Houndgirl: Since you have them (Parachute Adams) in hand, I will post my thoughts on their efficacy. With obvious top water action, I find parachute patterns work well in both still and flowing waters on a dead drift. A very very slight tweek or movement will sometimes attract interest in still water if there are lots of competing real McCoys about. The white wing really helps old eyes find the fly in shaded riffle/pool situations too. Unlike many traditionally tied dry flies, however, once they go under water on the drag, I find them completely ineffective. They likely don't look like anything a fish has seen before underwater. We have frozen down here in the past week, so there will be little fly angling for about the next 3 months. We can only open 144 square inches of ice (something to do with heavy folks falling through snowed over ice holes), and its too difficult to hit that 48 foot long 1/4 inch wide chain saw cut with my kinked up fly line. It also ices back in pretty quickly, and my skimmer's the wrong dimension. Tight lines and happy holidays to all, 1Minute

Last edited by 1minute; 12/02/06.

1Minute