This has turned into an absolute riot. Talk show host Steve Colbert gave the occupiers a bit of coverage last night (Jan 12), noting the group was short on supplies and and was soliciting support through the leader's mom. Here's the general tone:

Mom!

Really harsh up here in SE Oregon hanging out in these destitute government facilities. I don't know how anyone lives or works here. Looks like it might take us a couple more days to dispose of 21,000 square miles of previously public ground in the region, and some of the boys are getting a little impatient and bored. We're like really out there, maybe 30 miles from town and even worse, it's about 5 miles to the nearest café and bar. That being,could you gather up some things and route them up? Necessities include (and this list is real):

[Linked Image]
Love you,

Ammon

Mommm??? MOOMMMM???

Being the group's not confined to quarters, Colbert was kind enough to generate a Mapquest printout for them to the Burns Safeway. That's where we and all the ranchers from 125 miles further south go when we need things.

So, if some of you guys could help them out, maybe route over some:

blankies
underwear
socks
foot warmers
Miracle whip
mayo
$$$$$
hay
boxer briefs
shampoo and conditioner
radio
throw rugs
aprons
games
wipes
pads
French vanilla creamer
and lots of smokes and chew

That's a non smoking facility, so these are some really serious rebels we've got on our hands.

No need for personal deliveries though, as conditions are pretty rough. We've got like 12 inches of snow on the ground and it's cold. Maybe down into the mid 30's today. USPS, UPS and FedEx dash down on a daily basis, so one can ship stuff.

With my interest in history, I was going through some revolutionary war materials the other day and ran across a similar note from Colonel Jackson as he was headed toward New Orleans back in 1814. It read:

Dearest Mother:

Tough deal down here, please send powder and lead.

Love,
Tom

Seems we were a different and tougher breed of cat back then.

SERIOUSLY NOW:
Latest update is the occupiers have shipped in their own Judge who will arrest and imprison the local authorities and take over government affairs. They're also bringing in a Constitutional expert from Florida who will speak for 2 hours at their community meeting this coming Saturday- again at our local Fair Grounds. I hear she is from Florida, might have an Associates Degree in law, is well experienced with public land policy here in the arid west, and has had a tough time holding down a job.

She better be seriously golden tongued, as I've never met a person in my 70 yrs that can hold my attention for 2 hours while I'm perched in a metal chair.

Were it not our local community with many of my own endeavors being disrupted, I'd be laughing so hard the tears would be flowing.

Have a good one.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/13/16.

1Minute