Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
hunting is sacred to me ......

Randy;
Good evening to you sir, I trust this finds you and your fine family doing acceptably well.

I've got to say that the closest I've ever felt that I was in the presence of what I took to be God was on a mountain just west of here chasing mulies. The very air was electric somehow - oh and though I can't recall if I killed a buck that day, I surely took a few off of it over the years and it's that moment that remains crystal clear in my increasingly foggy memory.

You and I have - I believe anyway - had some of this conversation previously, but one of the precious things about surviving a few tough experiences in life is the perspective it allows us to gain.

Honestly speaking then Randy, although I'd enjoy having a visit and a beverage of choice with almost anyone here at our cyber 'Fire, the list of those I'd choose to spend time with afield is decidedly brief.

What I personally derive from hunting - and seemingly like a salmon swimming upstream am driven to do - isn't something that I perhaps should or even can share with most people outside my immediate family.

Hopefully that makes sense and doesn't come across as being elitist, nonetheless it's where I've arrived at somehow.

As always it's nice to share ether space with you sir. All the best to you and yours this summer.

Dwayne

It's easier to find a good wife than it is a good hunting partner.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"