Originally Posted by toad

my statement that 140s @ 3400 from a .264 Win. is kind of a red flag stands.

I know I don't have to, but I want you to feel better about the extra 150 fps grin

I have one lot of RL-33. In my last barrel, I was at 77 grains for 3250 fps. In that barrel I never got more than 3250 fps without pressure signs. I was shooting the 140 VLD.

That was what caused me to say that it was interesting that the dude who was loading 75 grains was only getting a bit over 3000.

When I started load development in my new barrel, I started at 72 grains, fired 3 shots up to 73 grains and hit pressure way too early for a test so I started over and lower at 69 grains. At 72.5 I had a faint ejector mark and at 73 as well with a bit of a sticky bolt lift. I realize that the old barrel's throat was worn and this was a new chamber causing the difference.

The entire ladder at 550 yards was a node. I simply picked the highest charge under the pressure signs, loaded 3 and shot them at 100. It grouped .3"

At this point I had no idea of the velocity until I shot it for drop data and used Ballistic AE to true it out.

Whoever said it is a "fast" barrel is right. I'm also shooting the 139 Scenar. The barrel and bullet dimensions might have bearing on the results, but some barrels are slower and some are faster. I thought it was interesting. This happens to be a "fast" and "accurate" barrel...

The last 5 shots of the Audette

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[video:youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spnHDf0flJ0[/video]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.