I have had several people PM me inquiring about my newest custom build, so I thought I would post a few photos on the Campfire.

The rifle is based on an original, Tom Burgess built, G33/40 action that our own RinB had kept stashed in his safe since the Pleistocene. It was still in the white, and had Burgess custom mounts and safety.

I bought the action and hauled it over to D'Arcy's shop to see if he was interested in completing the rifle for me. It took a couple of six packs of Alaskan Amber and an undisclosed amount of top-shelf gin, but he agreed to do the job.

He brought the blueprinting up to his standards and installed a Krieger barrel of his own contour chambered to the exotic 30-06 Springfield cartridge. He also installed a Recknagel trigger and a speed-lock firing pin spring before fitting a McMillan stock.

I really like the way the rifle turned out. It weighs about 7.75 pounds with a Leupold fixed six and five rounds of ammo, which is just right for a 30-06 in my book. The rifle has also proven to be very accurate, shooting 168 TTSX's at 2900 fps into .500" or so with the first powder he tried.

I think this rifle makes a nice addition to my hunting battery and compliments my 270 Legend that was also built on a Burgess Model 70 action.

As always, D'Arcy did a fantastic job and I appreciate his willingness to do this one of a kind job for me.

Best,

Chet

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen