Back around 1981, J. C. Penney decided to get out of the department store business and go for the yuppie trade. Sporting good were sold off at massive discount, so less than wholesale. My wife worked at out local JCP and said they're selling off a bunch of guns at a loss. I picked up a Remington M700 BDL for $210.95 IIRC correctly. Tag said $359.95. That included another 10 percent off for my wife's employee discount. Being her husband I too got the discount. FWIW, I also picked up a Winchester M94 for $95.00 and a Marlin 336 for $110.00. Sold the Marlin to a friend who uses it to this day. Use the 94 for a cast bullet gun. Never did use the BDL for much more that some cast bullet work and as a loaner to friends. Should do something about that. A whole back I took some 0000 steel wool to that horrible glossy finish. Nice satin look now. Maybe I'll hunt it this winter. My elk hunt starts this December 31. shocked
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE