I bought a Limbsaver slip on pad and a Pachmayr slip on about the same time a several years ago. The Limbsaver was soft and worked well but was much heavier - until it started to melt! Still use the Pachmayr.

As Ringman suggested the Cervelatti MicroCell is an excellent pad. I bought one over a year ago from Brownells and recently went to buy another one and found they didn't carry them anymore. Ringman's post pointed me to Hastings Distributors and I ordered two more yesterday. Thanks, Ringman!

I have several rifles with Decelerators on and they work fine. They look good and seem to last years without melting or getting hard.

I had just screwed a new red Decelerator pad on a stock I'm refinishing when I learned that MicroCells were available from Hastings. The new pad is not yet ground to fit so it will come off the stock and be replaced by a MicroCell.

The MicroCell pad is softer than Pachmayr Decelerators, weight half as much and are much easier for me to install. I have one on an 8 lb. 7mm Mag and it really works to lessen the recoil.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson