Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Tracks
If he provided you with a free hunt?
This subject came up in a conversation last night and it was suggested that the board be asked.

It's an interesting question. "Unpopular and disliked" in what context? I try my darndest to get along with everybody--even if it means the best thing is to minimize my interactions with them.

That said, if I found myself in camp with a difficult personality (and I have), I can manage just fine. I don't get wrapped up in having to correct the other guy or argue with him. It's easy just to sit quiet and enjoy the good things that are happening. Instead of taking 10 minutes to get firewood, take an hour. Or two. Go do dishes--that's often an easy way to get some alone time in camp! Put in your earphones and listen to music. Or, just change the subject. I like to ask guys what they're afraid of. The stories are true, and they are funny. (I don't do bees. Or big snakes. Icky. eek )

Often the other guy has real issues that cause him to behave the way he does. Listen to him. Find out what's eating him. Give a little bit of yourself and reach out to him. Even when you don't change him, he'll notice you treated him well. And just wait, the next time will be better--maybe not lots, but some. At some point you'll have earned the right to be heard by him and you can speak some truth into his life. He'll actually listen when you tell him that he doesn't have to be right all the time or an exaggerating windbag 24/7, or whatever.

As for going on a hunt with somebody here, free or not, I think I'd be honored that they asked me, and would give it a go. If they prove to be unsafe (like they get drunk and point their gun at me) or steal my stuff, then I'd have speak up. But, their general popularity here on this website wouldn't likely influence my decision.

And FWIW, I agree with others: I don't know why people are good guys in person but not nice behind the keyboard. It doesn't add up for me. But again, there's a reason for it. It might be worth finding out what that reason is...

Waders, with all due respect, BT/DT. It didn't happen and didn't work; it just enabled the lowlife cretin to continue in his predetermined and nefarious manner.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.