Originally Posted by CCCC
I hope and trust that Ken would not be bothered or upset by this reply to your request.

One of the effects of his long-ago stroke was that, under what most of us would feel as normal conditions, Ken felt quite cold. Over the years we have done several things in his home to help him stay warm. But he liked to be near a heat source and once ordered a floor stand propane space heater on his own. When I saw how he was using the thing it seemed dangerous, so an alternative was arranged and I removed the propane heater and stored it at my home.

A few months ago his local care-giver called, said that Ken needed/wanted the heater and came up here to get it. This was with a promise that the heater would be fix-mounted on a wall - well above the floor. It was.

I was not nearby when Ken was burned, but apparently he was standing with his back to the heater and his clothing reached flash point. Much of his back was burned and he was airlifted to UNM Hospital in Albuquerque. He did repond to burn treatments but related issues led to his death.

I was aware of the burning incident, and knew that it could end up costing him his life.

Sad deal all around.

The man had guts to stick it out as long as he did. I very much respect a man with guts. RIP Ken.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!