Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by BCSteve
Originally Posted by ACLakey
Sako75, only the rear portion of the Accubond is "bonded". The front portion is not and the bullet acts like a partition loosing the front third of the bullet and the rear portion penetrating on.

I have never heard of the Accubond being described like that. They are designed to act in a similar fashion as the Partition but I'm pretty sure the whole think is bonded.

I seem to recall JB being the one who mentioned that only the rear half or so of the Accubond is bonded. I may be mistaken though. Perhaps he could chime in.

JB has described it thus on more than one occasion. That's HOW it achieves it's partition-like performance. The unbonded front acts like the front portion of a partition while the bonded rear continues to penetrate.

"The front section of AccuBonds isn't bonded, so it fragments much like the front end of a Partition. This is done deliberately to approximate the terminal performance of a Partition. How much weight is retained depends on the particular bullet; as with Partitions, many of the heavier AB's are designed to retain a higher percentage of weight. But the front end definitely fragments."

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt..._Bullet_weight_Who_downsized#Post4097091

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear