I understand, there is a specific competition this gun is gear for. It does not bear the name of the event,so; I dont know what that is. It is called "Precision Rifle" and I am sure as heck 99% of buyers are looking for the "Precision" part and not the competition part. Around here anyways. One LGS had one and sold it (fast)before I get get a curiosity look. So I asked. Is there any club within a 100 miles they know of with a 1000 yard range. Nope no one knows of any. Maybe a place about 50 miles east with 600 yard setup. They seem to do a brisk business in 50 bmg and ar, ak, black shotguns etc....

I found this image on another forum. By Wheeler Accuracy. It sure looks "Precision" to me. Does anyone think that Ruger would sell (I mean to the 99%) if it even remotely looked like this?

[Linked Image]

I would think the weight could be changed and magazine added if a design had to meet certain competition requirements. I mean for the 1% looking to shoot a certain event, what ever mystery event that might be. And the stock could be blackened if that is required. Then maybe a buyer this look would attract would expect more than 3/4 moa performance?

Stirring the pot,