I tried to order a rye and Coke in a bar somewhere in southern US one time, can't remember where. Anyway, the bartender just gave me a blank stare. I said it louder, stare got blanker...finally figured out that if you order Crown and Coke, they can help you out!

Poutine is indeed better than it sounds. Ontario was a bit different than Alberta, Ontario we called pike Northerns or just pike, Alberta its usually Jack or some other slang. Swamp donkey or ditch donkey for moose. I didn't know boomers had a different name..Yankee's start south of the border...(I know better now)...a toque is the right and proper term...we measure fuel economy in litres per 100km, but I prefer mpg..remember ordering my first iced tea down south and thinking wtf is this? Was about to send it back till my brother told me what was going on. I thought all the waitresses were overcome by my rugged Canadian handsomeness till I realized they call everyone by some pet name..that was a bit disappointing.

American cigarettes smell like weed, and taste like dried cow dung. You can't get a good chicken fried steak in Canada, that I've found, and nowhere near the good gravy either. My brother used to drink the gravy after finishing his biscuit. Better food south of the border in general, for certain.