MM, this is my take on it. BDL has come to commonly mean a hinged floor plate, however, that's not exactly what BDL is. BDL Custom Deluxe was one of the grade designations offered. BDL Custom Deluxe had a gloss poly finish, cheeckpiece, and black forend tip. Back in the day (early 80s), there were simply four 700s, ADL (A grade deluxe), Classic, BDL Custom Deluxe (B grade Custom Deluxe), and Varmint Special (which may have been BDL Varmint Special). Both the Classic and Varmint Special also had hinged floorplates. The Classic for example is absolutely not a BDL. And a BDL can have a detachable magazine... But then there's never been a 700 designated ADL which has a hinged floor plate. Then things got complicated, and pretty cool, with Mtn Rifles, RS, KS, European etc etc... Then SS. Then the bead blasted plastic chit where ADL just meant no floorplate and SPS, which has a floorplate, yet sure as hell ain't a B Grade Deluxe (BDL) rifle. And J-locks, Xmarks etc and it's hard to fathom what's coming.... Seems they again offer a BDL Custom Deluxe style rifle but just call it a BDL... So, are they the same? One made by the old Remington and one by the new? I'd go old.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?