Originally Posted by seal_billy
If your bike has a separate resivour for the transmission then I would run a oil like redline made for motorcycle transmissions. As for the engine run whatever makes you feel good as long as the weight isnt to thin. I run synthetic rotella in my bike but it's a single cylinder enduro and it's water cooled. For an air cooled motor I'd say thicker oil like a 20w50. The motorcycle oil is hype to a degree, if you don't have a wet clutch run whatever you want if you have a wet clutch run rotella, it's cheaper than bike oil, doesn't have friction modifiers and even has a bike certification on the jug. Even car oils don't have friction modifiers in heavier weights, but they don't have as much zinc and phosphorus which won't matter much either if the motor has already been broke in.

Mobile 1 makes a 15w50 that has a high zinc and phosphorus level with no friction modifiers that comes in a 5 quart jug that is great for bikes. I guarantee it's cheaper than harley oil and just as good and is way more widely available.

^^^^^
Sound advice as far as cycle oil goes imo.

Teal, that is a good lookin scooter. I really like that color.