I was there twice. Met his lovely wife as well. Once you got past his ___________ (whatever you want to call it) he was really a very nice man, and very generous with his time. He liked to visit, especially when he didn't have anything else going on in the shop. And he really loved telling stories about Jack O'Connor.

One of the times I was there I happened to have my copy of the old Gun Digest Review of Custom Guns edited by Ken Warner. He was very gracious to sign it for me on page 42, where there is a really good photo of all of the Custom Smiths (or most of them I guess) who attended the 1979 NRA show at Salt Lake City. So I guess that photo tends to show that he did attend at least one Show.

His shop was very modest. In fact, when he first showed me around I could hardly believe that the quality of the work he was putting out came from such a meager shop.

I made sure that his time with me wasn't for naught. Even though I didn't need any, I purchased a set of his famous scope rings (he liked cash money) I should have never sold them, but life goes on and takes us all with it.

You, being the absolute gun nut that you are, would have liked him.

Do you get over to Cody much when you are having "yet another" stock made by Gary Goudy?
K