Home
Posted By: ruger243223 .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
I am looking at accurizing a model 7 stainless action. I am wanting to build a 260 for 1000yd shooting. I have been doing a lot of reading, does anyone here have some input or things to do that will help me out. What barrel length? What brand barrel? What scope do you like for this kind of setup. Also, will a 22inch barrel be more accurate than a 26 or 28. And is 4-6inches really worth it? This is my first long range build, my friend is a smith and he is also building one he has more experience than I do but I want real opinions from guys that have the guns. I am planning on using a McSwirly A5 for a stock. So any help or information will be great. HAPPY HUNTING
Posted By: 65BR Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
I would do 24-26 to keep speeds high w/heavies and blast down given range work. Accuracy? Likely same/same in a heavier contour you will be using, stiff either way. I'd be leaning on a 700 if you want to use a factory Rem action, if not a Tikka T3. Stock options a plenty in 700, not so much in 7.

Scope subjective, but you want quality glass, high zoom of course. High end Leupold and Nightforce would be good to go.

Many quality barrels, Bartlein, Krieger, Lilja, on and on. A good smith is as/more important. 8 twist would be preferred, no slower than 8.5 ROT.
Posted By: GonHuntin Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
I'd sell/trade the Model Seven and build on a 700��.they aren't making stainless sevens any longer, seems like a shame to take such a sought after compact rifle and completely change it��I had the same option��I kept the Seven as is and built on a stainless 700��.
Posted By: ruger243223 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
Thanks for the info, we both have donor model 7 actions already so we are going to use those. I have a couple customs on 700s but don't have any donors right now. What bullet would you recommend looking at the sierra matchking for now, might try the amax from hornady but I really haven't had much luck with hornady. Thanks and HAPPY HUNTING
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
If you're going to use it as a repeater, the 6.5 Creedmoor was designed to facilitate the use of longer/heavier bullets without running into any COAL issue with the magazine.

While I don't shoot at 1,000 yards, I have a Savage 11 in 260 with a heavy 26" Shilen barrel that regularly shoots MOA or better at 600 yards. If that bullet is seated to the bottom of the case neck, the resulting cartridge is too long to feed from the magazine. I think that using the 6.5 Creedmoor would eliminate that problem, but I haven't played with the 6.5 Creedmoor, so I can say from experience.

Jeff
Posted By: 65BR Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
123 SMK and Scenar
130/140 Berger
142 SMK
139 Scenar

Creedmoor and 140 Amax factory loads are making many happy...
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
I'm using a M7 action for a 6.5X47 Lapua build. I'll report back when I test it out.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
Use a 700.

Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/11/13
I'd be more than a touch dubious,of ANY "Smith" who suggested a Seven for the application,as there's no redeeming "advantages" inherent and it is indeed a series of concession(s). Sounds like your "Smith's" "experience" revolves around SuperSoakers. Run Forrest...run.Hint.

700 is the way to go,as one can largely do as he pleases in regards to throat/COAL latitude harmony and repeat...that either massaged nether regions or DBM. I'd personally go DBM,but that is a subjective determination as there may be some who think more highly of a Wyatt box,than I. Obviously,700 bottom options more than abound. Hint.

I prefer shorter tubes,due their versatility in applications separate from playing Range Queen. Nailing good balance and better handling,is a breeze with modest spout length and an impossibility with extended tubes. I'll trade a coupla clicks of erector dope at 1K,for them attributes and HAPPILY. Hint.

Never heard of an A5.

Posted By: ruger243223 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
would trust my smith with my life. he has been building rifles for many many years and has shot competition for years. We have model 7s laying around and we don't have any 700s. Yes we would rather use a 700 but going to try a 7 and see what we can come up with. As for the A5 it is a Mcmillan stock on their website. HAPPY HUNTING
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
Interesting approach,in that he's an incredibly slow learner and that you are even dumber than he...so you've aligned your Stupidity to make certain it's going to be a Goat [bleep]. Congratulations?!?

I have heard of Macmillen stocks,but never seen one. Are they not the plastic ones? I have no use for plastic stocks where I am,because they are no good in the wet or cold.

Why do you ask questions and refuse the facts? Are you blonde?

Get a walnut stock...and talk to a 'Smith with at least a FIRST clue.

Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
I love how some people want "real" opinions, but don't like it when it isn't what they want to hear.
I have contacted the Moderator,in regards to her teasing me about stocks.
Posted By: Seafire Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
just go with a one in 8 twist....9's can be borderline with some of the longer heavier bullets...

I have found that what was told to me by the Sierra Techs is pretty much true.... their match bullets are the most accurate in the 2800 to 2950 fps MV range....

can't tell ya about Scenars as I haven't shot those...

you want a professional opinion on 6.5s... the man to ask is ScenarShooter...
Posted By: kevinJ Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
I am not doubting that previous advice is not sound advice. We all know a 700 would be a better choice as far as options available. No one is doubting that. If that's the case then why not buy a custom action. He has a model 7 action laying around to use, an that is what he and his smith want to use. He also never asked you about actions. No reason he shouldn't or can't use the action as long as he realizes that his options on stocks are limited, as well as configuration. If he doesn't plan on using a DBM no big deal. No accuracy or function difference between the two. Not sure how his smith's integrity is based upon wanting to build a gun out of a spare action already on hand.
Pretty easy to purchase or make a "For Sale" sign and move the concession(s),in order to reap inherent advantages. I've never seen a Model Seven and am unaware if stocks are available for it,after market...especially one of them Macmillen's he seems to get excited about.

I stand "corrected" in regards to the DBM's use on the S/A 700,as I was under the impression they allowed a nice increase in COAL latitude,which is an issue separate of feed/function. Perhaps the OEM confines are longer and I was mistaken?! Aren't LR bullets of increased length,or do they just weigh more? My bad,as I'm new at this stuff and trying to learn too.

As an aside,are you her blonde haired "Gunsmith"? Your keen insight is appreciated,as you are very obviously steeped in these matters.

Might you have some pictures of the wares you get to partake? Perhaps you'd feel inclined to muse some of their particulars?

Thanks!

Posted By: 1flier Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
I've never heard of anyone building around a 7 that wanted to do it a second time. Maybe I need to get out more.

1flier
Posted By: kevinJ Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
The model 7 is based on the 600 action. It saves a few ounces, which would help in a light weight build, but I believe it is only a 2 or 3 ounce difference( not positive on this). No advantage to a long range rifle and you are right boxer it is really a series of concessions as far as accessories and aftermarket options. Mcm inlets many stocks for the model 7 as does manners and others I believe. I have one in 243 that has been very accurate for a factory pencil barreled gun with a tuperwear stock. Slg888 has seen it shoot. It doesn't compare to one of his gradous rifles. The 7 and 700 have same box length at around 2.85 I believe. I' am not a smith, and I am rather new to the custom gun arena. I have been reading your posts on this forum because you guys are knowledgable. Not looking for a argument or to start a flaming on this. I just see that for his application the seven action could work and he has one already. His smith may just want to so something different for a change. Other than the obvious aftermarket availability of parts what advantage does a 700 have over a 7 action?(serious question)
Seven could work.

700 will work, with aics dbm.

Its not like he's handcuffed to the seven. I know I could flip it and have a 700 action in less than a week.
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
Just because someone chooses to use something other then a "PREFERRED ACTION" does not make them a slow learner or stupid.
If he choices a rout less traveled that is his business,he asked about barrel length and such.......

If it were my gun , use as long a barrel as possible,28-30" with a 1-8" twist and throat it long for high b.c. 123-142 class bullets. And forget trying to get them to fit in the magazine. I have had good success with 130 gr. bergers in my 30" Kreiger barreled L.A. 700. And Reloder 17 pushes them WAY faster then I anticipated......

That being said, if I had a Seven on hand I would build it into a light carry gun ......... smile
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
Originally Posted by 1flier
I've never heard of anyone building around a 7 that wanted to do it a second time. Maybe I need to get out more.

1flier

I'm on my 3rd. A 700 would have done fine for any of them, but i had 7's on hand when i decided to do all three.

The concessions don't bother me as i wouldn't benefit for the 700s lack of said concessions.
Hey Boxer, your rants and name calling are grade school and your opinion means nothing to me if you are 12 that is ok but most adults won't call names and really I don't need to read the crap anyway. We have 7 action laying around and are going to see if they will work. We have a lot work first before we do it too make sure they will if not a 700 it will be. Oh and yes I am blonde!!!!!! Not sure I am dumb yes JIM can read!!!!!!. Anyway these rifles are not even started yet as we are making sure everything will work if not we will go another way. HAPPY HUNTING
M700 aics dbm = 3.000"+ coal.
M7 mag = 2.800"
140 VLD = 1.42"
.260 rem case = 2.035"

Any of this making sense?
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
If you're dead set on using a Model Seven, a 6.5 Creedmoor would be a better choice than a 260. If you want a 260, sell the action and buy a 700.
makes sense, we just had them laying around so wanted to use them. If it won't work we will get 700s. Wasn't trying to start a pissing match, just wanted to see if it was possible and if anyone has done it. Thanks for the info. HAPPY HUNTING
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
There'd be a lot of guys on the is very board that would buy a stainless Seven off you in an instant (I would if I have the cash). Depending on caliber and sales at the time, you could net two 700 actions for the price of selling the Seven stainless.

I love Sevens, but not for a range gun that you might want a DBM, readily available and changeable stocks, or other doodads. A Seven is making it hard on yourself.
I still can't figure out why Remington doesn't make a stainless model 7 anymore. Mine is a 243 with about 30rds down the tube with the camo stock. I am not going to sell it as they will probably never make another one. I will just have to buy a model 700 action I see brownells has them in stock. Thanks for all the info wish the model 7 would of worked but it is going to be fun no matter what. HAPPY HUNTING
I can't figure out how a gunsmith didn't explain that this wasn't a good idea to begin with.

Posted By: pacecars Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
I gotta agree with selling the 7 with the prices they are bringing and getting a 700 and put the extra funds into other areas of the project
We were looking to see if they made an aftermarket DBM for a model 7. We kind of knew first that we might have some problems with COAL. That is why I asked some questions to see if anyone had done it. We have never done a model 7 yet we have a couple 17 fireballs that we are waiting for shilen barrels to get here and they are model 7 actions that we accurized. Maybe that was a bad idea also, but guess we will find out. Like I said we just wanted to see if anyone had done it and if it worked out. HAPPY HUNTING
Posted By: joejo Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
i have built a mid range gun on a model 7 stainless action. finding a stock was the most frustrating part of the build. of course you can have any custom stock inletted for anything but i was looking for a "bolt on". i chose an xr100 laminate thumbhole and had the bottom metal inletted for the repeater action. it is using a rem varmint contour barrel in 1-8 twist. its primarily a varmint gun now but i still have no regrets. it was my first "long range" build and its what was in the cabinet.

i have alot of experience with the 260. shooting the 123 class of bullets provides a bit more long range performance than shooting the heavies bc you can get alot more speed. as a result, barrel life suffers, but barrels are consumable.

Posted By: joejo Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/12/13
my current f-class gun is a 260. i think the longer the barrel the better as long as its heavy enough to be stiff. i shoot 28 inch #17's. a 123 scenar at 3050-3100fps is the cats pajamas. also with the 123 you can feed from the mag if you use a wyatts extended box.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/13/13
Originally Posted by ruger243223
We were looking to see if they made an aftermarket DBM for a model 7. We kind of knew first that we might have some problems with COAL. That is why I asked some questions to see if anyone had done it. We have never done a model 7 yet we have a couple 17 fireballs that we are waiting for shilen barrels to get here and they are model 7 actions that we accurized. Maybe that was a bad idea also, but guess we will find out. Like I said we just wanted to see if anyone had done it and if it worked out. HAPPY HUNTING

seriously?
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/13/13
Poor [bleep] is beyond STUPID and his "Gunsmith" is yet another clueless Dumbfhuck.

Just plain WOW. This schit cracks me up.

Fair to middlin' day...yarded on Chrome and (4) new scopes hit the Mail,all of which is 6x's.

Posted By: Kaleb Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/13/13
I guess I wouldn't pick a seven. I was given a seven by paw paw. I put a mountain rifle 708 takeoff on it. Need to order a stock real bad for it but ain't yet...well actually I did once and guns got stole and cancelled order. Good guys caught bad guys and got guns back.

If my seven was a 700 it might get new barrel new stock talleys a scope with a turret. My seven got/ will get same. So in my case it was same/same. If I could sell seven for more money than 700 I would....but I won't sell mine cause paw paw is dead and he won't be getting me anymore rifles.

Is there another difference I've not seen? When ordering stock I will go adl and open up rear screw hole in tang.
Posted By: wildone Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/13/13
what are the ss 7's pulling in theses days?
Posted By: Adamjp Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
There is some ignorance being put out in this thread. The Model 7 is a 700 all the way to the back of the magazine box, from there it is shorter everywhere. This means the magazine length is exactly the same as a SA Rem700. It is not built 'off a 600', it is a shortened design of the 700 and to many is a more suitable offering for a hunting rifle.

Whilst I wouldn't build a target rifle on one, it won't be any more, or less, successful than a 700 based build.

Now, the best hunting stock I've found is the Wildcat Composites Carbon stock. It weighs in at a real world 16oz out of the box, a whole 18oz with bedding, painting and a flipflop recoil pad.

I built a Model 7 7/08 last year which went 6lb 5oz with a Kahles CL 2-7 on it. A friend liked it so much I'm currently finishing off a Model 7 based 260 for him which will go sub 6lb with the Leupold 2-7 Lightweight he has chosen, some fluting of the bolt and minimal paint.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
You realize the aftermarket mag box designs long enough to allow a 260 to work properly with VLD bullets won't fit a Remington Model Seven?
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
You realize the aftermarket mag box designs long enough to allow a 260 to work properly with VLD bullets won't fit a Remington Model Seven?

Yep sure do.

Didn't talk about the aftermarket ones though did I?
Posted By: FVA Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
Wow.
Some good information offered but as is often typical. Most questions are only seeking affirmation, not answers.
Another M7 issue is that some after market triggers lower front corner hits the floor plate.
1flier summed it up well with,"I've never heard of anyone building around a 7 that wanted to do it a second time."
I'd be in that group
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
I'm enjoying these stupid [bleep] who shoot the least,tryin' to talk 'em purty.(grin)

Besides the COAL concessions and bottom "metal" concessions...you'da' thunk someone woulda mentioned the best favor you can do any scope and that is max latitude in ring spacing...which is yet another area in which the Seven is mechanically slighted.

Do you think someone will be [bleep] stupid enough,to try and "brag" up a Kahles 2-7 or a Leupie 2-7. Mebbe I'll get lucky and they'll be dumb enough to try and talk boolits,comeups and POA/POI intersection downrange,as a means of quantifying the melding of twist,case length,boolit length,COAL and throat geometry. Nawwww...I'd bet they'll stay shut right the [bleep] up.(grin) Pictures would be funnier than [bleep]!

The reaffirmation(s) is really workin' well.

Laffin'!

Posted By: twofish Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
Originally Posted by wildone

So no one ever responded to this fellows question. Regardless of your opinion of a 7 for a build what is a stainless in good shape worth today since they are no longer made?

twofish
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
Originally Posted by Adamjp

Yep sure do.

You should be..
Posted By: 65BR Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
Built a M7 - once. Worked well. Used factory deluxe stock. Pillar n glass bedded.
Would I repeat? Not likely at all. Far more latitude in 700s... ie user friendly parts etc.

Re: weight. Scope choice. Barrel contour. Stock choice (hmmmm less options) all make +\- a few ounces diff

Value? Whatever a buyer will pay = selling price.
Resale in a build? Likely less liquid n less $$$ on a 7.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13

Yep sure do.

JFC. Good luck getting a Model Seven to be "no more or less successful than a 700" when it won't feed proper 260 ammo. Building it as a single shot means a specialized, useless rifle for any form of practical use.

Other problems include a pissant rear action screw that will need opened up. Many Model Sevens only have 3 scope mount screws, which will need remedied. Like Stick mentioned, the scope mounting latitude is severely limited as well.

If you're building a lw rifle, maybe these problems won't seem like a big deal. But for a heavier, long range type build, which is the entire point of this thread......these are details which make a Model Seven a poor choice indeed.
Posted By: nimrod1949 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
Originally Posted by twofish

So no one ever responded to this fellows question. Regardless of your opinion of a 7 for a build what is a stainless in good shape worth today since they are no longer made?

twofish

$550-650 depending on chambering and how fast you want to sell. 223s and 260s seem to bring a little more.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
Boxer is right no doubt as well as loco. The gun will have limitations for the intended use, some may be severe limitations if not a single shot rifle. My point was he seemed to be aware of this and would rather not have the ill mannered comments. constructive criticism would be received much better than name calling. . As for the op you should call Cameron at Murphy precision to have rail built for the action. He built one for me recently. Great turn around and fit/ finish is superb. Sometimes it's not what you say but rather how it is said.
Posted By: twofish Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
Originally Posted by twofish

twofish

$550-650 depending on chambering and how fast you want to sell. 223s and 260s seem to bring a little more.

Thanks, I have one and was jsut curious.
Originally Posted by Boxer
I'm enjoying these stupid [bleep] who shoot the least,tryin' to talk 'em purty.(grin)

Besides the COAL concessions and bottom "metal" concessions...you'da' thunk someone woulda mentioned the best favor you can do any scope and that is max latitude in ring spacing...which is yet another area in which the Seven is mechanically slighted.

Do you think someone will be [bleep] stupid enough,to try and "brag" up a Kahles 2-7 or a Leupie 2-7. Mebbe I'll get lucky and they'll be dumb enough to try and talk boolits,comeups and POA/POI intersection downrange,as a means of quantifying the melding of twist,case length,boolit length,COAL and throat geometry. Nawwww...I'd bet they'll stay shut right the [bleep] up.(grin) Pictures would be funnier than [bleep]!

The reaffirmation(s) is really workin' well.

Laffin'!

Boxer. You are an arrogant ass.

Take a look here where I documented my Model 7 Ultralight Build

Since then I've upsized to the Low Talleys from the XLows and the Kahles has gone on. It added a couple of ounces, but the image is far better than anything else in it's size. The scope mounting length of the Model 7 is not particularly shorter than the Rem700 SA. Think about it for half a second and the gracious thing to do is apologise. But you won't, because you are arrogant.

Since being finished my rifle has accounted for two deer, and easily a dozen pigs. I only use it when I'm going up the steep hills, I prefer my heavier but handier Ruger No.1 for general walking about hunting.

The 260 I'm finishing off will be used on the local deer and the wild pigs. Might even get a go on some larger critters with the 155gn Lapua Mega. You can see the layout of the Model 7 260 in the attached picture.

I wouldn't use a Model 7 for a heavyweight rig, and if you are intent on throwing the VLD type bullets it would also not be my choice. I would probably go with a Rem700 clone, or a Howa action.

Don't talk the Model 7 down because they don't make a good basis for your pretend sniper rifle, most of us have grown up, passed that stage, and hunt with rifles that we kill with at normal hunting ranges. For walkabout hunting in the hills (not sitting in a treestand waiting for something to come by) only a fool carries more weight than they need to. The Model 7 does make a good basis for your normal hunting rifle, you know those ranges between 50 and 300 where most shots are taken on normal game.

Attached picture Barrelled Action SM.jpg
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/14/13
Yep.... I can see Larry now.... in a treestand.... with a pretend sniper rifle.... trying to finally kill that deer....

How'd it go again 'stick?.... "Get Some" from the middle of a golf course....

Yep sure do.

JFC. Good luck getting a Model Seven to be "no more or less successful than a 700" when it won't feed proper 260 ammo. Building it as a single shot means a specialized, useless rifle for any form of practical use.

Other problems include a pissant rear action screw that will need opened up. Many Model Sevens only have 3 scope mount screws, which will need remedied. Like Stick mentioned, the scope mounting latitude is severely limited as well.

If you're building a lw rifle, maybe these problems won't seem like a big deal. But for a heavier, long range type build, which is the entire point of this thread......these are details which make a Model Seven a poor choice indeed.

I agree with you that a Model 7 is not the best choice for a VLD throwing long range build - but play the ball, not the player. The idea is not good, but there is nothing wrong with the rifle for it's intended purpose.

FWIW "Proper 260 ammunition" will fit in the magazine box. It is manufactured to the SAAMI specification and the Remington magazine box allows plenty of length for that.

Optimised 260 ammunition (like VLD handloads) won't. Same can be said about ANY of the 308 based cartridges. If you want to throw a VLD, you need more magazine length to get the velocity you want (or use a different case).

The rear action screw works fine, as long as you realise that you don't torque it down like the thicker screws (any fool should realise that).
The single rear scope base hole also works fine, in fact the two holes of the Model 700 offer no advantage if you are going to use a single piece scope base like a Picatinney rail or DNZ.
Posted By: FVA Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/15/13
It is one thing to use a M7 as it came from the factory or for cartridges whose bullet selection doesn't challenge the COAL constraints.
But the OP wants to build a a 1000 yard, A5 stocked, 260 Rem. rig.
Putting all that money onto smith work, custom tube,stock, and likely trigger into a M7 with the issues out lined here not good sense.
He would be money ahead dumping the rifle for $400- and putting it towards a $700- SS donor 700.
Of course there are better ways than that even.
But starting with as M7 with the goal out lined is akin to hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. His smith should know that.
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/15/13
'jp,

You poor,poor clueless kchunt. Your dumbfhucktitude is beyond impressive,just who in the [bleep] dresses you in the morning and chews your food for you?!?

I'm simply afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and kudos on the amount of Stupidity it takes you to think you've a [bleep] clue,about anything. THAT is [bleep] funny! You "hard chargers" in The Paper Hat Brigade,crack me the [bleep] up.

Here's a gem,from minutes ago! You'll wanna hit "reply" as it's a [bleep] peach,from yet another consummate Do Nothing Kchunt.

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to your next Whine and yet another Tutorial on your incredible Dumbfhucktitude.

Wow +P+!

'shooter,

Slow day today...on the Golf Course.(grin) Just where do these clueless dumbfhucks come from?!? Wow!

Made a purty good shot outta the Tree Stand too,given the compound angles and lead requisite. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Had time to take a coupla wannabe "Sniper Rifles"to the Car Wash too,after stretchin' em out to 1200+,in less than favorable conditions.(grin)

Everyone knows it's all about Bull Barrels!

[Linked Image]

Fair to middlin' day.

FVA,

Save your breath,the poor dumb kchunt ain't got enough sense,to make any sense. Though it is a right proper Dichotomy.

Hell...I'd go so far as to say I've even shot a Model Seven.

Once.(grin)
Posted By: Adamjp Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/15/13
Boxer, I think you just reinforced my first point more than any of your own.
"Thinking" is not your longsuit,you incredibly dumb [bleep].

You'd do well to shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same.

Hint.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/15/13
Appears to be a pair of SS 3-9's in the wash.... must say, it's my favorite glass lately. Just got this one last week, it hasn't needed washed yet....

[Linked Image]

Interestingly enough, the above stick is a 700 in .260.... running 123 Skinnies at 2950, loaded to sucks mag length.... feeds fine, kills schitt dead as [bleep], and is dead nutz regardless of conditions. Had the pipe... and an M7 available.... still tripped it and built on a 700. But hey, that's too easy an answer for this topic....
They's actually 6x SS Fixed [bleep] in R&D Mode,which I received yesterday. The 10x's are back ordered and with luck,I'll have a trio of them soon...if only as extrapolation to the 6x's. Fixed glass,has long made me warmest and fuzziest.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I never can remember for certain,but I've mighta done did XP's,600's,7's and 700's in a couple/few blueprints,but all this stuff is confusin'.(grin)

One of these days I may even try me one of them there MacMullen's and see what the fuss is about.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/15/13
Dig the 10s and 12s.... can't love the 6s.... but that's me.

Funny.... all I hear from the shoot-littles is crickets all of a sudden.... par for the course I recon...
I'll always take a 6x for Utility,can drive a 10x in some niche applications,have 12x's and 16x's too(all Leupie). Pass the 6x.(grin)

It is a curious constant,that those who Whine the most...do the least and I get a [bleep] kick outta their extolling those very facts,obliviously. FUNNY schit! The poor OP is a [bleep] idiot,his "Gunsmith" is a [bleep] idiot,then more idiots are jumping at the chance to chime in to reiterate how very [bleep] stupid the notion is. Hilarious!

'Nother slow day here,draggin' huge "Sniper Rifles" around in the sunshine,screaming "Get some!" across the Golf Course.(grin)

[Linked Image]

It's ALL about the contour.

Laffin'!

What is the IceTucky? I'm assuming a 223 by the fit of the rear Talley's on the receiver.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/16/13
Almost a WWI dazzle camo job..

I'm going to do one of those on a rifle sometime.
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/16/13
Ice Ice Baby is in fact a Montucky 223. I let folks shoot mine and everybody starts ordering like rifles...funny how that works.(grin) A certain Blue Montucky 223,nudged this pard over the edge,once he saw how it do in OEM guise. He also ordered his with the Cow Barrel contour,direct from Kimber and there's DEFINITELY sumptin' to it.(grin)

'Baby too wears a dab bedded lug and a leetle pressure point and is just plain STUPID with 62TSX and it's 6x42. Pard [bleep] up and shot the BBMFER today with the 6x Fixed [bleep] and Hornie 75HPBT's and will be ordering another rifle and glass,that follows suit. He's built (2) 243AI's and has a 22-250AI headed back from The Plumber,all of which is 700 based for some [bleep] reason.(grin) His next 22-250AI will be a full blown Dick Rifle on a Montucky,wearing a Lilja 8",in like contour/length. Also drives a 7-08 S/S Guide Gun flingin' 162's.

These guys talk me into all sorts of stuff.(grin)
I just got another (308). This thing has more holes and flutes than I ever thought possible on a rifle. It'll get a good workout in the next few weeks before I form a real opinion....

[Linked Image]
Ran into another pard at the gas pump this AM and he said he's wanting out of his Ascent 308,because it's a [bleep] 308(doesn't shoot flat enough). He doesn't load and wants no part of it and is flingin' "Spirit Of The Wild" 165's(because I DID ask) and I laughed my azz off!

Will offer up more contour and case capacity in trade,as he wants to swing by and funger [bleep] my schit...to make sure he gets to where he thinks he needs to be.(grin)

I'd go 6x42 M1 too and fling a few Skinners,for giggles,if only to say I'd done it. Then I'd yank the spout and go 243AI for the Win.(grin)

He doesn't know how close he is to perfection....treat him fair! Trade him something with a belt.

I do wish the Kimbers had a bit more box.
I'm nearly outta belts and L/A's both,for some reason.(grin)

Tough to really trump a 308,if forced to slum Factory Fodder...though a Montucky 243Win would undoubtedly make things easier for him,the way he is trying to do it. I told him I'd SawZall the brake and it's threads off,then have it gunning Skinners into a half-inch in no time.(grin)

Montucky boxes are GTG,though their throating can be proud,thus the appeal of a Custom spout/throat/twist aboard said platform. Never have had a throat that was "too short",but have suffered many dozens of too long ones by many Makers.

I keep thinkin' there's sumptin' to be said for throat/twist/COAL harmony.(grin)

Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/16/13

Montucky boxes are GTG,though their throating can be proud,thus the appeal of a Custom spout/throat/twist aboard said platform. Never have had a throat that was "too short",but have suffered many dozens of too long ones by many Makers.

I keep thinkin' there's sumptin' to be said for throat/twist/COAL harmony.(grin)

HAHA so true...my 84M in .308 is jumpin' the bullets a fair piece cause of the mag box.

Still looking for a decent deal on another 84M Montana for a rebarrel to a 260 but having it made up so I'll actually be able to reach the lands at mag length just like you're saying. So don't be buying up all the Montanas now...let some of them make it a bit further north! smile
I can see the Montucky Dick Rifle and 243AI...both catching right the [bleep] on.
Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/16/13
haha Indeed! Love my little .308, but my wife isn't a fan of the .308 win shooting 200 NPTs in a 5.5 pound scoped rifle. So a 260 might be more to her liking.

Of course I could just get a clone .308 and keep running the 130 TTSXs too, but thats too simple wink
Posted By: Stevil Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13
Wow Boxer it's really all about YOU !!

Now I thought I'd seen some real pole smokers on various forum's over the years, but the way you blow your own trumpet and belittle others, you'd take 1st, 2nd and 3rd place !!

Now I dont normal do the freudian analysis thing, but I'm detecting some real detachment issue's with you boxer ?? care to share ? If I had to guess, I'd say you were pulled off the nipple too quickly ? either that or your just an angry lonely child, filled with hatred at how you pathetic existance has turned out.

Stavros ( GRIN B-)

Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13
Originally Posted by Stevil

[Linked Image]

Posted By: scenarshooter Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13
New fish.....grin!
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13

Now I thought I'd seen some real pole smokers on various forum's over the years, but the way you blow your own trumpet and belittle others, you'd take 1st, 2nd and 3rd place !!

Now I dont normal do the freudian analysis thing, but I'm detecting some real detachment issue's with you boxer ?? care to share ? If I had to guess, I'd say you were pulled off the nipple too quickly ? either that or your just an angry lonely child, filled with hatred at how you pathetic existance has turned out.

Stavros ( GRIN B-)

Teaching 4th graders about Freud... [bleep] public schools....

Go wash the sand outta your VJ..... then sit back down on the couch and regale the man. Though I suggest treading litely, so as to not look the complete fool.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13
'Nother slow day here,draggin' huge "Sniper Rifles" around in the sunshine,screaming "Get some!" across the Golf Course.(grin)

this is some funny schit right here, i am laffin and re-laffin. dont forget the "tactical vest" with extra "clips"
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13
Stevil,

Didn't mean to horn you up and I'll feign my "surprise" that you felt compelled to Register,so you could come crashing out of the closet and [bleep] Whine. Why is it that you Day Dreaming Do Nothing Drooling Dumbfhucks who do the least,Whine the most?!? Please feel free to stomp your itty-bitty feet and perhaps even hold your breath and really make a "stand". Laffin'!

Exceedingly good call to flaunt your burgeoning Estrogen Levels,go +P+ Vagina Monologue and never utter a even a single [bleep] word about the crux. Interesting Dichotomy,that as amazingly [bleep] stupid as you Windowlickers are...you KNOW better than try that. Bless your heart.

Looking forward to your next Whine and the fascinating accountings of all the things you've almost done,all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Cheer up however...noone can make you a dumber [bleep] than you can,so you've got that "going" for you. Laffin'!

Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Knock it outta da Park and hang a pic of your Seven(s). Laffin'!

'Loco,

She can only do the best she can,with what incredibly [bleep] little she has to work with.

Pat,

I think I'm on the ropes.

Laffin'!

'shooter,

Don't go swiping her Imagination or her Pretend away,as she'd have nothing left and that'd be mean.(grin)

'dawg6,

Don't go mocking a Tactical Vest,as that's a line you don't wanna cross.

Laffin'!
Posted By: aalf Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13

Great...now you went and got stevil all horned up....

[Linked Image]
Boxer ya not that special, been registered awhile, a casual reader.

Do you really have such a low opinion of your mother and other females, that you feel the need to be derogatory to towards all of them ?

aalf it would take alot more for me to get a boner.

Boxer is just classic woman hating Bully, Yep you do a disservice to the 24hr Campfire and all its members. Im wondering how many more times you can use Kchunt ? Im sure you'll exceed my expectations, please dont disappoint !

Can you even respond without all this white faced niga talk ?

Casual reader.... why throw your helmet in the ring and take a shot now? Aside from the obvious entertainment value your ignorance provides the test of us....
Why not stand up and challenge an offensive bully dogshooter ? Entertainment value aside, I've always enjoyed reading 24hr CFire so I like to see it continue in a friendly positive manner. Boxer enjoys a pissing competition which I have not intention of continuing.
Posted By: RDW Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13
I am certain only metrosexuals would get uptight at the use of the word khcunt.
Posted By: PennDog Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13
Why not stand up and challenge an offensive bully dogshooter ? Entertainment value aside, I've always enjoyed reading 24hr CFire so I like to see it continue in a friendly positive manner. Boxer enjoys a pissing competition which I have not intention of continuing.

Primarily because it is just not worth it.... cool

I'd rather laugh at idiots who try....

You twat-cicles should all get together and start the "Save the internet from Larry" foundation....
Posted By: SLM Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13

Dam, that sounds familiar.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/17/13
Been here 18 months, 3 posts and all about Boxer.....? Nah...can't be
Posted By: R_Walter Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/18/13

Stavros ( GRIN B-)

+1
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/18/13
Stevil,

Admittedly,I do not know why you are such a Clueless Kchunt,but I reckon it due to the ratio of grey matter,if only as starters. Then there's how "much" you "do". Conjoin outright [bleep] Stupidity with Do Nothingness and shake(or stir) and the results will reliably be a Whining Do Nothing Kchunt,as you so eloquently attest.

I reckon I'm plum flattered,that you felt compelled to come clean to me and reiterate your Do Nothing Dumbfhuckery with a Vagina Monologue Whine,as you crashed through the closet. Congratulations?!? You are doing "great".

Fascinating to me,that your doing your best and falling well shy of even below average,rates in your pinpointed head as making a "stand"?!? Now THAT is some seriously [bleep] funny schit!

Looking forward to your next Whine...as you stand proud.

Wow +P+!!

RDW,

Whiners will ALWAYS find reason(s) to Whine.

Ask her what she does for a vocation and a picture of herself,if only to connect them dots.(grin)

Penn',

Cheer up,I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and that is reliably hard on Do Nothing Dumbfhucker's Imaginations and Pretend.

You'll wanna take notes and apply same.

Hint.

'shooter,

Let the gals try and be the first Do Nothing Kchunts to Whine themselves happy.

WTF else can The Do Nothing Gang do...besides Whine?!? Laffin'!

Luckily for them,Imagination and Pretend are free,if only because it's all they've got.(grin)

SLM,

I cain't know which is funnier,when they Pretend to live..or Pretend to die?!? Tough [bleep] call.

Laffin'!

'Finn,

There ain't no slighting her taste in men!

'Walter,

You Whining Kchunt...you were gonna "tell" me "all" about your Swifts and their "advantages",what happened?!? Laffin'!

Shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same. Thank me later.

Hint.

Or wax eloquent on your Seven(s).

Laffin'!

Posted By: Stevil Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/18/13
Wow you keep on delivering, where were you the other day when I needed a village idiot ? Just 1 question boxer and I ll leave you be, do you actually own a Mod Seven in 260 Rem or have you ever even owned a 260 Rem ?
Posted By: PennDog Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/18/13
Jesus Boxer you are right and I took notes from your infinite wisdom and unparalleled worldly experience...I am truly humbled in your presence....and I do not think I could bear it if we could'nt be friends sleep

This is what I came up with my build on a Model 7 this evening, while assimilating all your incredible insight and intellectually stimulating opinions
[Linked Image]

I don't know how it works, or even which one the Model 7 SS is but I am sure you could tell me all about it - if fact I look forward to it - can't wait for another learning experience by the boxer laugh

And to the OP - I only use this out to 500 meters on rams in silhouette matches and hunting to about 400 yards or so max....it likes 130 grain accubonds for hunting and 142 sierras for silhouette....I have not had any magazine restriction issues for these applications.

PennDog
Posted By: Stevil Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/18/13
Nice Mod 7 Penndog ! care to share your load data for the 130gr accubonds ?

Im a fan of heavy projectiles in the 140-155gr weight range as I tend to only use my 260 on larger game, but I've been thinking about a 130gr load for some longer range mountain work.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/18/13
That ruger is FUGLY. WTF is wood trying to jazz up the boat paddle, and the darn scope is black. The rifle is SS if my eyes still work. Dang dude.
FishinHank-fugly it is laugh....I use it at a local .22 shoot and one of the guys there made me some maple inserts for the rifle....he was real proud of them so I put them in blush....this was supposed to be my foul weather rifle and still is (most people are not out then so I do not have to "show it off"!!).

Stevil....it is a near maximum load of Hunter with CCI standard primers.
Posted By: smokepole Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/18/13
Dang, I never thought it possible to make those things uglier than they came from the factory.....
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/18/13
Ruger used to recommend the Lett Company (?) as a source for exotic wood inserts for the skeleton style stocks. I bought a Davidsons special/limited run Ruger 77 in 7.62x39 for my Wife back in 1992 that may have been the first factory specs Ruger 77 that came with wood stock inserts. Although it came with nice looking wood inserts, my Wife opted for a set made from bird's eye maple that appealed to her. Happy Wife, happy life.

Jeff
Stevil,

You poor poor Whining Kchunt,is there not anything you WON'T Whine about?!? Laffin'!

Had never even heard of a Seven or a 260,prior to this Thread.

You are doing "great".

Laffin'!

'Dog,

Wow that is some seriously NICE stuff! My bad,I was all mistaken. Laffin'! You poor stupid [bleep].

Pretty intimidating that you can [bleep] nearly afford a schitty scope,for each turd that you polish. Is this yet another dreaded "stand"?!? What next,are you gonna elaborate on how far you gotta leap the boolits you cite,while staying in OEM Seven mag confines? Mebbe touch a bit on how you dial that fancy glass in on them Rams,or better yet a Tutorial on holdover. Laffin'!

I've never seen or even shot a Seven in .378",.473" or .532",so I appreciate your version of "experience","knowledge" and "results".

You obviously do have a lot to Whine about and it's all founded. Laffin'!

I know better than to suffer the "wrath" of yet another clueless kchunt and her "hard charging" windage adjustable mounts,upon such a "dedicated" "Top Flight" platform.

[bleep] WOW +P+! Just from where do you incredibly pathetic Do Nothing Dumbfhucks come from?!?

Bless your heart.
yep you got me Box.... laugh

not sure just how seriously dumb you are (although your posts are certainly highlighting that fact)but I use a different scope on the rifle for silhouette - imagine that.....thought that the omnipotent Box would have figured that one outwhistle

Oh yea....and again does this mean you won't be my friend??
Originally Posted by PennDog
yep you got me Box.... laugh

not sure just how seriously dumb you are (although your posts are certainly highlighting that fact)but I use a different scope on the rifle for silhouette - imagine that.....thought that the omnipotent Box would have figured that one outwhistle

Oh yea....and again does this mean you won't be my friend??

+1
'Dog,

You couldn't fathom how little desire I have to "get" you,though I'm happy to let you get yourself and in fairness...you are doing great. Laffin'!

Do tell about the fancy-schmancy Sillywet Glass and perhaps extoll why you'd remove that high zoot wonder and then go right to slumming schit?!? Don't forget,it's your Imagination,so you can Pretend with it as you please. Laffin'!

You Whining Kchunt "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

'Walter,

Sweetheart...the cat get your tongue or the couch get your kchunt?!?

I know,I know.

Both.

Laffin'!
'Walter,
...you were gonna "tell" me "all" about your Swifts and their "advantages",what happened?!? Laffin'!

Go back and re-read my post, you moron.

Everyone's a big, tough, mofo on the internet and you, apparently, are trying out for the biggest and baddest! However, as much as you keep writing the words, you'll never master the tune.

All you've proven you know how to do is to take pictures.
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/19/13
Walter & Penndog,

lol

I'd give it up if I were you. You'll save yourself a LOT of extra stomach acid and wasted keyboard strokes if you just abandon this thread and go elsewhere.
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/19/13
'Dog,

Your Imagination and Pretend were really taking you places,there for a spell and you [bleep] near had a schitty scope for every rifle in the picture. What happened to that epic run?!? Laffin'!

I was on pins & needles regarding your Sillywet glass "particulars" and KNOW it was gonna be funnier than [bleep] too. "Surprisingly" you had a big cup of shut the [bleep] up,in regards to your load "particulars" too and I'll of course yet again feign my "surprise" there.

PLEASE do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt...because you "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot,when you are doing your "best". Bless youyr heart.

Wow +P+!

'Walterm,

I simply stated that you are an incredibly clueless dumbfhuck and you seem eager to reiterate that simplistic fact.

Might this be where you Imagine enough Pretend to whip my ass?!? Laffin'! You poor poor clueless kchunt.

You'll haveta pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and take it to the bank,that I'm more than a leetle comfy in discussing water that's long done been flowed under the bridge. So rest assured that I'm all ears in regards to the Swift,Sevens and cameras,as I prolly dabble more than a few wares,so have no "mercy" in regards to your "stand". Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next Whine and yet another installment of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been.

Here's to your [bleep] Imagination and to just how badly you need it.

You go girl!

Magnumdoosh,

Speaking of Do Nothing Day Dreaming Clueless Kchunts...what have you almost done lately?!?

Spare no "details".

Laffin'!

Jeezus [bleep],from just WHERE do you sorry kchunts comes from?!?

Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/21/13
Holy [bleep] dogschit...WTF happened?!? Did The Do Nothing Gang finally run outta Imagination and Pretend?!? Fairly [bleep] rude to concoct the Sillywet Scope Ruse and then run away like a little bitch. Laffin'!

Was really hoping for a MacMullen Stock Tutorial,a leetle COAL "particulars",some more mount/base talk and a leetle more scope "details".

Too [bleep] funny!

Posted By: Stevil Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/21/13
I see the [bleep] is still cascading off his mountain top valhalla. Seriosuly where the hell is ya 260 rem Boxer ? Im guessing Full of [bleep] can be applied in your instance ?
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/21/13
The only rifle I've got,is the only I've ever had...my beloved Savage 110 30-'06,wearing Weaver mounts and a Simmons scope.

[Linked Image]

Like what the [bleep] else can you do,besides Guess and Whine?!?

Laffin'!

Posted By: Kimber7man Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/22/13

FWIW "Proper 260 ammunition" will fit in the magazine box. It is manufactured to the SAAMI specification and the Remington magazine box allows plenty of length for that.

Optimised 260 ammunition (like VLD handloads) won't. Same can be said about ANY of the 308 based cartridges. If you want to throw a VLD, you need more magazine length to get the velocity you want (or use a different case).

I've had no problems loading a 130 VLD to about 2.82 and fitting in a Standard Rem length SA mag box. YMMV.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/22/13
123 Amax at Sucks mag length.... just sayin....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/22/13
I've seen some rather spectacular results from Cow Barrels...and mebbe even on a Seven or two.(grin)

[Linked Image]
Kinda like steer barrels myself... little more meat than a cow.... but nowhere near a bull....
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/22/13
This stuff is all so confusin',but if I recall correctly,I've got a couple/few Herds and all is well represented.

Mebbe some day,I'll even try me one of them Sevens and a MacMullen.

All with proper Jolly Roger brand no doubt...
Posted By: joejo Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/28/13
wow....

this thread turned into a steaming pile of turd.

for what its worth, who gives a [bleep] if the op wants to build a rifle on a seven platform. its what he has and they work fine. its only shorter than a 700 behind the mag box. if one wants a longer 4 screw base, all you need to do is buy one for a 700 and mill the back of it off, and drill another hole. its has a coal capacity of 2.8 and can be made to 2.9 easily. this allows you to use 123 scenars fine within the mag.

boxer, christ, lighten up
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/28/13
You poor stupid [bleep].

Hacking the stern off the base,don't shorten it?!?

When you Pretend to Imagine going 2.9" on "your" Sevens,whatcha' doing for bottom "metal". Points for pictures and excuses. Laffin'!

I could give a [bleep] less what you stupid [bleep] Pretend to do and here's to the Stupidity requisite,for you to be "thinking" I've not been laughing my ass off from the initial post...as well as now.

Funnier than [bleep],that you cain't savvy how very light the mood is.

Bless your heart.

Posted By: joejo Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/28/13
You poor stupid [bleep].

Hacking the stern off the base,don't shorten it?!?

When you Pretend to Imagine going 2.9" on "your" Sevens,whatcha' doing for bottom "metal". Points for pictures and excuses. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

apparently you don't know the dimension differences between the seven and 700.
here you go dipchit.

here is the 700 sa

[Linked Image]

here is the seven

[Linked Image]

here is a 700 scope base on the seven, just like i said milled the end off and re drilled for the rearmost seven scope base screw.

[Linked Image]

and here is the factory mag box, the wyatts box measures 2.910 but i am not taking that gun apart to measure for you. you can look on their website.

[Linked Image]

edit: sorry, i should have said.... here you go, you poor stupid [bleep], so you could comprehend.
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
Nope,this is all new to me and I appreciate your keen insight and attention to detail. Laffin'!

So the 700 rail doesn't get shortened,when you hack the ass offa it to mount it to the Seven? GOOD trick there. You poor poor dumbfhuckk. Which bitchin' Weaver rail,are you using to hack,but not shorten? Re-laffin'! Perhaps say sumptin' in conjunction about your killer mount,killer rings and killer glass and how you've had exceptionally good luck with long/lanky 1" tubes holding a zero in your "hard charging" pursuits and in regards to the 6-18X in particular,as they's famously rugged. Re-re-laffin'!

The level is awesome too. Laffin'!

Is 2.875" now 2.910" and is that a function of pre or post-hack? Laffin'! How many do it hold in the belly,as this is all new ground to me. Re-laffin'!

Boy...it sure would be nice to see pics of an amazingly well "thought out" machine like that in action,I bet you've whacked alotta good schit with that incredible platform?!?

Laffin'!

Where do you amazingly stupid dumbfhuckks come from,in all your Turd Polishing Glory?!?

Wow +P+!

You're doing great!

Posted By: joejo Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
okay you cleary are a [bleep].
when did i ever say it wasn't shortened? also why would i buy a good rail to hack up. its a varmint gun. yeah its a 1 inch tube the gun is built on the cheap. bring whatever piece of chit you got to western pa and we'll shoot. that gun has nothing on my competition guns but for someone so good at running his mouth, i'll shoot it and leave the bat/stiller action guns in the cabinet.
the offer is here come shoot. i have permenant targets out to 1500 yards so please show me your awesome 6 power wearing sporter guns got. yeah real [bleep] awesome, 6 power with a 30 mill tube. you can't even see a target enough to worry about using the 60 moa of turret travel.
oh and i never thought of leupold glass as being junk. not as good as my nf scopes but not bad either.

by the way what is your current shooter classification, what club or regional or national matches have you won recently?
lets see some of your credentials.
and again your reading skills are lacking. the box is the factory box dip chit. the wyatts box is .110 larger it will accept rounds to 2.9 with enough clearance to feed.
the pic was shown to reiterate that a seven has the same box as a 700. [bleep] do you even comprehend when you read.
Posted By: irfubar Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
Joejo,
You are wasting your time addressing Boxer.
Notice how he didnt admit you were technically correct?
Instead he deflected and attacked your choice of scope, mounts...
He thinks since he learned about c.o.a.l. in conjunction with throat geometry, M.O.A. and dialing for elevation...
that he knows things nobody else knows, kinda like Al Gore invented the internet ya know. laugh
He is like having a discussion with your liberal sister in law, you know when they lose the argument they resort to name calling... gotta love them liberals. shocked

Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
Wyatt's box sucks balls.

Merry Christmas!
boxer, you may have bumped your head one to many times on those tacticool bolt handles or blinded yourself on that awesome yellow tape on your scopes. looks real nice! i was almost distracted from these sweet add on's while reading that 3 year old terrets script on your stock.
joejo,

So good rails don't go on Seven's,but bad ones do? I think you's onto sumptin',in gainin' the clarity that hacking the stern,equates to lesser length. No schit?!? Laffin'!

I would have never surmised,that your Goat [bleep] was a Turd Polished on the cheap. You mean it ain't a well "thought" out High Zoot Phenom?!? Laffin'! Appreciate your feeling compelled to yet again clarifying that too. Laffin'!

Now your 6-18X is mounted on the Seven so as to allow 60MOA of erector travel,from zero?!? Jeezus [bleep]...is there no end to your Stupidity and Imagination?!? Looking forward to those delusions too.

Boy going to Penn is really something I've been dreaming about my whole Life. Those vast expanses of rugged/pristine Wilderness and it being largely devoid of people,so a guy can really do it all...are very alluring. Laffin'! You poor poor stupid [bleep]. What next,are you gonna tell me your wife's name is Hank and "she" is hot??!!? Where do you amazingly stupid [bleep] come from?!!? Wow.

Points awarded for "permenant". At which Mall do you Ninja?

As to the box/COAL you stated plainy: "its has a coal capacity of 2.8 and can be made to 2.9 easily. this allows you to use 123 scenars fine within the mag.". Then you felt compelled to dangle a pic well shy of same. It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please. I do note however,that you's remiss in the belly count query. Laffin'! This "Tehnical stuff is enlightening +P+!

Next you are gonna tell me 600,722,700 and 7 OEM boxes will interchange? I get so confused. Laffin'! The profundity of your Stupidity is simply [bleep] incredible and I'm groovin' on your version of "insight". This schit is ALL new to me. Laffin'!

Here's to the inherent hilarity,of your innate Stupidity,precluding you from even a first [bleep] clue,as to the depths in which you are over your pointy head and tinfoil hat.

Bless your heart...your "best" is just [bleep] awesome!!

'bar,

Please find me "mistaken" and I will happily take the time to rub your nose in your Stupidity. Laffin'!

I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and a guess is the best you can muster. Right proper intellesting Dichotomy,ain't it.

Kudos on your being able to bullschit yourself enough,to "think" you've an inkling and are keeping pace.

Now THAT,is [bleep] funny!

'Loco,

Personally,I don't rate 'em that high...but she's doing "great".(grin)

I'm on the ropes.

Again dumbazz, read you [bleep] retard. I was referring to your scope as to the moa travel, not mine. Jeeze your a [bleep] imbred dipchit.
Again, what's you shooting history. Busting a few rocks with you hornady bullets out of you threaded barrel tactical 308. Out of a Sammi spec chamber to boot.
I'm done, you obviously think unless you say it, its wrong.
The offer is still there to come and get beat by that gun, that is, if you can pull yourself off your sisters tit.
And a Weaver base isn't bad, its just cheap.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
Show boxer your 'credentials' and 'club' targets. That'll shut him right up. He respects his 'betters'......

This kinda reminds me of the Gman/rancher 'show him your badge' joke, down in 'humor'.....
Posted By: Rogue Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
More like the"Post your load" classic.
Sure.
In 2012 my custom 260 was being worked on so I shot my first 3 mid range f-class matches with that pile and classified as a master class shooter. Later that season I finished with the 260 and since then have stepped up to the NRA high master classification for mid range. I have.not fired enough score rounds at long range f-class to receive my classification yet. Reade range is where I hope to complete that next season. Hopefully with my new bat actioned 6.5x55 improved.
Posted By: Rogue Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
Slow yourself down and understand that there are plenty just as good or better than I/you.
absolutely, i clearly hold no national or regional records. i wasn't calling out any other shooter here, just him. lets see his 394-18 395-22 397-19 shooting scores. i guess his would all be 400-40x.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
Na�ve

Jeff
Oh, I get it, irony.

Jeff
Originally Posted by joejo
Again dumbazz, read you [bleep] retard. I was referring to your scope as to the moa travel, not mine. Jeeze your a [bleep] imbred dipchit.
Again, what's you shooting history. Busting a few rocks with you hornady bullets out of you threaded barrel tactical 308. Out of a Sammi spec chamber to boot.
I'm done, you obviously think unless you say it, its wrong.
The offer is still there to come and get beat by that gun, that is, if you can pull yourself off your sisters tit.
And a Weaver base isn't bad, its just cheap.

Sweetheart,

I've more than a few scopes and you cited none in particular and continue(d) to Whine in general. Congratulations?!? I left you plenty of slack on the rope via pics and PLEASE grab all that you "think" you can handle. Laffin'!

On the flipside,I simply referenced the Leupie 6-18x as being a series of heavy concessions(all of which are beyond your comprehension and over your pointy head). Then you spouted off "60MOA",which just so happens to be the 6-18x's relative realm of total travel(65 being "typical"). You did VERY well to shut the [bleep] up,in regards to your Polished Turd and I'll feign my "surprise" there.

From there you wish to really knock your Dumbfhucktitude out of the Park and stick your head even further up your ass,which will only "surprise" you. Just how in the [bleep],did you Pretend to Imagine: "threaded barrel tactical 308. Out of a Sammi spec chamber to boot."?!? One thing is for certain about you incredibly [bleep] stupid [bleep],is that you are incredibly [bleep] STUPID.

Might you cite an LTR setback and punched 223AI in a 3-way A5 wearing an M4,Badger 20MOA,Badger standards and a 3.5-10x M3? Cheer up...it prolly don't even pinhole 75'Max. Laffin'!

Never have had a 308,but I'm savin' the pennies to some day procure one. That is my DREAM chambering. Any suggestions?!? Laffin'!

Obviously,"thinking" isn't in the cards for you,but Whining certainly is and in fairness,you amazingly stupid [bleep] routinely have MUCH to Whine about. Perhaps wax eloquent and enthrall me with Pennsylvania again and "all" that you "do"?!!? The only thing you shoot is your Imagination and your mouth and I reckon it plum [bleep] flattering,that your Pretend grants you delusions in which you think can hang. Wow +P+!

The rail Whine is precious too. You cited: "also why would i buy a good rail to hack up". Then: "And a Weaver base isn't bad, its just cheap". You poor poor(literally) stupid [bleep].

Looking forward to the next Whine,as you are really doing "great". You were [bleep] done,before you even tried to start and if only for more epic [bleep] humor,you were the ONLY one that didn't know it.

Bless your heart.

'fubar,

Cat get your tongue or couch get your kchunt?!? I know,I know...both.

Laffin'!

'22,

I'm on the ropes.

Again.(grin)

Rogue,

If you swipe her Imagination and Pretend away,she'll have nothing left...and that'd be mean.

She's gonna "tell" me about scopes now.(grin)

[bleep] WOW +P.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/29/13
Jeez boxer, I was just sure his 'credential measurements' would impress you more than they obviously did. I know I'm in total awe of the abilities he's posted, here... good stuff.
More irony.

Jeff
Posted By: joejo Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/30/13
i guess this site shoud just be renamed boxercampfire.com.
you sir are the man. if only half of the members here knew a quarter of what you do, this country would be full of a++ marksmen capable of shooting their 223ai out to 2500 yards.

lets step back a minute and read before you materialize some silly hard to read post.

1. the op asked about building a custom on a seven action. i answered yes its fine. if it wasn't would there ever have been an xr100.

2. you bitchedd, saying its impossible to have a coal of 2.9 in a seven. it clearly is possible and not difficult like i posted.

3. the problem of having a bad selection of scope rails can be avoided by just using a 700 sa scope rail and milling it down and redrilling the rear most mount screw.

4. then you began to bash anything posted pic wise unless it was your own, like everything is inferrior to your guns. i bet they all go bang and hit what they aim at.

5. lets not forget about the glass. if a leupold 6-18 is junk to you does that mean its junk to me? its on a 22-250 max range for that gun shooting 70grn bergers is around 600 yds to be effective. why the hell do i need a 30 mil tube? if a 1 inch tube is so bad you better get on the phone to every scope manufacturer and let them know. they have been pulling the wool over our eyes for years. not to mention the countless benchrest records shot with them.

huntsman22, when your are done giving boxer hand jobs in return for his vast knowledge base maybe you can come back to earth.

this is what i picture when i read your imbred slur response

[Linked Image]
blow me.
i'm out.

Posted By: huntsman22 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/30/13
You're out? that's too bad, you was doing soooooo good.
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/30/13
'jo,

Didn't mean to horn you up,but you Day Dreaming Do Nothing Window Licking Kchunts are fast to start cramming things in your mouths and asses. Congratulations?!?

A guess is as good as you'll ever be able to do and guessin' ain't purty,as you so eloquently attest. Please don't slight the magnitude of your Stupiity,despite your being unable to process same. Laffin'!

Oh I like charts!

1) Please note the "advantages" your Imagination and Pretend grant you,in regards to the XR100. Do not forget to comment on 600's and/or XP's in either solid bottom,repeater,rear or midgrip...because maybe that is "new" to me too. Laffin'!

2) I said nothing about impossibility. I asked for particulars,regarding bottom metal and round count,hoping you'd be dumb enough to try. You're doing "great"!

3) You really know how to rock a High Zoot Weaver rail,that was [bleep] awesome!

4) I can't bash you,nearly as well you can..by doing your best. I'm always happy to allow cross-eyed drooling dumbfhuckks the opportunity to do just that,if only in fairness. Please grab all the slack on the rope you think you can handle,do not be shy. Laffin'!

5) You've admittedly got me here,as I'm unfamliar with .224" centerfires,but that Berger sounds like a Peach and 600yds is very,very impressive. My bad. That barrel sounds like zinger,perhaps you'll be able to quit Whining long enough,to talk about it too. You've an uncanny knack for really making particulars easy to understand. Please don't get mean and start talkin' fancy about twist rates,throating and boolits there. I'm cryin' I'm laughing sooooo hard! You poor,poor stupid [bleep].

I don't recall maligning tube diameter,but I assuredly do tube length. That of course is/are issues far separate,but in actuality WTF is someone from Pennsylvania gonna "know" about much of anything regarding the Outdoors and wares in it's use?!? 'Course you'll always have your Imagination and Pretend,which is rather handy for folks who "do" as "much" as you,in your "fortunate" surroundings. Laffin'!

The Seven is far more adept as a BR-esque platform,than it is a LR-esque platform. Hint.

Appreciate your taking the time to delve even deeper,into your amazingly long list of insecurities and really turn up Rifle Talk a notch,as you quit,re-quit and undoubtedly quit again. You'll wanna wipe the streaming Mascara from your face,give thought to biting a towel to quell the trembling lips,put the dark glasses back on to hide your crossed-eyes and mebbe give thought to holding your breath as you stomp your itty-bitty feet,for maximum affect during your prolonged Hissy Fit. Laffin'!

You drooling dumbfhuckks DO love your cartoons!

Wow +P+.

'22,

In fairness...she's doin' quite a bit better than that.(grin)

[Linked Image]

jojo, cartoons, as a last straw, seems SO unlike you.

Really. I'm SO much cooler online.......

Ask her what she does for a vocation and to frost same with a pic of herself...if only to grant her the opportunity to knock chit out of the [bleep] Park.(grin) I'm looking forward to the Wine and excuses.

Do you think she's [bleep] stupid enough,to try more "particulars"?!?

My fingers are crossed in anticipation!

Hey boxer. I found this little gem.
Sorry, there were no pics.....
Though, I really don't blame him, with 2 uncles being older than his grampa, and all.......

i hope you description of "pencilnecks" isn't referring to me because i called you a hoarder or whatever it was. i can guarantee you one thing, my blood line will continue on much further than yours ever will. i have a grandfather that is tough aas nails, served in the navy during the korean war. two uncles wounded multiple times in wwII. a father that busted his ass in the coal mines in the 70's and moved onto ironwork when the mines dried up. here i stand a 2nd generation ironworker. proud of my family and my own accomplishments in life. i am the father of 2 and a dedicated husband of 13 years to my highschool sweetheart. unfortunately raising a family with one income these days dosen't allow all of us to buy up all the god damn ammo. guys like me have to put food on the table first and gun hobbies come second. it would just be nice to buy a brick or two whenever i have the extra cash and not have to pay double whenever a few dicks feel the need to empty store shelves because they think ammo factories are all going to shut down.

i am as blue collar as it gets, i work hard for my money and am proud of it. i expect nothing from anyone and want nothing from anyone unless i earn it. as old as you say you are surely you can relate. btw, if the "[bleep] hit the fan" so to speak i can assure you that my family will survive.
Talk about 'imbred'.....
imbred

Might toss a little 'illiterate' in the mix, too....

here's a good book for you, jojo.

Enjoy! and thanks for participating!

[Linked Image]
Her gravest concern is,that someone could make her out to be a bigger piece of Do Nothing Clueless Schit than she can...which "luckily" for her,cain't be did.(grin)

I was on the edge of my [bleep] seat,awaiting more "particulars". Found the COAL latitude ruse,for a 22-250 flingin' Berger 70's a [bleep] riot. The scope schit was [bleep] precious and cross-eyed Turd Polishing never ain't not funny in general.

Now I'm torn on which is funnier from her...Cricketts or another try.

Laffin'!

Posted By: geedubya Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
i guess this site shoud just be renamed boxercampfire.com.

blow me.
i'm out.

[video:youtube] www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E-WasNzVpI[/video]

B,

I see you continue to spread joy and happiness where'er ya' go.

the new BTE?

[Linked Image]

I'll keep a sharp eye peeled fer ya' in the coming year.

[Linked Image]

HNY from the petting zoo.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GWB

PS: Not custom,

[Linked Image]

but a fair pair of 260's.

Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
Perhaps make a stand,if only to yet again reiterate the innate hilarity of the Texas Version of everything. Only fair to grant clueless dumbfhuckks,the opportunity to flounder in their dumbfhuckktitude as they do their "best".

Bless your heart.

I was nearly gonna buy a Model Seven and try one.

Laffin'!

Posted By: Adamjp Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
Boxer, I'm not even sure I understand your last email.

You and your little brokeback mountain groupies are spending so much time reaching around each other it is hard to work out who is humping who. You are having the last word because others quickly realise that they are trying to reason with a fool who drags the conversation down to a level of stupidity and profanity that is unnecessary.

You are not the only person in the world who 'knows about rifles', reading some of your other posts it is alarming the amount of information you clearly do not know. Your aggressive posts try to hide this but the truth of it is that you post no useful information or anything that passes as knowledge. Everything you post is trying to point out how 'stupid' everyone else it, ever wonder why that is? I suppose someone with a mind as weak as your's clearly is finds it easier knock others down than be a constructive member of the campfire. You do not create, you destroy.

If you were to wise up (and grow up) you would realise that how you communicate destroys any credibility about what you communicate.

To me, and clearly some others, you are representative of everything that is wrong with the Campfire. There is no way you would talk to a person in the street like you carry on here, pretty soon they would leave you spitting teeth.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
FWIW, a review of the definitions found under 301.7 and/or 301.81 of ICD-9, might help you understand the dynamics in play. Or so it seems to me.

Jeff
Posted By: Adamjp Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
Jeff,

You might just be onto something there.
jp,

I find it curious,that you Whining Do Nothing Kchunts feel compelled to open a new Whine,with a reiteration of how incredibly phuqqing little you are able to understand. That'd only be "news" to you,as your Dumbfhuckktitude is better than glaringly obvious. Congratulations?!?

Do tell about the "email",if only for starters. Laffin'!

PLEASE,find me "mistaken" and I will happily take the time to rub your nose in your Stupidity and make it look easy...if only because it is. Bless your heart.

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please and I'll feign my "surprise" that you went right to phuqqing Whining and whimpering about your insecurities. I'm more than a leetle bit at ease in speaking matter of factly,if only because facts matter. You are a consummate Whiner,due simply to all them years of practice. You poor poor(literally) dumb kchunt,you're sooooooooooooo adept at Whining,you cain't even know you do it. Funny how schit actually works,ain't it?!? Laffin'!

So you feel free to look me up,any time your Estrogen mood swings make you brazen enough to try and feign a first phuqqing clue and be sure to make a "stand",as you wax eloquent upon all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been.

I enjoy the notion that you "think" your phuqqing Stupidity ain't more than a touch obvious and you sure as schit need no "help" ascertaining that,if only obliviously. Prolly a REAL good phuqqing call,to refrain all things germane the crux and to Whine instead. If only in fairness,what the phuqq other move could you make?!? Laffin'!

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt and shoot for the stars and Pretend you can whip my ass too.

You phuqqing "hard chargers" are a riot!

Jeff,

Funnier than phuqq,that even someone as phuqqing stupid as you...KNOWS to refrain the crux and Whine instead.

I'm looking forward to your next Whine and the excuses.

Laffin'!

Perhaps you two Clueless Kchunts and your newly aligned Dynamic Duo Of Dumbphuqqtitude,are REALLY gonna explode Model Seven LR sales?!?

Wow +P+! Here's to the hilarity of your "best",being soooooooooooo far offa the mark.

Perhaps give thought to filling out a "Hurt Feelers" Report. PLEASE include pictures.

Laffin'!
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
Boxer, Boxer, Boxer; good morning. I've told you before, you have a lot to offer at times. Temper your criticism and modify your delivery and some of the youngsters or less informed could really benefit from your input and would probably enjoy learning from what you have to add. Some of the more informed would probably enjoy honest debate and discussion with you. I hope you had a Merry Christmas my friend.
Larry,

I've followed your posts for many years, since your Big Stick days, back when you were actually a helpful and contributing member of this message board. But you're no longer helpful and haven't been for some time, at least since you pushed Rick to exile you for the I-Honda thread where you taped your kids' eyelids.

All you can do is call me names and I'm not feeling threated by a loudmouth from Craig, AK, whose posts are mostly gibberish. That said, I think that it is interesting that you felt that my pointing out the ICD-9 codes for Antisocial Personality disorder, 301.7, and Narcissistic Personality Disorder, 301.81, were directed at you. Only you. Interesting.

Sell some guns, get some help, you'll thank me in the long run.

Jeff
Posted By: irfubar Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Larry,

I've followed your posts for many years, since your Big Stick days, back when you were actually a helpful and contributing member of this message board. But you're no longer helpful and haven't been for some time, at least since you pushed Rick to exile you for the I-Honda thread where you taped your kids' eyelids.

All you can do is call me names and I'm not feeling threated by a loudmouth from Craig, AK, whose posts are mostly gibberish. That said, I think that it is interesting that you felt that my pointing out the ICD-9 codes for Antisocial Personality disorder, 301.7, and Narcissistic Personality Disorder, 301.81, were directed at you. Only you. Interesting.

Jeff

What? Larry is crazy? say it aint so. laugh
Posted By: ruger243223 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
It's not really a big deal to me what boxer says. He can say what he wants, I was just looking for information and I got it, we are going to do model 7s just not a long range style rifle now. They will work fine for a heavy hunting rifle for my kids to put on a bipod or shooting sticks with minimal recoil and should still be as accurate as a 700. Anyway, thanks to all who pm'd me with valuable info and to those who would like to name call from a computer that is ok also, if that is how you do things to each his own. Just got done reading about Virgil King and the Houston Warehouse, nice read and very informing about what helps accuracy and what makes no difference at all. But again thanks to all including Boxer. I will post pictures when rifles are done, we are working on accurizing 700 LA now for custom 6mm. HAPPY HUNTING
Rude behavior and bullies bother me.

Jeff
'Sky,

Sucking my ass,will get you nowhere.

The astute will always glean the insight,you stupid [bleep] never will and ain't that a right proper dichotomy?!?

Looking forward to your next Whine.

Groovin' on your Vagina Monologue,as you sidestep ALL things The Rifle,for some "unknown" reason(s). Laffin'!

Please find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to yet again rub your nose in your very own Stupidity. Rest assured that I will make it look easy,if only because it is. Laffin'!

You Whining Kchunts will always find reasons to Whine and that is a simplistic fact. Funny how tape reliably [bleep] up you Drooling Dumbfhuqqers,whether on the muzzle or elsewhere. Laffin'! Perhaps you can assemble enough Whiners,to form a Class Action Suit against 3M(the favored tape of all) and make a "stand". Re-laffin'!

I've zero intent or desire to "threaten" you,but you pointy headed dim-bulbed [bleep] concoct all sorts of conspiracy theory [bleep] bullschit and I wish to thank you for the oblivious humor. [bleep] HILARIOUS +P+!!! Only you,can prevent YOU from saying something stupid and here's to the sanctity of your being powerless in the refrain. Laffin'!

You'll haveta pardon my being Type BT/DT...with lotsa T-shirts and I for some reason,don't feel compelled to apologize for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. Facts certainly are unsettling to folks who "do" as "much" as you. Laffin'!

Perhaps your feelers would be better off,if you tried to converse about Tiddlywinks with Martha Stewart and then you two high browed kchunts could compare estrogen levels. Laffin'!

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt,because I'm certain you've hit a Home Run and are really doing "great". Laffin'!

Eagerly awaiting the next Whine and more excuses. Succinctly knock it outta the park and dangle a picture of you and your crossed-eyes and that'll begin to explain why you've soooooooooo much to [bleep] whine about. I've zero doubt gracious members of the board,would happly mail tape to you,to cover them misaligned peepers up. Howlin'!

I know,I know...all your pics are at bigsqueeze's house,in a cardboard box that neither you or JeffO can open,because there's the "dreaded" tape on it!

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot,especially when your Estrogen Levels embolden a sanctimonious "stand" on high ground,with your head fully up your ass! You poor poor stupid [bleep]. Laffin'!

Wow.

ruger',

No need to thank me. I'm really "surprised" that the LR Seven didn't come to fruition.

Give or [bleep] take.

Laffin'!

'bar,

You almost said sumptin' about The Rifle,then your lip trembled in fear and you went right to [bleep] Whining instead,so as to play it safe.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Larry,

Jeff

Crazy like a fox.

Ole Larry likes the chase and messing with guys who in his eyes are wrapped a bit too tight and are overstepping with their proclamations and claims... blush

His social graces notwithstanding, I enjoy his input and have been helped by him on a number of occasions. He does like to teach and help with turrets, rifles, etc. and is actually very patient with those he perceives to be genuine seekers of info.

He's also a pretty good photographer with a lot of knowledge and experience. And, judging by his pictures, knows a thing or two about fishing.

IMHO, and accusing me of being up his azz just won't float... grin

Don't know him personally, have never met him.

Just saying... cool

DF
Larry,

Just more gibberish and more name calling, ouch!

Jeff
Believe what you want, after all, we're all just a handles on the internet and anybody can be anything on the internet.

Larry has plenty of sycophants, so whether you are or whether you aren't one is only relevant to you. This is, after all, just an internet message board.

If Rick doesn't choose to rein in Larry's boorish behavior that is certainly his option. Rick's site, Rick's rules.

Jeff
'farmer,

Oh I do enjoy a high pitched nasal Whine,by The Do Nothing Gang,as they go in to great detail of all the things they've almost done.(grin) Luckily for them,Imagination and Pretend are free and I'd be the last guy to slight them those "satisfactions". Laffin'!

It's purty easy to cypher who bangs around more than a smidge. I find it curious that "The Stand",always involves the latest Whiner's laundry list of insecurities,a heartfelt bitch that they are Turd Polishers and how "real" their Pretend is to them. Same old cluelessness,on just another day. In fairness however,it can't go any other way,so I reckon they'll swoon the sanctity of that fact. Laffin'!

I ain't in the bidness of condoning Dumbfhuqqtitude,or in sugar coating stupidity. I'm happy to lay a goodly stash of slack rope in wait,for them who think they can handle same and would be the last to yank that opportunity away.(grin) It's only fair.

Sandbagging cracks me up,nearly as much as Windowlickers doing their best. REALLY get a kick out of the Whiningest of the kchunts,trolling for heart strings as they obliviously convey their ineptitude. That schit is PRICELESS and only because the poor dumbfhuqqs really are doing their best. Laffin'!

I can only lead folks to water.

260',

I'll feign my "surprise",that you know better than to post a pic of your crossed-eyes,or find me "mistaken"...though your Whine remains MAGNIFICENT. You really know how to make a "stand". Laffin'!

Looking forward to the next Whine and more excuses. Ain't it a hoot,how noone can make you look like a dumber piece of do nothing schit,than you!

Congratulations?!?

Posted By: elkhunternm Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 12/31/13
[Linked Image]
Larry,

I never post pictures, never have, never will.

Jeff
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
Boxer, you're such a kidder. I'm not smooching your keester. What good would that do me? I hope you have a happy and safe new year my friend.

For those of you who have not had the exposure to Boxer and his expletive laden discourse, when none is called for, that some of the rest of us have, you have to look at his input through the prism of his technique and his motives. Specifically, his delivery is in the mold of the liberal media elite and elite liberal politicians/personalities like Pelosi, Reid, Feinstein, Boxer (Barbara), Obama, etc.

Just hear me out. How do the liberal media elite and elite liberal politicians get their way? When someone opposes them or, even worse, has a differing opinion, they shout them down, they call them names, and they mischaracterize what the other side has said. They make false assumptions of the other side and present it as fact. If you all go back and look at his prior posts you will see that this is exactly what Boxer does. He�s not a bad guy. It�s just that he needs to do this to compensate for any insecurity he has. So, he means well, he just needs work on his delivery. Read what he has to ad by eliminating the colorful adjectives, incorrect personal pronouns and his mischaracterization of what someone else has said and the motives for what others have said and there really is some good information in there.

I�ll give you an example: If he does respond to this post, as opposed to it being characterized as my opinion, it will be whining. I will be referred to by an incorrect gender pronoun (he/she/her). And, because of disagreement with my �opinion�, not only will my opinion be wrong; but, my intellect and possibly my ancestry will be called into question and I will be labeled with a bunch of colorful adjectives and Boxer-created nouns and verbs. It�s colorful and entertaining; but, in knowing all of this it is easier to weed through the extraneous filler and grasp those nuggets of intellect, positive input and, yes, even some wisdom Boxer often provides. Because, at times, he does.
Posted By: Boxer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
nm,

Nothing says "hard charger" like windage adjustable mounts. Laffin'!

Funniest part is...one can never tell if you are bitching or bragging,but that POS needs hid under a rug.

Hint.

260',

Oh [bleep] no,ANYTHING but pictures. The horror. Laffin'! That's the only way you Windowlicking Dumbfhuqqers can keep your Pretend "real".

You're doing "great" and "The Stand" is gonna catch on like LR Sevens. Perhaps entertain the notion of taking a Poll or starting a Petition and really knock it out of the park. Laffin'!

Wow +P+!

'Sky,

I enjoy the Dr. Phil schit,it's a [bleep] hoot! Of course you are Whining,it's all you do...and noone has better insight as to what a clueless [bleep] you are,than you do and I'd be the last to dispute same. Congratulations?!? Your Vagina Monologue,in regards to all the things you've almost done,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been,is straight up [bleep] fascinating. Give or [bleep] take. Laffin'!

I'm at ease with facts and the fact is,you poor stupid [bleep] are unable to find me "mistaken" and much to your collective chagrin. I've zero qualm talking in regards to water flowed under the bridge,just as you are at ease in talking out your ass...which admittedly is a [bleep] hilarious arrangement.

You'd do well to take notes and apply same,though I do find copious humor in the fact that your stupidity precludes your making such sound decision(s).

Looking forward to the next Whine and accompanying excuses.

Laffin'!

Posted By: irfubar Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
Bigsky,
Your onto something here.
Liberalism is a disease, poor Boxer, he is sick and cant help himself. crazy
Maybe we should take up a fundraiser to get boxer some professional help?
I have a dollar to contribute. laugh
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14

'Sky,
Your Vagina Monologue,in regards to all the things you've almost done,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been,is straight up [bleep] fascinating. Give or [bleep] take. Laffin'!

Boxer my friend, you've usually got me pegged and figured out; however, when have I ever come on here and talked about what I've done, what my wares are, and all of the places I've ever been? C'mon, you're better than that. At least your false assumptions are usually based on something someone has said. Hence, your attacks on my intellect; or, my lack thereof. I can live with that because I put it out there for the world to see and judge for themselves. When you make statements about what I say I have done, what I own, or, where I've been and people will start assuming I am contacting you privately and making claims or filling you in on my life and that just isn't so my friend.

I hope you have a safe and happy new year and I hope you keep contributing to the forum. Others may not see it; but, if they try to separate the wheat from the chaff, you truly have a lot to offer the rest of us.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
Some fields yield so little that they aren't worth the effort/cost to harvest and you're better off just disking them under. Reasoning with Larry is likely to yield results similar to those achieved by Chamberlain's September 1938 efforts in Munich. Or so it seems to me.

Ask yourself this question; "If a person at your table/campfire was behaving in such a rude and boorish manner, would you address it directly or would you ignore it and hope that it went away?". If you would find the behavior offensive in person, why is it any less offensive on this site?

Jeff
'fubar,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please(must).

Kudos on the "hard charging" cartoon avatar.

Laffin'!

'Sky,

Well you do indeed flatter yourself,Pretending you'd rate a PM reply or similar from me. THAT is funny schit!

I get quite a kick out of your version of "experience","knowledge" and "results"...founded in the firsthand by "all" you've done,did it with and them locales to boot. Such sage "findings" permeate your illuminating list of particulars,upon which you fluently expound. Laffin'!

You sappy Whining kchunts are enthralled with contrived "attacks",when all that has or can transpire,is that you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqers find it more than a touch unsettling...that you's Do Nothing Dumbfhuqqers. Laffin'! NOONE "attacks" you stupid [bleep] as well as yourselves,under the auspice of your feigning a [bleep] clue. Really is extraordinary and grandiose sublime humor and I wish to thank you for simply doing your best,as it wouldn't be nearly as [bleep] hilarious,less them pitiful efforts.

Looking forward to the next Whine and more excuses.

Still under the opinion that a Poll or Petition would really take "The Stand" to new levels. Laffin'!

You poor poor dumb kchunts.

260',

As a rule,how long does it take for your Pretend to become "real" to you?!? Laffin'!

Might I suggest you state that you "don't care",to further punctuate your Hissy Fit?!? Always a GREAT move to stomp your itty-bitty feet and hold your breath too. Phantom PM's are popular too. Laffin'!

You are doing "great" with "The Stand".

I'm [bleep] cryin'...I'm laughing so hard!!!

If I didn't know better I would think a few campfire members are living rent free in Boxers head?
Boy this is fun. smile
Posted By: rosco1 Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
You boys got him on the ropes! Somebody please summon seafire by tossing the ribber dick, so he can deliver the knockout.
Rosco,
I understand you want to be Boxers groupie, but this is serious!
Boxer has "issues" and needs help!
Good grief do you want to help him or enable his sickness?
Were is your compassion for your fellow man!
Step up and become part of the solution and not the problem!! smile
Originally Posted by irfubar
Rosco,
I understand you want to be Boxers groupie, but this is serious!
Boxer has "issues" and needs help!
Good grief do you want to help him or enable his sickness?
Were is your compassion for your fellow man!
Step up and become part of the solution and not the problem!! smile

'fubar,

Be SURE to tell yourself,those things you most need to hear. Or perhaps here. Laffin'! "Were" was a nice touch and you incredibly stupid dumbfhuqqers wonder why noone can make you look like a bigger pieces of do nothing schit,than you can?!? Wow!

You are doing "great" and rockin' hell outta that cartoon avatar. GOOD call to run right the [bleep] away,from all things The Rifle and Whine instead.

Bless your heart

Laffin'!

Rosco,

It ain't lookin' good......

It's lookin' REAL [bleep] good.(grin)
Posted By: SuperCub Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
Just sayin' ........

Laffin'

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: geedubya Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14

Bless your heart
Laffin'

Originally Posted by SuperCub
Just sayin' ........

Laffin'

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

The new BTE?

HNY guys!

GWB
'Cub,

Why is it that all of "your" Outdoor pics...have me in them?!? Laffin'!

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

You are THE Queen of plagiarism and your cartoon avatar simply rocks. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

gee',

There's always potential for The BTE,when a Texan feels compelled to proffer her version of The Outdoors.

You're doing "great",as per always.

Laffin'!

Posted By: SuperCub Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
Hey Larry .....

Here's to you and your family all the best in 2014. Health, family, friends & all assorted blessings, more than you can imagine.

I mean it. smile

Paul
Posted By: geedubya Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Hey Larry .....

Here's to you and your family all the best in 2014. Health, family, friends & all assorted blessings, more than you can imagine.

I mean it. smile

Paul

10/4 on that

and here is hoping all ya'll get to enjoy your version of the outdoors to your heart's content in the coming new year,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

whether it's with a custom 260 Rem or not.......

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN7101.jpg[/img]

Best,

GWB

Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
Great photos.

Man, that meat makes me hungry.

DF
Posted By: 65BR Re: .260 model 7 custom? - 01/01/14
G - stop making me regret selling my NIB 75 VLS 260...geez!
© 24hourcampfire