Fotis;
Good morning to you sir, I trust this finds you well on this slightly soggy first Saturday in March.

I'll answer from the perspective of a hobby gun tinkerer who installs a fair few recoil pads on either friend's, family's or customer's rifles or shotguns.

IF you need to grind it at all - even a wee bit - then in my experience do yourself a favor and get the Decelerator.

I'm sure there's some magic/secret way to grind the stickier one's somehow, but I can tell you that sticking the stock in the freezer and lubricating it with WD40 only led to me speaking in foreign tongues when I attempted to do an adequate job with one.

Sorry I can't recall if it was a Kick Ease or which of the gummy ones I was working with and honestly perhaps the new ones are better.

I can tell you however that if someone calls me today and asks for a recoil pad installed, the only one's I'll do anymore are Pachmayr. As I say it's a hobby and mode of relaxation for me - and grinding a sticky recoil pad isn't exactly relaxing.... wink

Hopefully that helped and was useful for you or someone out in ether space this morning sir. All the best to you this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"