I hope I'm not overstepping any bounds, I'm going to quote a statement of a mutual friend from before Ken Passed.

'After struggling for quite a while to get his wishes communicated, Ken had the medicos remove the breathing/suction/camera apparatus and tubing so that he could talk and express some things. They seemed convinced that removal of the breathing tube etc. would cause him to have trouble and go downhill quickly, but so far he is holding his own and his 02, BP and heart rates are functioning at about normal levels.

With some good help, Ken was able to explain and reinforce the terms of his living will and the DNR order and affirm his power of attorney declaration. In my view, he wanted all of that to be clear because this latest setback with the pulmonary troubles has been very difficult for him and he seems tired of the extra measures. He openly expresses his wish that the Lord will take him away so that he again can be with Carol Ann'.

My response at the time...

I wish Ken would be around forever, same as I wish the older guys who took us young'uns under their wings, hunting, fishing... how to be a man.

But they've all went their way... and each was ready when it happened.

I have talked with Ken many times about him moving on to the great glory. Obviously the darker it gets the more appealing the light becomes.

I pray Lord, to lift him up... lift up my brother to the light... amen

Kent

Ken was able to pass along goodbyes to us through another mutual friend that was able to spend the last day with him.

see ya after, amigo...