It all looks great, fine and dandy but in the final analysis what does it all mean, truly, as it impacts an animal?

I've seen similar photos of expansion for more years than I can count and they all look remarkably similar.

Frankly I'm not so convinced that the expansion aspect is nothing much more that bullet manufacturers sales spiel to con the buyers.

Energy dump is another pseudo scientific gimmick wherein the manufacturer brags about his bullet being found "just under the hide" on the opposite side. Not my philosophy. If it didn't go all the way out and leave wound channel/exit hole that means to me inadequate energy.

In the final analysis bullet placement is paramount in success and that will be a heart, lungs, spine, head shot and not a gut shot or a rump shot.

Don't get me wrong. I truly admire the study here. It's great and shows a great affection for ballistics. I'm absolutely for it 100%.

Just want to point out that there are other aspects contributing of equal and probably more importance.