Originally Posted by toad
I do use RL33 in the .264. IMO, similar to but less bulky than RL50. I could get ~30-40 fps more from it (and RL50) than 7828. that gain put me in the 3220-3250 ballpark.

thing is, your load seems to be a mild load but yields 150+ fps more than what I am getting with quite a bit more RL33.

that is what I would be concerned about. wildly unexpected results might seem like a gift, but still raise the red flags.

do you have access to QL?

I had QL on a computer that died, so not now. I know of no published data for the .264 with RL -33. QL may be a good pretictor but I wouldn't rely on it as Gospel

Statements about using quite a few grains more (up to 5 grains on this thread) than my load of 72 and getting a lot less velocity is what I found interesting. I would think that would go to show that there is such a thing as "fast" barrels. I also think that a guy using 77 grains and achieving less than 3100 would signify that there are "slow barrels" (or a completely worn out throat)

Another possible point where error may exist is in everyone's statement of the velocity they think they are getting.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.