Got into a lease this year to hunt hogs on while in FL. Shot 5 with a 308 150 Corelokt and no complaints. Killed one a couple of years ago with a 270 140 Hornady, no complaints. A couple of these hogs were over 200 lb. All center mass shots.

I have an AR 15 in 223/5.56 and read a lot about the round and pigs. No surprise that some swear by it and some swear at it. I am thinking it might be fun to hunt them with an AR style gun thus my question:

For those that have hunted pigs with the 6.8 SPC and the 223/5.56, how much more effective is the 6.8 SPC than the 223/5.56 on pigs? Center mass shots. The cover is very thick and it sure is nice to "stop" them before they get too far in that stuff.

The 308/270 loads were very effective at putting them down with center mass shots. The farthest one made tracks was about 40 yards and I did hit that one back just a bit farther than I should have. My thoughts are the 223/5.56 maybe not so good unless a head/spine shot is taken, especially on a larger hog. How much better would the 6.8 be?

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!