Citori16: I am somewhat new to Browning BuckMarks (started buying and shooting them 5 - 6 years ago) I currently own 5 of them and I LOVE them all.
They are accurate, reliable, good looking, have great triggers and are FUN to shoot!
My current stable of Ruger's includes 12 models including MK-I's. MK-II's, MK-III's and 22/45's.
They are accurate, reliable, good looking, have great triggers and are FUN to shoot!
"Comparable" new models of the Ruger or the BuckMark are each about equally expensive with the Rugers a tad higher.
But if money is an object then on the used market (I have bought most of my BuckMarks on the used market) I think the BuckMarks can more often be found in the "good buy" category in the used market.
I don't know why?
Last week I went with my long time friend and Hunting partner to buy a Browning BuckMark pistol for his Gopher Hunting needs.
He wanted a new gun and we found a beautiful BuckMark with a green barrel and sharp flutes cut in that heavy barrel.
I do not have any idea what the model name/number is but it cost my friend $500.99!
Thats a lot.
There are other new models of the BuckMark that are cheaper than that but that pistol rates very high in the "cool looking department" and will serve my friend perfectly I am sure.
There are other new models of the BuckMark that are cheaper than that one.
One local gunshop that I am familiar with has 4 heavy barrel Rugers in their display case - they are sold out of BuckMarks.
The BuckMarks sell very quickly for this shop - maybe because they are somewhat/slightly less expensive comparably with the Rugers.
Best of luck with whichever you choose but I think you can not go wrong with either.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy