make it more likely or less likely that people who voted for Clinton in two elections will vote for Gingrich in this election?
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Show me a conservative... none of the so called here qualify.

Kent
So you're a Mormon and you want your man in office. What do you say about the Mountain Meadows Massacre? What about the part where it's okay for Mormons to lie if it's to a "Gentile" and in furtherance of the church?

I don't care whether Romney is a Mormon or not, he's a third rate shixtheel that any media worthy of the name "unbiased" would have weeded out long ago.
No. I think Romney is a very commited Latter-Day Saint. Huntsman is pretty much a Jack Mormon though. I can't stand Huntsman. Now there is a man with no principles.

I'd take him over romney..
Originally Posted by Partagas

I just have a little time on my hands this week---and I don't like the pszchizoprenia (sp?) I am seeing on the right. Been a raging conservative my whole life and I see us committing hari kari.

you need a better hobby...political activist isn't it.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
So you're a Mormon and you want your man in office. What do you say about the Mountain Meadows Massacre? What about the part where it's okay for Mormons to lie if it's to a "Gentile" and in furtherance of the church?

I don't care whether Romney is a Mormon or not, he's a third rate shixtheel that any media worthy of the name "unbiased" would have weeded out long ago.

I don't want Romney in office because he is LDS. I want the most electable conservative in office and I think he is that person. Why do you want to make it an issue of theology? And by the way, your questions about the LDS faith belie your claim that you don't care if Romney is a Mormon. your post says otherwise. So just have the integrity to admit you don't want a Mormon as President for that reason alone.
[Linked Image]
schizophrenia (AKA dementia pr�cox)

hara kiri

(always willin' t'help! grin)
Thanks!

Them things are built like tanks. :>>)
So if it comes down to Newt or Obama, which way do you vote?
Are you kidding me? Newt without a second's hesitation.

In this age of euphemisms, it�s rare to hear a spade called a spade any more. No one is blind any more, they�re �visually impaired.� We don�t put criminals in jail any longer; we house �career offenders.� And we don�t bomb the crap out of countries that cross us, we engage in �kinetic military actions.� So, it shouldn�t come as much of a surprise to anyone who follows GOP politics that former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich is often referred to as �having a lot of baggage.�

Let�s clarify something up front. Adultery, dishonesty, and corruption aren�t �baggage.� They are the outward signs of an inner lack of integrity and character. They are the symptoms of an unprincipled and dishonorable life. They are like the oft-overlooked tiny wormhole on the shiny red apple that leads to a rotten inner core. When we ignore the symptomatic signposts that warn us of serious character flaws, we end up with bad politicians who do bad things to our country, our system of government, and ultimately, to us.

Newt Gingrich is the only Speaker of the House in history to have been disciplined for ethics violations. Eighty-four ethics charges were brought against him. In order to avoid a full hearing, Gingrich negotiated a settlement in which eighty-three of the charges were dropped, and he was sanctioned for the remaining charge by a House vote of 395 to 28 and fined $300,000 on January 21, 1997. And let�s not forget that this was while the Republicans had a majority in the House!

Pure Bull$hit.

Here is what really happened:

�During Gingrich's term as Speaker, eighty-four ethics charges were filed against him, most of which were leveled by House Democratic Whip David Bonior.

Eighty-three of the eighty-four allegations were dropped.

The remaining charge consisted of two counts �of failure to seek legal advice� and one count of �providing the committee with information which he knew or should have known was inaccurate� concerning the use of a tax exempt college course for political purposes. On January 21, 1997, the House voted 395 to 28 to reprimand Gingrich,
including a $300,000 �cost assessment� to recoup money spent on the investigation.
The full committee panel did not reach a conclusion about whether the �Renewing American Civilization� college course had violated federal tax law and instead opted to leave it up to the IRS. In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the courses under investigation for possible tax violations�

�In 1999, after a 3 � year investigation, the Internal Revenue Service (under President Bill Clinton) concluded that Gingrich did not violate any tax laws, leading renowned CNN Investigative Reporter Brooks Jackson to remark on air �it turns out [Gingrich] was right and those who accused him of tax fraud were wrong.��

Sorta puts a different perspective on what took place...

Same Bullcrap they pulled on Governor Palin, but she had to pay her own legal bills and Newt did not

According to first wife Jackie Battley, in April 1980, Gingrich and their children visited her while she was in the hospital, recovering from surgery to remove a tumor, and Gingrich surprised her by asking for a divorce. She learned he�d been carrying on a long-term affair with Marianne Ginther. Gingrich fought hard to avoid paying any alimony or child support to Battley. She said, �We went to court to get the basic financial necessities met.� The utilities were about to be cut off. Jackie�s testimony at a hearing to determine alimony �revealing Newt�s $34,000 personal debt, his irresponsible spending habits, his refusal to pay household bills� appeared in detail on the front page of the hometown newspaper on October 23, 1980.

He married Marianne in 1981, and not long afterwards began a long-term affair with House of Representatives staffer Callista Bisek, who was 23 years his junior. Gingrich carried on this affair, even as he led the Congressional investigation of President Clinton for his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Gingrich�s second wife, Marianne, described how she learned that Gingrich wanted a divorce:

�Marianne went to the doctor and was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. In early May � just before Mother�s Day � she went to Ohio to visit her mother. She told Esquire that Gingrich didn�t return her calls for two days � which, for a man that usually checked in several times a day, was quite unusual. And when he finally returned her calls, that�s when she knew. He wanted to talk in person, he said. �I said, �No, we need to talk now.� Marianne responded, �There�s somebody else, isn�t there?� She kind of guessed it, of course. Women usually do. But did she know the woman was in her apartment, eating off her plates, sleeping in her bed?�

In fact, Gingrich admitted the affair to Marianne just days after after giving a speech in Erie, Pennsylvania about the importance of family values. He divorced Marianne, and in 2000, Gingrich married Callista Bisek, his congressional staffer, with whom he�d carried on an affair for 6 years. In 2009, Gingrich � a Southern Baptist since college � converted to Catholicism, Bisek�s religion.

This story is a vicious lie. It was first reported by a left wing magazine in the 1980s based on hearsay and has survived in left-wing chat rooms on the Internet until today. It is completely false.
Recently, Newt�s daughter, Jackie Gingrich Cushman, wrote a column to set the record straight about this smear. The column reveals that 1) It was her mother that requested the divorce, not Newt, and it was months before the hospital visit in question; 2) Her mother was in the hospital to remove a tumor, but it was benign, and she is still alive today; 3) Newt visited the hospital for the purpose of taking his two children to see their mother, not to discuss a divorce�

The rest of your post as is the title is Pure Gutter slime:

I need a shower

Look Bow, I know you're still upset over Perky not getting in the race, but get over it. The info above is, regrettably, the absolute truth.
Pure absolute Bull$hit.
You just keep telling yourself that Bow!!
Bow, did you know that in addition to three marriages, illicit sex with his teacher at 16 and several instances of adultery, Newt is the only Speaker of the House in its entire history to be convicted of an ethics violation? And by a Republican Congress no less!
You just keep telling yourself that Bow!!

Not just me�care to run a poll on my quote?????

�The rest of your post as is the title is Pure Gutter slime�
yeah yeah yeah.. Romney has the moral mormon vote. We get it.
The truth is not determined by polls. It is determined by facts. Please cite me any other Speaker in history who has been disciplined for ethics violations?
Morality is not a function of one's faith. In any event, I thought we all believed it was an important trait in a president?
And why are you introducing religion into this. Isn't it supposed to be irrelevant?
You need to get a life..............I wouldn't vote for Romney if he was running unopposed..I will write in Porky Pig 1st

Are you serious? With a stutter like that, he'd make a hell of a poor showing in a televised debate! You ought re-think that, man!

grin

Sycamore
Originally Posted by 280shooter

So if it comes down to Romney or Obama, which way do you vote?

???

Where a man dips his wick is his own business.
Sounds like Newts quite the cocksman.
Good for him.

I think Mitts more fiscally conservative than Newt.
I think Mitts a more capable manager than Newt.
I think either one of them would pretty much wipe the floor with the rag head.

If your biggest problem with Mitt is Romney care.
Think about this.

The state requirement that a person buy there own health insurance.
Oh the horror.

Why should I have to pay totally outrageous prices,or have my insurance company pay totally outrageous prices to get anything done at a hospital?

Why, to cover all the tight azz dipchits that are either to stupid or to ignorant to buy there own.

dave
Honestly, I have never seen so many victims run for the pseudo R leadership in one season...

Perky, Bachman, Cain, now Gingrich.
Not sure what is worse, the pathetic whiny, misfit candidates, or the sad sack supporters.

Goldwater isn't just rolling over; he is channeling a back hoe and air-lift to be reburied in international waters.
If it comes down to Mitt or Obama, I'd be tempted to go hunting, but I'm leaving my options open. 4 more years of Obama followed by 8 years of a conservative versus 4 years of Romney and then 4 years of Hillary is a tough call.
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Think about this.

Oh the horror.

Why should I have to pay totally outrageous prices,or have my insurance company pay totally outrageous prices to get anything done at a hospital?

Why, to cover all the tight azz dipchits that are either to stupid or to ignorant to buy there own.

dave

So compulsory/socialist healthcare is good now?

Just tryin' to keep straight in my head what a "conservative" is s'pose to believe...
� The info above is, regrettably, the absolute truth.

Neither certifiably absolute nor incontrovertible �

� According to first wife Jackie Battley, in April 1980, Gingrich and their children visited her while she was in the hospital, recovering from surgery to remove a tumor, and Gingrich surprised her by asking for a divorce. �

One of their daughters has recently written that (a) Gingrich and Battley were already divorced and (b) had discussed the divorce with their daughters, at home, quite some time before the hospital visit. The hospital visit, according to the daughter, was just and only that � a hospital visit.

And Gingrich has confirmed the daughter's account.

???

Good for him.

Think about this.

Oh the horror.

dave

And Dave I agree. The whole point of Romneycare was to eliminate welfare---free riding at the state level by people who expected others to pick up the tab for their health care---by implementing market solutions to eliminate free riders. And silly me, here I thought conservatives were against welfare! Nobody gets apoplectic when we require insurance as a condition of driving an automobile. There is no difference between that state mandate and the state mandate for health insurance at the state level. The difference is a federal mandate, which violates the 10th amendment and which Romney has always opposed. What is amazing to me is how people want to overlook the fact that the very conservative Heritage Foundation signed onto Romneycare. The other thing is that Romney himself repeatedly said he wanted nothing to do with anything like Hillarycare---a federal response to healthcare issues.

And by the way, guess who has advocated a federal mandate? You got it: Newt Gingrich!
I've got to hit the hay. See you guys tomorrow night.
The whole idea of making people buy there own medical insurance came from the Heritage Foundation.A super dooper doogooder organization that newt played a very big part in.
Its all about Personal Responsibility.
If everyone had a medical policy the cost of insurance would be cheeper.
If everyone had a medical policy the cost of medical treatment would be cheeper.
The people that whine and cry the loudest about having the goverment mandate that they buy medical coverage.
Are the very same people that I would expect to go to an emerengcy room and without coverage expect to be covered for free.
So when if and when I have to go to a hospital my bill has to be Outrageous to cover all the dipshits that dont have coverage.

Whos your commie now?

Man, we are our own worst enemy.

Obama will win this thing because of threads like this...
It's one thing to vet the candidates, another entirely to trash them to the point that the opposing Chicago-Marxist scumbag will skate.
Post plagiarized directly from "America Needs Mitt" website.LOL

http://americaneedsmitt.com/blog/tag/gingrich/

???

Good for him.

Think about this.

Oh the horror.

dave

And Dave I agree. The whole point of Romneycare was to eliminate welfare---free riding at the state level by people who expected others to pick up the tab for their health care---by implementing market solutions to eliminate free riders. And silly me, here I thought conservatives were against welfare! Nobody gets apoplectic when we require insurance as a condition of driving an automobile. There is no difference between that state mandate and the state mandate for health insurance at the state level. The difference is a federal mandate, which violates the 10th amendment and which Romney has always opposed. What is amazing to me is how people want to overlook the fact that the very conservative Heritage Foundation signed onto Romneycare. The other thing is that Romney himself repeatedly said he wanted nothing to do with anything like Hillarycare---a federal response to healthcare issues.

And by the way, guess who has advocated a federal mandate? You got it: Newt Gingrich!

Rob,
The other thing that has to be taken into account is what the dim-o-craps have done to "ronmey care" in Mass after he left office.
You have to remember,we are talking about Massachusetts after all.

dave
Look Bow, I know you're still upset over Perky not getting in the race, but get over it. The info above is, regrettably, the absolute truth.

With this BS logic it's no surprise Commiefornia is so [bleep] up LOL.
Originally Posted by rte

No one ever thought he had enough brains to think that up on his own?
Originally Posted by broomd
Man, we are our own worst enemy.

Only if you stick your head in the sand and let the rag head have 4 more to really screw up the SCOTUS.

dave
he did the teacher?

okay Rob, you've convinced me, he's got my vote, he's a can do kind of guy. grin

Ms. Galati, oh yeah jr. year French teacher, I'da nailed that babe and never cared whether you ever voted or said hi to me.

congrats Newt! you're earning my support!
Honestly, I have never seen so many victims run for the pseudo R leadership in one season...

Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer"; a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present"); and finally an unaccomplished single term in United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions. He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as legislator.

And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/08/obama_the_affirmative_action_president.html#ixzz1fM7JqRx2
� Nobody gets apoplectic when we require insurance as a condition of driving an automobile. There is no difference between that state mandate and the state mandate for health insurance at the state level.�

Yes, there is � a crucial and fundamental distinction.

The license to drive a vehicle on public thoroughfares is a granted permission, a privilege, not an inherent personal right.

Medical care is an inherent personal option, a right, not similarly subject to governmental oversight, permission, and regulation.

Consider carefully the full legal definition of the concept license. It does not apply to health care. No one has to apply to government for official permission to get medical care.
Ken:

You got me out of bed. With all due respect, you are arguing for a distinction that is meaningless for the following reason: a state mandate for insurance does not propose to deny anyone the option of getting or not getting medical treatment. Federal law says if I go into a hospital without insurance I cannot be turned away. A state-level mandate does not require me to go, nor does it require me to get healthcare. If I chose to go to the hospital or get heathcare however, I don't get to force Joe and Mary Sixpack to pay for it because I am too much of a deadbeat to buy insurance. The state makes me buy insurance if I am going to go to the hospital, just like they make me have insurnace if I want to drive. If I choose not to drive, fine, no one is forcing me to anymore than they are forcing you to get health care.

See the difference?

The other point is that the state has the absolute right to impose a mandate, if that is what the voters (and hospitals and doctors) of that state want. The federal government does not.
Originally Posted by rte

Thanks for that very revelatory link!
Ken:

You got me out of bed. With all due respect, you are arguing for a distinction that is meaningless for the following reason: a state mandate for insurance does not propose to deny anyone the option of getting or not getting medical treatment. Federal law says if I go into a hospital without insurance I cannot be turned away. A state-level mandate does not require me to go, nor does it require me to get healthcare. If I chose to go to the hospital or get heathcare however, I don't get to force Joe and Mary Sixpack to pay for it because I am too much of a deadbeat to buy insurance. The state makes me buy insurance if I am going to go to the hospital, just like they make me have insurnace if I want to drive. If I choose not to drive, fine, no one is forcing me to anymore than they are forcing you to get health care.

See the difference?

Yes, I do see a meaningless and empty quibble aimed at making a lead glider soar like a soap bubble.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Yes, I do see a meaningless and empty quibble aimed at making a lead glider soar like a soap bubble.

Certainly a more expressive manner in which to categorize a rambling,nonsensical post.LOL.
Ken:

I was hoping we could have a respectful give and take. You seemed to want to sincerely discuss the issue. My misjudgment.
By the way, medical care is not a right---that is what people on the left claim---they want it to be a right. It is not. It is a privilege for those who can afford it---although the federal government has forced all of us to pay for it at some level by denying doctors and hospitals the right to refuse emergency care to the uninsured.
Careful you don't have bad dreams and pee the bed smile
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Imagine a future historian... <snip>

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/08/obama_the_affirmative_action_president.html#ixzz1fM7JqRx2

LOL.

That is quite the misdirection post, er... just maybe a big ringing non-endorsement for the saps shuffling in place to take a seat before the music stops. laugh

Bitch slapping your boy is what I do best wink
I don't give a [bleep] who has the R buy their name, they get my vote. Hussein is the worst POTUS in the history of our nation. I'll continue to remind everyone I see of the complete and utter failure of the Hussein soon-to-be-single-term-presidency.

Wrong on both accounts.

You "slapped" with someone else's work (again) and I didn't vote for the "boy".
whistle
RobJordan,

Why don't you get a life?

You spend every waking moment of your life slandering.

Do yourself a favor and go do something, anything.
Originally Posted by add

Wrong on both accounts.

You "slapped" with someone else's work (again) and I didn't vote for the "boy".
whistle

You've been down for the count so many times you don't have a clue when you have been bitch slapped.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I don't give a [bleep] who has the R buy their name, they get my vote. Hussein is the worst POTUS in the history of our nation. I'll continue to remind everyone I see of the complete and utter failure of the Hussein soon-to-be-single-term-presidency.

+1...

We either stick together or hang separately.
Everything that comes out of the guys mouth is a lie. And the darling media keep on sucking his **ck. It seems unbelievable that he could win re-election, but hang on to your shorts, the "R" nominee will see vetting and slime like no one else ever.
There is an oh-so-clear distinction between requiring auto insurance and health insurance.

Auto liability insurance is required to insure at least some compensation to a specific, named, injured party resulting from the wrongful act of the insured. Period.

Health insurance would be required to protect society as a whole from being burdened with the cost of caring for certain individuals. Protect society from the individual, get it? As in placing the welfare of society ahead of individual freedom. Now what do we call that political philosophy again?
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I'll continue to remind everyone I see of the complete and utter failure of the Hussein soon-to-be-single-term occupy the white house.

fixed

I don't want Romney in office because he is LDS. I want the most electable conservative in office and I think he is that person. Why do you want to make it an issue of theology? And by the way, your questions about the LDS faith belie your claim that you don't care if Romney is a Mormon. your post says otherwise. So just have the integrity to admit you don't want a Mormon as President for that reason alone.
My questions don't belie anything. You didn't answer, instead choosing attack mode. That is telling.

As you've been told, if you want the most electable conservative in office, you don't want Romney. He's not a conservative. He's a liberal Republican. Even if he was conservative, he's not electable. Wait until the media's self-imposed ban on anything negative about him gets lifted after he gets the nomination and it's just Romney and the Kenyan. Then you will see the fur fly as the media takes his religion apart. Newt is bad because he's had some affairs? Pizza Pimp is bad 'cause he's...practically a pimp? Wait until the questions start coming about the Church's stance on multiple wives. Most fanatics can't wait to tell you about their fanaticism because they are right and you are wrong. Wait until the crazies start coming out of the woodwork. I don't want a Muslim in the Whitehouse and I wouldn't want one of the Jamestown psychos in the Whitehouse either...

No offense to any Mormons here. It is what it is though.
One more thing in an attempt to smarten your silly asss up. Romney is the worst candidate to discuss on a gun site. His record is marginally anti-gun, IIRC. He is also probably the lyingest bastage of them. You could not trust him to not sign another AWB or the like. As some have said, then he will have the power of a Rep Congress behind him, possibly in both Houses. The "advantage" of the Kenyan in a case like this, is that nobody trusts him and the Reps will not side with him on this gun control issue.

If Romney is the nominee, and there is no absolutely viable third party candidate, I will vote for him. This is only because I don't want to see the Dems in control of the SCOTUS. Otherwise, I'd probably just stay home or not vote on that issue. Romney is that bad. Newt is only a step above him too.

The very definition of a troll. And with that I will stop reading this thread.

One more thing in an attempt to smarten your silly asss up. Romney is the worst candidate to discuss on a gun site. His record is marginally anti-gun, IIRC. He is also probably the lyingest bastage of them. You could not trust him to not sign another AWB or the like. As some have said, then he will have the power of a Rep Congress behind him, possibly in both Houses. The "advantage" of the Kenyan in a case like this, is that nobody trusts him and the Reps will not side with him on this gun control issue.

If Romney is the nominee, and there is no absolutely viable third party candidate, I will vote for him. This is only because I don't want to see the Dems in control of the SCOTUS. Otherwise, I'd probably just stay home or not vote on that issue. Romney is that bad. Newt is only a step above him too.

What would make you think for one moment that Obamalite wouldn't pick the same judges as Obama?
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

What would make you think for one moment that Obamalite wouldn't pick the same judges as Obama?
SteveNO, et al. I think the better question is, with a Republican majority in both the House and Senate, that would be big enough and conservative enough to stand together, why would there be a worry? Wouldn't they simply not okay anybody that was bad? I thought they had a say in this but it seems that they almost always confirm whomever the President picks.

SteveNO, et al. I think the better question is, with a Republican majority in both the House and Senate, that would be big enough and conservative enough to stand together, why would there be a worry? Wouldn't they simply not okay anybody that was bad? I thought they had a say in this but it seems that they almost always confirm whomever the President picks.

Who in hell says we're going to have a majority in both house the the senate? That hopeful thinking at this time. But since people are so pissed at congress we have a better chance there than the White House.
This once-greater ol' country has a sad and sordid history of electing the worst scoundrels to the highest public offices.

One side puts-up such an abominably dreadful candidate that everybody with any sense panics and puts-up an array of desperation opponents whom we then proceed to denounce for their imperfections, thereby ceding the election to the worst rogues and rapscallions on the ballot.

Thus, it seems, 'twill ever be, alas. We're sure running true to old habits, aren't we?
As of now,it is projected the GOP will gain up to 3-4 more seats in the Senate which,of course,will give the GOP a voting majority.

And that's probably who you'll get....if not the Magic Negro.
This Jordan jerkoff doesn't realize the world of hurt Romney will be in when Newt begins to unload on Romney's flip-flops, which all happen to coincide with the voter base Romney is speaking to during any given election cycle.

Romney is a neophyte compared to Gingrich's skill set in regards pointing out deficiencies and with Romney's very bad week, beginning with his implosion with Brett Baier of FOX news,Romney best think twice about pursuing this course of action.

Newt's baggage has been out there for years and the country seems calloused to it's perceived impact,especially as expressed by robots such as this confused Jordan doofus. Romney has had a easy MSM ride thus far but Gingrich,coupled with his experience and clout,will puncture that protective cocoon in quick order.

After a few ads coming out by Perry this month,I'd think there will be a marginal climb in Perry's numbers and it will be Gingrich,Romney and Perry in the top 3. Once and if that happens,the Gingrich and Perry camps will begin to glaringly reveal Romney's record of flip-flops and confirm why so many in this country are seeking the anti-Romney.

You asked Punky, and I told you. It's not my fault if you're as unsmartenupable as your bff Rob.
Originally Posted by isaac
This Jordan jerkoff doesn't realize the world of hurt Romney will be in when Newt begins to unload on Romney's flip-flops, which all happen to coincide with the voter base Romney is speaking to during any given election cycle.

Romney is a neophyte compared to Gingrich's skill set in regards pointing out deficiencies and with Romney's very bad week, beginning with his implosion with Brett Baier of FOX news,Romney best think twice about pursuing this course of action.

Newt's baggage has been out there for years and the country seems calloused to it's perceived impact,especially as expressed by robots such as this confused Jordan doofus. Romney has had a easy MSM ride thus far but Gingrich,coupled with his experience and clout,will puncture that protective cocoon in quick order.

After a few ads coming out by Perry this month,I'd think there will be a marginal climb in Perry's numbers and it will be Gingrich,Romney and Perry in the top 3. Once and if that happens,the Gingrich and Perry camps will begin to glaringly reveal Romney's record of flip-flops and confirm why so many in this country are seeking the anti-Romney.

I agree with all but the last. Though I don't have the optimism of some, I think Paul will be in the top three and that Perry has done stepped on his wang chung one too many times. The only reason Romney is still in the race is because the MSM wants him as the sacrificial Rep and they will turn on him post-haste if he is the winner.
At age 16, Newt slept with his high school math teacher
=======================

Funny how now a teacher sleeping with her 16 year old student is now the student's failing.
At age 16, Newt slept with his high school math teacher
=======================

Funny how now a teacher sleeping with her 16 year old student is now the student's failing.
She was prolly a Dem.
I wanted to bang my high school crafts teacher...I did get to smooch with her a little though.
RobJordan:
You ever beat-off? Two greatest liars are those that say they never have and those that say they quit.

Any person,,I mean ANY person that says they don't carry baggage is lying,,, but that alone does not make them unqualified as a spokesman. So, please don't cast such large stones!

By the way,,,I never have!
Bow, did you know that in addition to three marriages, illicit sex with his teacher at 16 and several instances of adultery, Newt is the only Speaker of the House in its entire history to be convicted of an ethics violation? And by a Republican Congress no less!

Jim Wright doesn't count??? Just because he hauled ass out of town before the final verdict he gets a pass?

What are you looking for in your next President, a marriage counsellor, or someone savvy enough to steer the country away from the Obamageddon we're heading for?
Originally Posted by RWE
Who do you support Rob?

an irritating shill.
Anyone that describes Romney as a "conservative" obviously suffers from a near-terminal case of anal cranial inversion.
Haven't read all of the thread, so if it's been suggested before, I apologize. Maybe they should have looked at Newt for Charlie's replacement on "Two and A Half Men." smile
Originally Posted by hatari
� in addition to three marriages, illicit sex with his teacher at 16 and several instances of adultery, Newt is the only Speaker of the House in its entire history to be convicted of an ethics violation[.] And by a Republican Congress no less!

Jim Wright doesn't count??? Just because he hauled ass out of town before the final verdict he gets a pass? �

And by limiting the reference to a Speaker of the House, we conveniently ignore others who've served time in prison for crimes � like the once unassailable Chicagoan Dan Rostenkowski (who, IIRC, was prosecuted by Eric Holder for mail fraud and was pardoned � after he'd done his prison time � by Bill Clinton).
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Haven't read all of the thread, so if it's been suggested before, I apologize. Maybe they should have looked at Newt for Charlie's replacement on "Two and A Half Men." smile
I haven't ever watched that show, but from what I've heard it was loosely based on Newt and Ron Paul.

Federal law says if I go into a hospital without insurance I cannot be turned away. A state-level mandate does not require me to go, nor does it require me to get healthcare. If I chose to go to the hospital or get heathcare however, I don't get to force Joe and Mary Sixpack to pay for it because I am too much of a deadbeat to buy insurance. The state makes me buy insurance if I am going to go to the hospital, just like they make me have insurnace if I want to drive. If I choose not to drive, fine, no one is forcing me to anymore than they are forcing you to get health care.

I dont see any difference between welfare recipients,illegal aliens
And lowlifes that dont have at least have catastrophic health insurance.
These people all have one thing in common.
They expect someone else...the system...to take care of them.
To pay for them.

You go to a hospital and pay 60 buck for a aspirin....
Your insurance premium cost 1000.00 a quarter.....
Your paying for dipshits that dont have insurance.

Romney with "ronmeycare" is more conservative than most the the re-pub-low-crap party.Because "ronmeycare" makes people take personal responsibility of paying for there own health care cost.

And thats not the way things are working right now

dave
That's total [bleep] dave. If you can't take care of yourself government has always wanted to use it to grow. Until we get them over that we'll never return to the constitutional ways this country started with. You're making a fast slide to the left into a slow one.
So many Republicans and not a one of them fit to be president! grin
"Romney with "romneycare" is more conservative than most the the re-pub-low-crap party.Because "ronmeycare" makes people take personal responsibility of paying for there own health care cost."

My insurance premiums are as high as they are because people from the right and left expect free health care.
Free health care?
Now thats commie at its very core.

dave

wellllllll, least NG didn't drown any women he was with, unlike (with all due respect) that Dead Kennedy. off topic a bit, but anyhooo..........
Federal law says if I go into a hospital without insurance I cannot be turned away.

Which doesn't mean � I found � that you won't be billed.

From Minute One, I kept saying over and over and over "I CAN NOT PAY!" They hauled me away anyway, cut into me, took some pieces out, and billed me. I'm still slump-shouldered under a huge onus of debt to doctors, hospitals, and nursing homes.

Monthly income of $750 doesn't trim that away very fast. I pay whatever I can, whenever I can, and get by on shadow soup made with dehydrated water. I hear that this too will pass away.

Federal law says if I go into a hospital without insurance I cannot be turned away. A state-level mandate does not require me to go, nor does it require me to get healthcare. If I chose to go to the hospital or get heathcare however, I don't get to force Joe and Mary Sixpack to pay for it because I am too much of a deadbeat to buy insurance. The state makes me buy insurance if I am going to go to the hospital, just like they make me have insurnace if I want to drive. If I choose not to drive, fine, no one is forcing me to anymore than they are forcing you to get health care.

I dont see any difference between welfare recipients,illegal aliens
And lowlifes that dont have at least have catastrophic health insurance.
These people all have one thing in common.
They expect someone else...the system...to take care of them.
To pay for them.

You go to a hospital and pay 60 buck for a aspirin....
Your insurance premium cost 1000.00 a quarter.....
Your paying for dipshits that dont have insurance.

Romney with "ronmeycare" is more conservative than most the the re-pub-low-crap party.Because "ronmeycare" makes people take personal responsibility of paying for there own health care cost.

And thats not the way things are working right now

dave

Dave, you absolutely nailed it. The whole point was to eliminate health care free-riders (medical service welfare queens). That is why the conservative Heritate Foundation was so involved in drafting the legislation---because conservatives oppose welfare (except the ones on this site!). The issue is state mandate (completely constitutional) vs. federal mandate (which is not). And guess which candidate has argued for a federal health care mandate? Newt Gingrich!!

Here is a link: http://articles.businessinsider.com...for-health-insurance-single-payer-system
Rob,

Is Romney your "body man"?
The issue is state mandate (completely constitutional) vs. federal mandate (which is not). And guess which candidate has argued for a federal health care mandate? Newt Gingrich!!
So did Romney, before he was against it. The only authentic, proven, uncompromisingly pro-American, Republican candidate, is Ron Paul.
I diden'et read all 6 pages of this crap and I will not waste my time trying.If you eliminate every person that has got some strange nookie, received a BJ from his friends wife wile he is passed out on the couch,. then there is no one eligible to run this fu---ed country left to vote for. grin
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The issue is state mandate (completely constitutional) vs. federal mandate (which is not). And guess which candidate has argued for a federal health care mandate? Newt Gingrich!!
So did Romney, before he was against it. The only authentic, proven, uncompromisingly pro-American, Republican candidate, is Ron Paul.

I mostly agreee---the problem is Ron Paul is unelectable nationally and we have to win this election. That is what it is about---nominating the most conservative electable candidate.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by RWE
Who do you support Rob?

an irritating shill.

Yup
Originally Posted by Hubert
I diden'et read all 6 pages of this crap and I will not waste my time trying.If you eliminate every person that has got some strange nookie, received a BJ from his friends wife wile he is passed out on the couch,. then there is no one eligible to run this fu---ed country left to vote for. grin

The problem of course is that with Newt's baggage in this department, Obama will look like the stable, pro-family, faithful to his wife, candidate and Republicans will be running the anto-family whoremonger. Newt's wife, if she wins, will be the first "home-wrecker" first lady in the history of our country. That is not going to sit well with women voters who think despise cheating husbands.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Exactly! There isn't a one running today that I would like to see elected. However,I will vote for whoever gets the nomination because I do not want another four years of that peice of excrement that resided i the White House. It's time to flush that POS.

Paul B.

So Newt is a big cocksman, so what? The job he is seeking is President, not Pope

I mostly agreee---the problem is Ron Paul is unelectable nationally and we have to win this election. That is what it is about---nominating the most conservative electable candidate.
Not only is he electable nationally, he's likely the only Republican who is, as against Obama. He'd garner virtually all registered Republicans, that's a given. Additionally, he does by far the best among the critical independent voters, not to mention Democrat cross-over voters among the single-issue anti-war and single issue pro-drug-legalization crowd in that party. All together, this spells a Reaganesque landslide.
Well then,given his abyssmal polling numbers and the fact 95% of the voting population thinks he's a kook,I guess we then have to assume it's RP's supporters that have brought down the man.

Former Speaker of the House and GOP presidential front-runner Newt Gingrich backed an individual mandate for health insurance in 2005, a new video shows.

Posted on YouTube yesterday, the video shows Gingrich comparing the individual mandate to welfare reform, saying individuals should have to post a bond if they opt-out of purchasing health insurance. He adds that while he opposes a single-payer system, he believes there should be a 300-million-payer system.

Gingrich also calls for replacing Medicare with a voucher system, along the lines of food stamps.

And re-pub-low-craps call Romney a flipflopper.
Thats actually kinda funny.

people on welfare and people getting free health care are pretty much same same.

Its going to be Newt/Romney ...Romney/Newt not much difference between tham actually.
Could care less whos crank is getting sucked
Ill still go for either or both over the raghead

dave
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I do not want another four years of that peice of excrement that resided i the White House. It's time to flush that POS.

Paul B.

+1

dave
I think we Americans no longer expect that our politicians will have character.

Not only is he electable nationally, he's likely the only Republican who is, as against Obama. He'd garner virtually all registered Republicans, that's a given. Additionally, he does by far the best among the critical independent voters, not to mention Democrat cross-over voters among the single-issue anti-war and single issue pro-drug-legalization crowd in that party. All together, this spells a Reaganesque landslide.

Thats great.
Good to hear it.
Now let RP go and win a primary.
See ya.
Wouldn't wanna be ya.

dave

"Romney with "romneycare" is more conservative than most the the re-pub-low-crap party.Because "ronmeycare" makes people take personal responsibility of paying for there own health care cost."

dave

LOL yah thats why it cost the state of massachewshit so much money.

dave

Tell that to a million little kids in Texas that dont have any coverage at all.
Just keep buyen that 60 dollar a piece aspirin.
And remember massachewshits is run by dim-o-craps.They pass the budgets and set spending.Romney was just a governor.

dave

Former Speaker of the House and GOP presidential front-runner Newt Gingrich backed an individual mandate for health insurance in 2005, a new video shows.

Posted on YouTube yesterday, the video shows Gingrich comparing the individual mandate to welfare reform, saying individuals should have to post a bond if they opt-out of purchasing health insurance. He adds that while he opposes a single-payer system, he believes there should be a 300-million-payer system.

Gingrich also calls for replacing Medicare with a voucher system, along the lines of food stamps.

And re-pub-low-craps call Romney a flipflopper.
Thats actually kinda funny.

people on welfare and people getting free health care are pretty much same same.

Its going to be Newt/Romney ...Romney/Newt not much difference between tham actually.
Could care less whos crank is getting sucked
Ill still go for either or both over the raghead

dave

The difference between Newt and Mitt is that Newt has a web site devoted to �Answering the Attacks� http://www.newt.org/answers

With respect to President Obama�s health insurance mandate, Newt believes it is an unprecedented and unconstitutional expansion of federal power. If the federal government can coerce individuals�by threat of fines�to buy health insurance, there is no stopping the federal government from forcing Americans to buy any good or service. It is a serious and unconstitutional infringement of individual liberty.
With respect to Governor Romney�s mandate, we have observed that it doesn�t achieve its goal of providing low cost catastrophic coverage for the uninsured. The intractable problem we have learned from experience with health insurance mandates is this: once you have a mandate, the government has to specify exactly what coverage must be included in insurance for it to qualify. This introduces political considerations into determining these minimum standards, guaranteeing that nothing desired by the special interests will be left out.
In the 1990s, Newt and many other conservatives, such as the Heritage Foundation, proposed a mandate to purchase health insurance as the alternative to Hillarycare. However, the problems outlined above caused Newt to come to the principled conclusion that a mandate to purchase health insurance was unconstitutional, unworkable and counterproductive to lowering the cost of healthcare.
Today, Newt carries the banner in fighting for the repeal of Obamacare and advocates for a �patient power� replacement that will create a free market framework for healthcare, provide affordable, portable, and reliable healthcare coverage, and establish a healthcare safety net focused on those truly in need. This system moves us towards the goal of healthcare for all with no unconstitutional mandate of any kind.

dave

Mass seems quite happy with the cost---and it is nominal. But what does that have to do with anything? Romney has made it clear it was a state program for Mass and he will repeal Obamacare.
and supported with Fed. $$$$
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Is there a poll going,...who are the top 5, at this time ?

GTC

We might have to make a cut to semis before we can cut to the 5 finalists!

There isn't a top five there is only a top two, Romney and Newt.
At age 16, Newt Gingrich slept with his high school math teacher,

:::SIGH::: I wish that would have happened to me with my 11th grade English Teacher. Hope she had big hooters...

...lucky boy.
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

There isn't a top five there is only a top two, Romney and Newt.

Silly. Those posts were in reference to *Biggest Internet [bleep]*.

You are in the running. wink
The lucky bastard!

One of our math teachers was hot. There wasn't a 16 yo in her class that would have turned down that shot.
Newt got skeeelz.

Da newt-man is a playah!
Originally Posted by tzone
The lucky bastard!

One of our math teachers was hot. There wasn't a 16 yo in her class that would have turned down that shot.

got to figure L'il Newt must have been a slick talker, even back then.

Nothing wrong with The Newt enjoying a little newkie on the side.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I wanted to bang my high school crafts teacher...I did get to smooch with her a little though.

I'm glad you included "her" in that scenario....
At age 16, Newt slept with his high school math teacher....

The most important question is:

Was she hot?
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I'm glad you included "her" in that scenario....

hahahahaha!
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Nothing wrong with The Newt enjoying a little newkie on the side.

Ohhhh....

That's so bad it's good!

laugh
I'm not voting for one of these guys/gals because I want to get into their shorts! I just want someone who can get the country back on the right track and that sure as h**l isn't the lop-eared idiot who currently is hanging out there in the White House! There is no such thing as a perfect person let alone a "perfect Politician"! "Tis time to realize that!
First, I find it laughable for you to call it rape for a 16 year old boy to screw his 26 year old teacher. Give me a break, any "boy" who screwed his teacher and felt like he got raped is not a man.

Secondly, what is wrong with your dumb azzz argument is Newt did the "Honorable" thing and married her.........HELLO! Good Grief!!

As for his aid later, again, he did the honorable thing and married her, at least we know it was love, verses Bill Clinton, Squirting his wad all over the White House, for "SEX".....
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
At age 16, Newt slept with his high school math teacher....

The most important question is:

Was she hot?

eek Hot is not required for a 16 year old boy with hormones running mild. Warm is more likely. GW laugh

Originally Posted by derby_dude

Didn't stop the country from electing Obama, now did it?
Awww Hell, this is obviously a smear tactic.... I bet he didn't sleep at all
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I haven't ever watched that show, but from what I've heard it was loosely based on Newt and Ron Paul.

Sold by weight, not by volume! grin

Sycamore

RJ

Apparently yours stay in a 'wad' with BAD BROWN STAINS on 'em!! Romney is nothing other than an east coast ultra-liberal just about one notch above Obammy!!

The smell in your pants has [bleep] up your mind!!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

RJ

Apparently yours stay in a 'wad' with BAD BROWN STAINS on 'em!! Romney is nothing other than an east coast ultra-liberal just about one notch above Obammy!!

Sharp, your response reminds me of the kind of thing we get from a third grader in an argument at school. That is the level of intelligence you display. Very impressive! And you write like a third grader too.

If you analyze his record, what you see is that Romney governed extremely conservatively in the most liberal state of the union. That is why pro-life, pro-family, pro-business, anti-tax entities there were so happy with him. And of course, about everything he touches he turns around and into pure gold. It would sure be nice to have his golden touch on the economy. I don't think there is a better businessman in America. Bout time we had a proven chanpion of the private sector isn't it? Or do you want the philandering, ego-maniacal career politician we practically booted out of congress the last time? You all realize when we got rid of Newt the last time we could hardly do so fast enough? The entire Republican party was sick and tired of him. But hey, what the heck, he's the flavor of the month and why shouldn't the Republican party run our own Bill Clinton for President! After all, Newt was violating his marital vows with an intern 20+ years his junior while he was trying to impeach Clinton. Hell, we may as well jettison all pre-tense to family values! As some here have put it, "So Newt is a cocksman. Good for him!" So the party that "destroyed the twin relics of barbarism" (polygamy and chattel slavery) can now become the party of the "cocksman President" and who knows what else---maybe mass orgies! Some of you guys just amaze me. Do you even recognize yourselves? Do some of you realize that in justifying Newt's serial adultery, you've actually become apologists for Bill Clinton's worst excesses? So much for principle.

RJ

Sharp, your response reminds me of the kind of thing we get from a third grader in an argument at school. Very impressive!! If you analyze his record, what you see is that Romney governed extremely conservatively in the most liberal state of the union. That is why pro-life, pro-family, pro-business, anti-tax entities were so happy with him. And of course, about everything he touches he turns around and turns into pure gold. It would sure be nice to have his golden touch on the economy. I don't think there is a better businessman in America. Bout time we had a proven chanpion of the private sector isn't it? Or do you want the philandering, ego-maniacal career politician we practically booted out of congress the last time?
Didn't he specialize in taking control of businesses that were in trouble and "busting them out" for a profit, thus screwing the shareholders?

RJ

Sharp, your response reminds me of the kind of thing we get from a third grader in an argument at school. Very impressive!! If you analyze his record, what you see is that Romney governed extremely conservatively in the most liberal state of the union. That is why pro-life, pro-family, pro-business, anti-tax entities were so happy with him. And of course, about everything he touches he turns around and turns into pure gold. It would sure be nice to have his golden touch on the economy. I don't think there is a better businessman in America. Bout time we had a proven chanpion of the private sector isn't it? Or do you want the philandering, ego-maniacal career politician we practically booted out of congress the last time?

LOL how did his golden touch work in Massatwoshits with Ronmey care? What a dumb [bleep]!
Massatwoshits laugh

RJ

Didn't he specialize in taking control of businesses that were in trouble and "busting them out" for a profit, thus screwing the shareholders?

No. But the democrats want you to think that he did. Some companies went south, but the over-all record was phenomenal success.

RJ

LOL how did his golden touch work in Massatwoshits with Ronmey care? What a dumb [bleep]!

Well, the voters in Mass seem to like it. But since its not a national model and unconstitutional on the federal level and since Romney himself haas promised to give 50 state waivers to Obamacare his first day in office and to ultimately repeal it, what is your point? If we don't win this election, Obamacare is here to stay and Newt cannot win this.
and Newt cannot win this.
No, he certainly cannot. If the party nominates him, one must assume that defeat is what they were after.
No, he certainly cannot. If the party nominates him, one must assume that defeat is what they were after.

Both you guys are delusional or you need to come out of that libturd closet..

Both you guys are delusional or you need to come out of that libturd closet..

Uh, partisan and fringe cheerleading aside, a first year poly sci student armed with Newt's record (which basically is an ammo dump/public record loaded with baggage and hypocrisy) could easily predict a blow out by Obama in the general election... the attack adds will write themselves.
Add nailed it. The soccer moms are not exactly going to be lining up to vote for a serial philanderer (the "cocksman" as some of you like to think of him)and much as it may displease some of you to hear it; we are going to need alot of independent and conservative democrat votes to win this thing.
add nailed it.
--------------------

You and that add goofball couldn't nail a free hooker.
add nailed it.

Thanks!
--------------------

and that add goofball couldn't nail a free hooker.

Wow, what a thoughtful rebuttal there... whistle

Name calling and diversion are akin to throwing a gun when bullets are absent.

Next time you could try just to just stomp up and down. It will save any additional effort at the keyboard.
Add nailed it. The soccer moms are not exactly going to be lining up to vote for a serial philanderer (the "cocksman" as some of you like to think of him)and much as it may displease some of you to hear it; we are going to need alot of independent and conservative democrat votes to win this thing.
Yep.
And another great post. smile Add, you're on a roll. It is good to see someone at least try to introduce some of the folks here to simple logic.
Alot of reach arounds tonight. wink
Originally Posted by okok
Careful there, my friend, or I'll post all the supportive PMs you've sent me over the years, despite your confiding in me that you lacked the courage to do so in the open forums. wink
Originally Posted by okok
Careful there, my friend, or I'll post all the supportive PMs you've sent me over the years, despite your confiding in me that you lacked the courage to do so in the open forums. wink

=========================

What a frikken pillow biting,gargalina. "Careful my friend or I'll....". How intimidating. Just saving such old emails shows what little self esteem you possess,spandexter. If you were here, I'd put a foot up your under-achieving,lazy ass if I didn't already know that's one of your favorites.

If you breached a confidential discussion,maybe some folks should then send out your past PM's containing your goofy-assed wrestling pics from high school,eh jerkoff?

Simple POS!
Hey Isaac, he wasn't talking to you, so shut the F&*%# up!
Hey rob jordan,.....get a life and stfu yourself!
And another great post. smile Add, you're on a roll. It is good to see someone at least try to introduce some of the folks here to simple logic.

You mean simple anti American drivel.

Thanks for proving Add's point in spades! Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound? laugh
who he eventually married.

At age 16, Newt Gingrich slept with his high school math teacher, Jackie Battley, whom he eventually married in 1962 when he was 19, and she was 26. Perhaps this sort of thing was accepted with a wink and a nod in the early 1960&#8242;s, but today, we call such behavior �statutory rape� and �inappropriate teacher-student relationships.� There are plenty of female high school teachers languishing in prisons today for exactly the same behavior.

Consider this narrative, which appeared in a 1995 Vanity Faire article about Gingrich:

In the spring of 1977, [Anne Manning, who admitted to a relationship with Gingrich that started during his 1976 campaign] was in Washington to attend a census-bureaus workshop when Gingrich took her to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. He met her back at her modest hotel room. �We had oral sex,� she says. �He prefers that� because then he can say, �I never slept with her.� Indeed, before Gingrich left that evening, she says, he threatened her: �If you ever tell anybody about this, I�ll say you�re lying.�

During that same period, one of Newt Gingrich�s neighbors told the following story about him:

Kip Carter, who lived a few doors down from the couple, saw more than he wanted to. �We had been out working a football game �I think it was the Bowdon game� and we would split up. It was a Friday night. I had Newt�s daughters, Jackie Sue and Kathy, with me. We were all supposed to meet back at this professor�s house. It was a milk-and-cookies kind of shakedown thing, buck up the troops. I was cutting across the yard to go up the driveway. There was a car there. As I got to the car, I saw Newt in the passenger seat and one of the guys� wives with her head in his lap going up and down. Newt kind of turned and gave me his little-boy smile. Fortunately, Jackie Sue and Kathy were a lot younger and shorter then.

Gingrich�s instincts for politics were just as chaotic, disloyal and unprincipled as his personal life. Here are just a few highlights, in no particular order:

During an 8-year period leading up to the housing bubble burst and recession in 2008, Gingrich was paid as much as $1.8 million in �consulting fees� by Freddie Mac during a period when congressional Republicans were demanding more accountability and attempting to reign in their irresponsible lending practices. Critics say Gingrich was a lobbyist, bought and paid for by Freddie Mac, hired to lobby influential Republicans. Gingrich claims he was paid the exhorbitant fees for his �knowledge of history,� and to dispense advice that Freddie Mac did not take.

In November 2003, in support of expanded Medicare entitlements, Gingrich wrote in the Wall Street Journal, �Every conservative member of Congress should vote for this Medicare bill. It is the most important reorganization of our nation�s health-care system since the original Medicare Bill of 1965.�

In April 2007, Gingrich had this to say about Anthropogenic Global Warming, and Cap and Trade: �I think if you have mandatory carbon caps combined with a trading system, much like we did with sulfur, and if you have a tax-incentive program for investing in the solutions, that there�s a package there that�s very, very good. And frankly, it�s something I would strongly support.�

In 2008, Gingrich teamed up with Speaker Nancy Pelosi as part of the �We Can Solve It� global warming ad campaign sponsored by former Vice President Al Gore�s Alliance for Climate Protection, and made this television commercial.

You may also recall that recently (May 2011) Gingrich angered many conservatives by commenting thusly on the Ryan Plan for balancing the federal budget: �I don�t think right wing social engineering is any more desirable than left wing social engineering.�

For those who reject Gov. Mitt Romney over individual health care mandates, Forbes reported the following in May 2011:

In a June 2007 op-ed in the Des Moines Register, Gingrich wrote, �Personal responsibility extends to the purchase of health insurance. Citizens should not be able to cheat their neighbors by not buying insurance, particularly when they can afford it, and expect others to pay for their care when they need it.� An �individual mandate,� he added, should be applied �when the larger health-care system has been fundamentally changed.�

Lest you think that this was a one-time slip up on Newt�s part or some misunderstanding of biblical proportion, think again. Gingrich has been pushing individual mandates as a matter of individual responsibility ever since he joined up with Hillary Clinton in 2005 in a bi-partisan effort to solve the growing health care problem in the United States. As recently as 2008, in Gingrich�s book, �Real Change�, Newt called for everyone earning above a defined income level to be obligated to buy health care insurance or post a bond to guarantee their ability to pay for their care should they fall ill.

Bottom line: Newt Gingrich�s personal, financial, and political life have been one long train wreck. He has shown again and again a total disregard for any semblance of loyalty to his three spouses, the Republican party, or even to his religion. Anyone who can reject a good man like Governor Mitt Romney as the GOP nominee, and throw their support behind a cad like Newt Gingrich needs to take a long hard look at their own scruples, and their unfathomable reasons for doing so.

Wow, Newt has really got you spooked, I think we've found the right guy.
Rob is an irrelevant idiot and attention Ho'.

A collective ignore is in order.

word.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Wow, Newt has really got you spooked, I think we've found the right guy.
He's only the right guy if your intention is another four years of the liar in chief.
I think any long tern politician has a lot of baggage., It's the nature of that game. They think the rules don't apply to them. Integrety isn't always the most important attribute. Look at Jimmy Carter. The media has given Obama a walk in this area, while trying to tear anyone else apart.

Really nothing, just...

Fish.
Barrel.

Exhibit A grin
© 24hourcampfire