Deep underground depository--Eurajoki in Finland is due to start accepting used fuel rods in 2020--Forsberg in Sweden has just approved a site there, France has also approved a site.

I heard a rumour that Germany and France are negotiating with Finland to take theirs also.

Rufus is right--there is a good bit of energy left in the spent fuel but current technology limits its recovery.

There really is a lot of places that it could be stored safely but no one wants it in their backyard and therefore all the problems are political.

Eruojoki in Finland was tickled to get it--town of 6000 with 700 new high paying jobs. Lots of competition for the site in Sweden also.

Northwestern Ontario has lost 30 paper mills in the last 20 years--all the little towns up here are quickly turning into 1 gas station whistlestops. Its an economically depressed area. My own kids had to move away for employment--but nobody wants it here either.

I think we ought to find a place to store it and then go Nuclear--them windmills are a good idea that didn't work.
Green Power my a$$