Ok, against my better judgement I went thru about 1/2 of the break-in procedure that MRC recommended. I have never done this before to any great degree, I have cleaned barrels on new guns a little more frequently thru the first 40 or 50 rounds though.

So anyway I wasted 30 rounds yesterday and spent 6 hours on the range, I may continue the last 20 round procedure at my next range session. I did not have any brass to reload rounds so I purchased some Fed Premium 140 gr Gamekings for the break-in and to get some brass. The first ten rounds (cleaning every round) went into about a 4" group, which I thought was fairly good a clean bore new barrel. When I started shooting the 5 round procedure I shot 2 rounds to foul the barrel and 3 for group. To my suppress the 3 shot groups were around 1" with some a little over and a couple a little under. I did let the barrel cool approximately 5 minutes between the 3 rounds.

If I can shoot 1.25" groups with a factory load with less than 30 rounds thru the barrel I think the gun will be a great shooter whens loads are worked up for the gun.

Now I am not endorsing the break-in procedure, I just elected to do it to see what the rifle would do and to get some brass to work with. I could have shot just as good or better by just firing rounds with a little time for barrel cooling.

Note, at 64 years old I don't have the best eyes in the world.