Originally Posted by VaHunter
OK, picked my MRC 260 Rem up today from my FFL. I apologize in advance for not posting pictures. I have taken some of the rifle and I have figured out how to download them to my "new" computer, but I have not learned to post pictures to the campfire. I promise I will learn this soon.

First, overall fit and finish appears excellent.

Second, I do not have an accurate weight scale so that said the rifle weighed a little over 7# on my fishing scale (Boga Grip) which has a very course scale and is only fairly accurate. Rifle is heavy enough in the barrel to make me think it will still be slightly barrel heavy with 16 or 18 oz of scope and base on it, from my experience.

Third, fit and finish of the tang to stock is perfect. This is a pet peeve of mine.

Fourth, Barrel flutes are sharp and clean and are "clocked" perfectly at 12:00 and 6:00 with the action.

Fifth, bottom metal fit is also perfect.

Sixth, barrel is floated back to shank. Gap is even on each side of the barrel with one small area exception (a little picky). I was able to slide three thicknesses of paper in the barrel channel with easy but the barrel does not appear to have that much gap, and it certainly not obvious that the barrel is even floated at first look.

Seventh, recoil pad fit is again perfect.

Eighth, trigger pull averages 3 lb. 2 oz. on my gauge.

Ninth, stock color is uniform. I would call it dark olive with black splatter, for lack of a better description.

Tenth, it took 45# and 30# to remove the front and rear action screws respectfully. I am not sure what the torque recommendation is for this rifle. This was measure on a Wheeler wrench which is not the most accurate available.

Eleventh, the recoil lug and all of the barrel shank has bedding compound. The pad at the front action screw has bedding material on approx. 60% of is surface. There is no bedding in the tang area.

Twelve, Is the only negative I have found in my quick look over. The Mag box is binding between the action and the bottom metal. I am going to shoot it before I work on that problem.

Again, I am sorry for not having pictures. This project is going to force me to up my technology knowledge.

Ed

Good to know, I could probably wait a few more days for mine to arrive, but I'm curious what the diameter at the muzzle is and if they put on a heavier contour than normal when they fluted it.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter