No local stories of a gun battle here either. If that was the case, the authorities would have been employing poor tactics.

About 5 versions of the takedown from the occupier group have been fed to the media, with most of those coming from parties that were not there and some even living in Arizona. Those versions take the tone of the Arizona guy casually stepping out to say "Hi" and being hammered.

Version I heard on the John Day radio station a moment ago was: a substantial traffic stop station in place where everyone slowed and the rig with the bulk of the intellectually superior Nevada party decided to stop. The Arizona guy elected to blow through, subsequently encountered the well barricaded station some distance down the highway. Decision 2 was an off road run would be a good segue.

With a ton of snow up there, that ploy was likely good for half a car length. As he exited the rig, he reached toward his waist band and lights were switched off. There’s reports of video, but no decision yet on if/when it will be released. Given recent national interests in enforcement efforts, it would not surprise me if they had Spielberg up there to direct the camera work.

My speculation is it’s a clean shoot. Had it been an assassination party, no one in any of the rigs would have been heard from again. Sounds like there's 3 to 5 still holding out at Refuge Headquarters.

I hear it's a serious shakedown if one wants to use any of the three routes approaching that site.

Have a good one,

Last edited by 1minute; 01/28/16.

1Minute