Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Well that might stop the bleep.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, easy pickins for the nuts , kooks and serious haters. Just surprised it don't happen more than it does with the attitudes of many.

When I was growing up I was taught that the police were your friend in need and should be respected, not with deference, just as a person doing a job.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
WTF? Now a work shift is a "tour"?

Hilarious.

Yeah, more militarization by another wannabe.

And black is worn simply because of the intimidation factor; light blue or even navy, not so much.

MM

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Pretty much how they are viewed around here.

Added, but you don't tell them much just in case.

Last edited by JSTUART; 07/21/14.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If it were up to me the uniform would be cowboy boots, blue jeans, a brown shirt with badge and a patch on the shoulder. I just described our game wardens. Very practicable and not very intimating but it gets the job done.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Our coppers in this state wear blue in several hues...when something is in the air a few of them put on blue over-alls.

It is the feds that get a hard-on for tac-black, and they rarely venture out of the cities...which is probably a good thing as they don't get lost that way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
If I were a cop I'd want the front of my shirt to be the color of donut glaze

I wonder if "doughnutoflage" has been invented? laugh

Originally Posted by T LEE
When I was growing up I was taught that the police were your friend in need and should be respected, not with deference, just as a person doing a job.

I'm guessing the dynamics have changed drastically on both fronts.
Certainly for the worse. (not faulting either, only change)

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
good article TLee

but one thing stood out to me in his treatise is this statement in his closing paragraph

"Maybe we as officers are to blame, or maybe people look at the current president and believe local LEO is the first phalanx in his war against them, their gun rights and their civil rights."

I do believe that's a large part of the problem with today's LEO, there are abuses by LEO and often it seems those abuses go not only unpunished, but defended by their fellow officers.

same with politicians, reasonable folks know a certain percentage of incidents will be foul

but when those entrusted to make certain we are "protected" end up protecting mainly their own, well public perception drops rapidly

we have some great LEO on this site, and here in my local community. I feel bad for them that the actions of some LEO end up putting those folks in a negative light to those they ultimately choose to serve.
Excellent post.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If it were up to me the uniform would be cowboy boots, blue jeans, a brown shirt with badge and a patch on the shoulder. I just described our game wardens. Very practicable and not very intimating but it gets the job done.

you pretty much described the uniform i had as a deputy sheriff in the 70's.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gunner, most folks that have never done a job, any job, have no practical sense of what it entails or the concerns. I have done a few different things in my life from farming as a kid to wearing our country's uniform then a Sheriff's Deputy uniform and even a Volly FF and Paramedic one, then driving most every type of truck there is. That does not make me and expert on any other type of work nor hold opinions on them. It does give me a rich experience base to make many judgements on those I am familiar with however.

Yep, I think the exact same way you do. Magalie Laurent was never a cop so she had no idea about police work and how it is supposed to be done. Had she kept her mouth shut like she should have, Justin Volpe would still be carrying the law to the lawless.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, easy pickins for the nuts , kooks and serious haters. Just surprised it don't happen more than it does with the attitudes of many.

Yep, I was taught just like you. Respect a police officer no matter what they are doing and to who.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadMooner
WTF? Now a work shift is a "tour"?

Hilarious.

Yep, they are in combat against enemies and the enemy is anyone not wearing a police uniform.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

[Linked Image]

I guess that some of us never outgrow our kindergarten coloring books and develop a mature an realistic world view.

I guess that I also understand the appeal of such a fantasy to both the blissfully ignorant and to police that greatly benefit from it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Or, you're just a fuuucking clown who still lives in his momma's basement

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rovering

[Linked Image]

I guess that some of us never outgrow our kindergarten coloring books and develop a mature an realistic world view.

I guess that I also understand the appeal of such a fantasy to both the blissfully ignorant and to police that greatly benefit from it.

You surely are an ignoramus...or just delusional and off your meds.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76

[Linked Image]

Damn straight! A decent person, when seeing police in action, would keep remembering that book published by police no matter what it was they were actually seeing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Do you ever wonder what the modern my obsession is, on hating police departments, with black or anybody wearing uniforms?

No..

I'm guessing there's at least one Forum member who's a guy living alone, with a police officer's uniform hanging in his closet, with a badge, an equipment belt, handcuffs, flex-cuffs, baton, radio, hat, shiny shoes and a pistol in a duty holster. All of it (except the pistol) bought off the internet.

Just for those special moments of alone-time in front of a mirror after a long, hard day's work.

Don't know who. Wouldn't even like to guess. But I'll bet he's here, somewhere. Lurking around these threads.

That would be Maser or Jason B.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by eh76

[Linked Image]

Damn straight! A decent person, when seeing police in action, would keep remembering that book published by police no matter what it was they were actually seeing.

Cop Caught on Dash Cam: 'I don't do dogs...I'll shoot the [bleep] thing.' He did.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9030841/1

Cop shoots old guy with cane, wife looks on in horror.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8678765/1

I guess then that these could not have happened, since no incidents like these are in these DoJ funded and police agency produced coloring books.

[Linked Image]

Don't be too sad Sherp, at least Eric Holder agrees with you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Cop Caught on Dash Cam: 'I don't do dogs...I'll shoot the [bleep] thing.' He did.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9030841/1

Cop shoots old guy with cane, wife looks on in horror.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8678765/1

I guess then that these could not have happened, since no incidents like these are in these DoJ funded and police agency produced coloring books.

[Linked Image]

Don't be too sad Sherp, at least Eric Holder agrees with you.

He might to some extent. I know my views are no different than the views of eh76, TLEE. the author of the article, the majority of police, or any other decent Conservative Republican. The only kind of person who is opposed to what we think is some bedwetter in their mom's basement

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.